What is the most exotic/weird/strange food you've ever eaten?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. Thanks Goddess. Now I understand..I just didn't know what Spag Bol was. Spaghetti Bolognaise.

Y'know, when I was a young chick, one of my favorite cities was New Orleans. Well, still is,..but.. I haven't been there in years, and not after Katrina..but I used to go down there often and at this place called Houlihan's they had oysters on the half shell for 10 cents apiece during happy hour. I would go down there and seriously enjoy many, many oysters. I just learned, like a year ago....that Duh!!:doh: raw oysters on the half shell are Still Alive when you eat them!!!!:scared2: Am I stupid for not knowing this before? That just really grossed me out for some reason.

Frog...but it's delicious and not weird for me at all because I've ate it since young. Hmm, but I must say that Escargot is the weirdest food I've tried and only ate it when my sister ordered a dozen. It's her favourite! *squirms*

I love love LOVE pickled pigs' feet. My Daddy used to get me two jars every Christmas and put them in my stocking (just a tradition) but last Christmas was the first that I didn't get any because the only company that made them and sold them around where I lived closed. Now I don't know where to get any. :bawling: :kopfkratz:

I had poi when I was in Hawaii, I don't know if that counts as exotic or not. I've also had deer heart (it was tough and chewy) and fried calamari.

Hmm...the oddest food I've ever eaten was armadillo. My family's Trinidadian and hey eat armadillo pretty regularly but they call it "tatoo" My uncle, Errol, came to visit us in Florida and cuaght and cleaned some for us. My mom stewed it and it really tasted like chicken.

Oh yeah, we eat goat all the time so it's not exotic or anything.

Yeah I know a friend who ate whale sperm in Japan....not too sure what to think of that :kopfkratz: I once had to try fish's brain...i nearly threw up.....

I'm open to trying new things but ewww, that's just nasty! How would you eat that anyways!? Is it like one of those "secret's in the sauce" sort of things?

No, he said that he just drank it, shot style, you know....it wasn't cooked or anything, he did it for a dare. Guys do the most silliest things, especially when it comes to dares, it's this whole thing about keeping up the "macho" thing they are prepared to do ANYTHING.

When I was younger, I was at a Japanese restaurant and they had their version of pizza. It didn't have a list of what was in it, but I figured it couldn't be bad. The pizza came and there were these things that looked like sausage and they turned out to be pretty good, but had a funny after taste. My dad had asked the waiter if it was sausage and he said it was octopus eggs >.<

mmmmmm i LOVE cow tongue tacos!!!!!! in fact i think i think im making that tomorrow for dinner!!!!!!!!!

I have eaten: chicken feet, cow tongue, thousand year egg, sushi with raw fish etc. All these I don't consider weird at all (love them), but my coworkers and friends gave me weird looks.

i havent eaten anything really "weird" i guess some people think sushi is weird but i love it sooooo much im so proud cause i made my b/f try it and now he loves it to..at first he was just eating the rolls then he tried the actual peices " flesh" as he calls them lol he thinks thats wut the tuna looks like ..and he loved it..yey =)...id have to say id try anything once tho...but idk about that alive shrimp i dont think i could do that id feel bad for the shrimp. =(

sooo...the weirdest things i've eaten? cow brain and calf testicles!!!!! the testicles were amazing!!!!! sauteed with salt and lemon juice and abit of chilli pepper!

Back