What do you use to keep your house smelling good

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Scentsy in the bathrooms but I'm looking for natural alternatives. I worry about the chemicals in them. Many of my friends use an essential oil diffuser so I'm considering getting one to try. I have plenty of essential oils because I use them all the time for sickness etc. They work so well.

Opening the windows is always the best way, but in an evening I like to burn incense and candles to keep things smelling nice and inviting.

What do you all use to keep your house smelling nice all day everday? I buy scented candles from Yankee Candle, and Febreeze air sprays but the smell doesn't seem to last all day.  How many candles do I need per room, could that be an issue?
I think Yankee Candles have proven to be the best for me. They have so many varieties and all you need to do is light the candle, let it burn for one to three hours and the entire room smells awesome.My favorite scent is the pine varieties, cucumber melon and strawberry. Right now I have apple and they also make fun scents like vanilla cake and cookie crumbles. They have a scent for every occasion and trust me, the smell lasts. All you need is establish a taste in a certain variety and you'll never regret.

Another option is using scented oil in a votive candle burner. You have to replace the oil every day though.

I use Indonesian Teak scented candles. I also use some mild air fresheners as well. But the candles are my favorite. 

I also like to open a window. 

In addition, I really like the smell of cedar. So, I use cedar blocks, candles or oils (a little goes a long way) from time to time. Smells very clean. I find it to be relaxing as well.

I switched from chemicals to essential oils and it's so much better. You only need a few drops in a diffuser.

Back