What is the most exotic/weird/strange food you've ever eaten?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm....some of my strange foods...

Gator (also in Gator Land Florida)

Liver (Mom used to make me eat it - YUCK - an organ that filters all the toxins out of your blood)

Frogs Legs (tastes like chicken but with less meat)

This is a strange combo more than a strange food. I love going to the movies and getting nachos with cheese and then adding ketchup to the nachos as well. It started a LONG time ago when I worked at a movie theatre and I still love it.

OMG I'm getting the heeby jeebies reading some of these posts!!!

I really love chicken livers, the greeks cook them really well and marinate them for days before serving, SO yummy! Ok I know I'm going to get some virtual slaps here from some of you, since they're SO cute ... but probably the weirdest thing I've ever eaten was dolphin. Yep, on holidays in barbados ...

The weirdest things I've had are from when I was in Australia travelling - crocodile kebabs (bit yucky and fatty and chewy) , Kangaroo (which is YUMMY) and spag bol made on buffalo mince.

The *weirdest* thing I ever ate was rabbit. It may not seem weird to some people because in certain cultures its very common to eat it.

Anyway, I was tricked into eating rabbit at this BBQ I went to many years ago and I didn't know what it was until after I had swallowed it because it was heavily seasoned.

I got really pissed off afterwards because the people I was with thought it was funny but I don't think its funny to trick someone into eating something that they normally wouldn't.

Leony: I got goosebumps from reading about your live shrimp - LOL -

:laughno:

I´ve eaten frog legs....THAT was disgusting....how do the french like it ? AWWW

Interesting thread! I have never really eaten anything wierd. I only eat the commonly eaten meats, and I need it to be completely cooked! No raw meat for me!

I would like to taste deer meat sometime...I have heard that it tastes really good.

the only weird thing i've eaten is i think ostrich jerky.

i stick to beef, pork, chicken, and select seafood all cooked and all meat, no intestines or anything.

you all are brave! i am a wimp when it comes to eating weird things. escargot is the weirdest thing i've ever eaten...

I have been basically a vegetarian since the age of 11--with a few tumbles off that wagon!--so I look like one bland eater next to all of you. The most adventerous/jaw-dropping thing I guess I've ever eaten is...cactus. :wassatt:

ditto to steak tartar. but i must say that i couldn't get over the fact that it was raw! so i don't like it too much.

oh yeah, conch too in bahamas! but not soup, just fried conch!

Sushi is about as exotic as I have gotten. I think I tried octopus one time. I can't remember though. I am too much of a sissy to try weird things.

WOW, you guys are all so brave. i can't eat weird food at all. it grosses me out. i can't even eat rabbit. other meat (lamb, cow, etc.) that's more common i have no problem with.

i'm surprised some of you said gator! my boyfriend told me he had that not too long ago and i thought it was some southern thing because i've NEVER heard of anyone eating it (up here, at least) before he mentioned it. yuck!

Live shrimp definitely takes the prize. I don't think I'd ever be able to eat anything that was literally jumping off my plate. Yowza.

The most exotic is the stuff my mom cooks occasionally, a traditional bengali dish called shutki. It's sun-dried fish that's then cooked into a spicy stew or curry. It's probably the stinkiest food I've ever encountered. Man, that stuff can knock you out! Doesn't sound too bad, but you gotta smell it to know. Phew.

I've also had some kind of Turkish thing, don't know what it's called. My friend brought some to school once, and it looked like stringy poop in a baggy. She said it was good, so I tried some. And it really was good. Salty and with an interesting texture. Lol.

I'm originally from Australia, and have tried kangaroo, crocodile...the latter was like chicken! My mum makes rabbit cassorole, and liver & bacon (at my dad's request)...which are blah!

The worst thing for me though, is the Indoneasian Durian fruit...it smells so, so bad...like feet! It's so pungent...can't believe a little fruit can reek the way it does! Euwww....

Okay, I will officially steer clear of this thread... LOL! While interesting, I can't stomach more than chicken, beef and pork.... I don't really care for pork either though... Nothing exotic/weird/strange from me... I can't even ear veal, rabbit, or Bambi!

Back