What is the best facial cleanser (and toner) for combination/oily skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using alot of facial cleansers netrogena face wash was good but I kept getting pimples occassionally untill a friend recommended himalaya foaming facial cleanser and my face didn't break at all and it worked really nice, purifies the skin and keeps it soft and its 100% herbal..I really think u should try this

Originally Posted by iamjenifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm using Nu Skin toner. These can be purchased online. Message me to assist you.

Actually i am not aware of Nu Skin toner. Can you please more describe it.

Hey try proactive cleanser really it will help you out from your problem. Proactive deep cleansing is a way product than all other. I used it when my friend recomended it to me.This brush device has a snap on bristle head that vibrates back and forth gently. I just love this product! When I finish cleaning my face, my skin feels so soft! Thanks you so much Proactive!!!!

My skin is a lot like yours sounds.

I haven't found a perfect daily cleanser but I have decent luck alternating Cetaphil in the morning and the various cleansers I get from subs at night (I like to switch it up, helps balance) and I use Shea Terra's Rose Hips Black Soap at least once or twice a week.

As for toner, I make a homemade one with witch hazel, green tea, and a bit of aloe (fresh out of the leaf) and I really like it. It's super cheap to make, too.

My skin is a lot like yours sounds. I haven't found a perfect daily cleanser but I have decent luck alternating Cetaphil in the morning and the various cleansers I get from subs at night (I like to switch it up, helps balance) and I use Shea Terra's Rose Hips Black Soap at least once or twice a week. As for toner, I make a homemade one with witch hazel, green tea, and a bit of aloe (fresh out of the leaf) and I really like it. It's super cheap to make, too.
If you don't mind sharing I would love to know how to make that toner!

Hi! Well it may be a good idea to consult with a dermatologist but my sister when we were growing up got me hooked on using St Ives Apricot Scrub. Everytime I used it ( about 3 times a week so I didn't dry out my skin) my face would feel super soft afterwards. You don't have to scrub too hard either. Just gently rub the wash over your face and rinse with cool or warm water. Not too hot because hot water will definitely dry out your skin. I also dab on a little bit of Lubriderm intense repair on my face afterwards. Just a little bit. It goes a long way and it's not oily or greasy. I still use it today as an adult and I STILL love it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck!

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you don't mind sharing I would love to know how to make that toner!
It's really easy! I take 1 cup of green tea (boil the water, steep the tea for about 10 minutes, then let it cool) and mix it with 1/4 cup of witch hazel.  A friend told me she has started adding chamomile and loves it, but I haven't tried that yet,

When I have it, I mix in 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil (it is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and anti fungal). Then I squeeze in a couple of leaves worth of aloe vera juice, shake it all up, and put it in a tightly covered bottle/container. The aloe and essential oil are both optional, but have their own benefits! You can store it in the fridge and it will last a while. I sometimes put a small amount in a little bottle and put it in my vanity in case I don't want to go all the way to the fridge and it has never gone bad being unrefrigerated in a cool dark place for a week or two.

I've tried Proactive several times for my acne-prone/sensitive skin. I can't use it, though. It burns and turns my skin red, because it's too sensitive to handle it. That's why I prefer the Juice Beauty clear skin line... it does all the stuff Proactive does, only it's made with natural ingredients and doesn't pump your skin full of harsh chemicals. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I definitely agree that Proactive is overrated....I tried it two times (years apart) and it stripped my skin of everything and I had to moisturize within an inch of my life, I find that gentler things work better for acne, for me. Stripping your skin too much makes your skin produce MORE oil.

It's really easy! I take 1 cup of green tea (boil the water, steep the tea for about 10 minutes, then let it cool) and mix it with 1/4 cup of witch hazel.  A friend told me she has started adding chamomile and loves it, but I haven't tried that yet, When I have it, I mix in 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil (it is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and anti fungal). Then I squeeze in a couple of leaves worth of aloe vera juice, shake it all up, and put it in a tightly covered bottle/container. The aloe and essential oil are both optional, but have their own benefits! You can store it in the fridge and it will last a while. I sometimes put a small amount in a little bottle and put it in my vanity in case I don't want to go all the way to the fridge and it has never gone bad being unrefrigerated in a cool dark place for a week or two.
Thank you soooooooooo much!!! I am super excited to go shopping this weekend for the ingredients and make it! I have an aloe plant, those are the leaves you are talking about right?

Thank you soooooooooo much!!! I am super excited to go shopping this weekend for the ingredients and make it! I have an aloe plant, those are the leaves you are talking about right?
Yep! I'm sure you could use the bottled variety, but we have several aloe plants so I just use those :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yep! I'm sure you could use the bottled variety, but we have several aloe plants so I just use those :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sweeeet! I've really been into making my own face masks lately. It's so fun and fresh, natural, stuff seems to work wonders for my skin which is why I am so interested in the toner. So if you girls have any other awesome recipes for stuff like this I would love to know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sweeeet! I've really been into making my own face masks lately. It's so fun and fresh, natural, stuff seems to work wonders for my skin which is why I am so interested in the toner. So if you girls have any other awesome recipes for stuff like this I would love to know
smile.gif
Lip scrub: equal parts honey and sugar with a tiny bit of olive oil, I save the tubs from samples to store it in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Face scrub: 1 tablespoon of oats, a teaspoon of honey, and two tablespoons of yogurt. It exfoliates and brightens, I like it in the morning!

I tried something I read about using orange peels as a body scrub and it really does work! You just wrap the orange peels in some gauze or cheesecloth and rub it all over your body in the shower. The acid and vitamin C help even out the skin and tightens and brightens. I bet other citrus peels could work, too...

Raw potato slices and used chamomile tea bags are great for depuffing eye bags.

I'm now on a mission to make a perfect homemade facial cleanser. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, and I make eye makeup remover out of equal parts olive oil and jojoba oil...I keep it in a little glass apothecary bottle...removes all of my eye makeup easily with a cotton ball...you can rub in the residue for some extra moisture in your eye area (I need it as I climb closer to 30) or it's easy washed off with a bit of cleanser. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lip scrub: equal parts honey and sugar with a tiny bit of olive oil, I save the tubs from samples to store it in :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Face scrub: 1 tablespoon of oats, a teaspoon of honey, and two tablespoons of yogurt. It exfoliates and brightens, I like it in the morning! I tried something I read about using orange peels as a body scrub and it really does work! You just wrap the orange peels in some gauze or cheesecloth and rub it all over your body in the shower. The acid and vitamin C help even out the skin and tightens and brightens. I bet other citrus peels could work, too... Raw potato slices and used chamomile tea bags are great for depuffing eye bags. I'm now on a mission to make a perfect homemade facial cleanser. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh, and I make eye makeup remover out of equal parts olive oil and jojoba oil...I keep it in a little glass apothecary bottle...removes all of my eye makeup easily with a cotton ball...you can rub in the residue for some extra moisture in your eye area (I need it as I climb closer to 30) or it's easy washed off with a bit of cleanser. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You are AMAZING... Thanks!!! Now bear with me as I ask stupid questions because I'm new at this stuff lol.. Where do I buy jojoba oil? I use olive oil right now to remove eye makeup and it works but could use some improvement. Can't wait to try this stuff!

You are AMAZING... Thanks!!! Now bear with me as I ask stupid questions because I'm new at this stuff lol.. Where do I buy jojoba oil? I use olive oil right now to remove eye makeup and it works but could use some improvement. Can't wait to try this stuff!
Not a stupid question at all! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got mine at GNC (a vitamin/health shop)...I know they carry it at Trader Joes if you have one near you (which I no longer do). You can find it at most any health store, like the vitamin shoppe, etc. Or, of course, online. Amazon has it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i have a similar skin type, and the best cleanser i've used so far is Kinerase Pro+ Therapy Skin Balancing cleanser. I believe Amazon carries it? I got it when it was on sale on Groupon Goods.

I love how it isn't drying at all and feels very gentle, but at the same time it gets the job done.

I heard La Roche Posay cleansers are really good as well although I don't have any first hand experience. Their moisturizers are my holy grail (especially Hydraphase Intense Light), so i can't imagine their cleansers would suck.

If you're looking for a cheaper option, i like Clean & Clear Essentials cleanser for sensitive skin. I use it in the shower when i need a quick wash.

I use and absolutely LOVE this line: http://www.jouviance.com/

I have oily/combination skin and I use to get acne. This line caters to all concerns in the simplest of ways. You should use the 3in1 gel cleanser; it doesn't foam, there are no harsh soaps in this product and it's a 3in1!! and you could use the ecodefense 3in1 cream (I LOVE THIS, I even got my bf hooked on it),

I have combination/oily skin also and I use La Roche Posay's Physiological Soothing Toner as I find the gentler the skincare, the better!

Back