What is/was your biggest turn off in a guy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Amber204 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hiking sandals with socks that's what I got hawt!! I think my SO was dressed terribly when we met but he waited for me to get off work and go to my usual spot all day so I over looked the sandals with socks, he knew allot of jokes made me laugh and didn't let my drink hit the bottom of the glass haha!

The first night we met we were both really shy and didn't say much during the game of pool we played with friends, than he came back a few ninghts later and sat with the owner waiting for me to show up and I did, that was that... now I accept the socks and sandals and simply make fun of him allot!
Well, I'm super picky when it comes to the way a guy looks and I just have certain things that I'm really weird with.. the sandals/flip flops is one of them, and I'm not the only one, I like how I'm made to look like I'm a witch or something because of that when a lot of other girls I'm friends with are the same way and throw up if they see a guy in sandals/flip flops, but then I have some friends who actually love men's feet, my friend the other day said she has to see a guys feet like right away because if he doesn't have nice feet she can touch and massage then she doesn't want to be with him.  I wanted to THROW UP and die when she said that cuz I could never imagineeeeeeeeeeeee "dying to see" a mans foot so I could hurry up and massage it, LOL.  But, I realllllly hate feet so... lol.   I'm anally picky and I'm trying to work thru it... recently a guy approached me and he had his rim bent on his hat and that totally set me off because any guy I've been with always wears the rim straight, LOL.  So, to see a bent rim really threw me for a loop and I didn't like it and I kept telling myself, seriously stop being picky, so what if the rim is bent but lol, it wasn't really working.  I'll look for anything to find something wrong with a guy, that's why I always end up back with my on/off again boyfriend, he's really good looking, but a complete jerk most of the time, hopefully one day I'll learn to stop being so petty

wow.. filthy men turn me off as well.

But "clean" and "organised" men are questionable at my uni... my good friend had a crush on 3 gorgeous guys throughout our degree, sleek, neat and doing pretty well. Turned out neither of them are into girls. She was pretty pissed off from memory!

Theres a few things that turn me off in a guy, no.1 is sleasiness. I can't stand seeing an overly confident guy trying to pick up every girl he comes in contact with.

no. 2 smoking. I dated a guy a while back who was a smoker, i thought i would've adapted to the smell since my dad and bf were both smokers. yet I developed an aversive effect to it.

no.3 messy guys!!!!

I hate liars.  Any liars...men or women.

What turns me of? 

Stupidity, poor hygiene (smelly), weak personality, selfishness, inability to express themselves, laziness and bad provider.

I am a strong personality and my husband is too.  We butt heads at times but we are both intelligent and effective people. I need someone that compliments who I am.  My husband is very knowledgeable in topics to which I have no clue and I fill in his blank spots. 

Originally Posted by CHaNGiNGFaCESx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why are you riding my ass about what I said about my personal likes and dislikes, and I said a million after that, and there are other people on here who said their dislikes, but you chose mine to be catty with and say your sarcastic comment? 
Hey lighten up!  The original comment was half-joking.  You don't need to be a drama queen as no one is riding your ass about anything much less your preferences.

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey lighten up!  The original comment was half-joking.  You don't need to be a drama queen as no one is riding your ass about anything much less your preferences.
Trust me the last thing I want to do is come on some message board and have drama or "be a drama queen"... misunderstanding on both sides, lets just leave it at that.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I could fill a page with things from the past that turn me off. The main one was lack of respect. The ones that made it obvious that  they were only  interested in my body and seeing it naked soonest is a prime example. Sex was ok but only after  getting to know him and some thing about his current  and past personal life. Poor hygeine was of course is high on my list.  Another pet peeve was the lack of  the abilty to converse on the current affiars. And I must add vain self cetered guys didnt get a second date. Very obese guys were not for me to date although passive friendship with them was ok.

The posts here are interesting. It makes me realise the is still hope for the ladies in this amoral world.

You know it's funny though how my tastes have changed from making the same mistakes over and over again I finally learned to stop banging my head against that brick wall. I  was very much like you CF I wanted the tall, dark, ethnic, and handsome bad boy who couldn't be tamed. It never worked no matter how hard I tried and the thing that always hurt the most was seeing them look at another girl on the street or in the club... I guess this is my biggest pet peeve now when I am out with a guy I want his eyes focused on me 110% and why don't I deserve that. Now I love the blonde haired blue eyed guy who loves kids, is smart, funny doesn't take things seriously, has strong morals and determination to be great in life... I dont ever want to have to worry about him when he is out with the guys you know... classy!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well llehsol, I went out for a while with a guy like that. He was a press photographer and his excuse was that he did a lot of stakeouts in his car and if it was trashed like that he could hide his cameras around. I didn't believe him though.

I hate cheaters, guys with tattoos. that is a real turn off, scruffy, dumb bigots, religious bigots in fact bigots per see.

Guys who

cuss too much

tan

are conceited

have bad breath

wear skinny jeans

are pot heads/or other users

don't have manners

don't dress properly

are aholes

are show offs

don't stand up for themselves

are man whores

lazy

weak physically

weak mentally

mamas boys

Originally Posted by Amber204 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know it's funny though how my tastes have changed from making the same mistakes over and over again I finally learned to stop banging my head against that brick wall. I  was very much like you CF I wanted the tall, dark, ethnic, and handsome bad boy who couldn't be tamed. It never worked no matter how hard I tried and the thing that always hurt the most was seeing them look at another girl on the street or in the club... I guess this is my biggest pet peeve now when I am out with a guy I want his eyes focused on me 110% and why don't I deserve that. Now I love the blonde haired blue eyed guy who loves kids, is smart, funny doesn't take things seriously, has strong morals and determination to be great in life... I dont ever want to have to worry about him when he is out with the guys you know... classy!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Omg, you are so funny, you totally described my current on/off boyfriend Vasilio.  He is tall, dark, ethnic (greek/puerto rican), handsome and a bad boy... HOWEVER, I'm tired of his shit.  Tired of waiting for him to turn into this alter ego he claims he wants to be, and that I've seen... and that guy is really great, he's a chef, a barber, loves football, loves to cuddle, etc.. but we wont be doing much of that now being that he is in state prison, it's really pathetic.  I am just like you, or the old you, I keep going for these bad boys, and I allowed them to drag me down for a very long time and in turn I was a "bad girl" (i know that sounded corny but i dont know how else to describe it without getting into personal details, lol).... I really want to change and I really would love to meet a nice guy who ALREADY has a job, his own place, a car..shit a LICENSE, has money in his pockets, etc etc... because every guy I meet and fall into a relationship with, doesn't have any of that, and always "wants" it and I'm trying to help them, etc.  I'm basically being used as their mother instead, and then they do what they want, and take me for granted and then are sorry for it later on.  All of my ex boyfriends still contact me to this day and a lot of us are "friends" on FB... and actually as friends, they are okay, but as boyfriends, horrible.  Right now I haven't talked to or visited my on/off in over 2 weeks and he's wrote 2 letters and he KNOWS I am not beat for him anymore because our last visit did not go well because he is fresh with his mouth and very much a narcissist and negative and ungrateful and it's like enough is enough.  I was sitting there thinking, what the F are you even doing here Kelly?  I drove home in silence and crying because I was so mad at myself for allowing myself to get sucked back into his bullshit and started being with him again because now that I'm doing well in life and have my stuff together, I'm realizing like how much we are different.... but at the same time I feel bad for him and I want to help him and now he tells me b/c of my life and how I've changed he is starting to believe there is a God and wants to know more about God (but that could also be a manipulation tactic with me, b/c I'm a Christian and we had many fights over spiritual beliefs)... so now I feel like should I turn my back on someone who wants to know the Lord?  Should I just be a living testimony and a friend to him?  But, right now I'm not doing anything because I said to myself when loving someone hurts me and I leave feeling empty, then something has to be looked into.  His last letter he said that he knows he was cold hearted to me and that I probably am not going to talk to him anymore and if I need to cut him out of my life in order to make positive changes for myself then he understands, but again, that is all part of his manipulation.. It's like I don't believe anything he says b/c so much has been lies and manipulation!

I'm

@perlanga ...LMAO at Tan...hahaha ...I have a (guy) friend who goes for a tan so often it aint funny...and we live in the Caribbean
icon_eek.gif

^^^^^LOl, if a guy tans, imo he cares too much about his looks, I want to be the girly high maintenence one in the relationship, I like rough hard working guys that are naturally handsome!

hmm my turn-offs would have to be

- when they wax their eyebrow thinner than mine lol

- when they disrespect my traditional salvadoran parents' values and call them old-fashioned because i didn't want to upset them (they're both in their early 50's and have some health issues) by being cooped up in a hotel overnight with you for "alone time" a month into the relationship. I'm worth the wait and no one disrespects my family.

- macho mentality. that BS i don't put up with and i let them know it lol

- if it's ok to be myself around him but not his friends and family

- if he can't open up to me and talk about things, all the details don't matter as long as i know what's going on in their head/heart because i'm always open.

- if he's looking for a Nurse or a Purse like a client of mine told me to avoid lol

- if he's serious all the time. life's too short not to spend some of it smiling

- i don't care if he and his buddies idolize Tucker Max when they're "being guys". just don't let me hear you talk like that. lol or else you'll hear how us girls talk about you and your buddies over martinis. DETAILS

- guys who smoke. anything. i'm asthmatic and pot makes everything smell horribly.

lol there's probably a few more but i'm too much of an optimist to dwell on them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow, there are so many things, but now it comes to my mind this... what about guys who wear white socks when they dress smart? I can't stand them! And also those guys who think they're sooo cool, it's as if they did you a favour in asking you out! I could just leave them there on their own and tell them "if you love yourself so much, why don't you go out with a mirror?"

Ha, my on/off again boyfriend will go tanning, take pictures of himself flexing with no shirt on, do his eyebrows, be completely maticulous with his facial hair...  i absolutely hate the flexing with no shirt on, especially when it is his main picture on facebook

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

sadno.gif
 OMG! Nooo! I hate that! Im thinking the same way as you are.  Not even an apology?! Really?!

FAIL!
plthumbsdown.gif

My turn off is arrogance and cockiness and a macho ego.  Alpha males are okay, but Im an Alpha too - so we tend to butt heads.  That's why I went and got me a wifey! LOL!  Yes, my S/O is a man, but I tell him all the time Im glad I found him and that he is my wife and I am his husband.  He takes care of the house, picks up the kids, and he does the cooking (sometimes)! He even does LAUNDRY!  OMG, did I tell you he's a mechanic too!  Faint. Im set for life ladies!
Hey sis, is that you? lol Your husband sounds like my brother in law, although he isn't mechanically inclined. He's a neat freak, so he does most of the housework and laundry and some of the cooking.

These can apply to both genders (anyone who displays these qualities will annoy me, but it's that much worse when it's a physically attractive or charismatic guy who is like this...) General stupidity. Not watching the news/keeping up on current events. A person who is completely apathetic to world/local affairs, but it is consumed with their looks/image/superficial crap, is not endearing. Atheists who do not know who Richard Dawkins is, or those who don't get my 'Vladimir Putin looks like Blond Bond' comments, are out on their rears. A mouth like a trucker. I don't mind the occasional expletive, but when every other phrase or comment begins or drops the f-bomb, I am annoyed. Facial hair. If I can be bothered to shower, style my hair and put on makeup, you can take the time to shave before. Whatever the occasion. (Barring extenuating circumstances.) Serial monogamists. I'll take the guy who hooked up with anything in a skirt before comitting, over the guy who had never been single between the ages of 14 or 15 and... whatever now is. Facebook/social network addicts. I understand BBs & iPhone makes it easy, but when I'm constantly getting Twitter updates from you on my Facebook feed, that's a problem. Religious. If you were baptised as a baby and never go to Church barring Christmas and Easter, fine. If you go every Sunday or whatever your Sabbath is, and can rattle off Bible verses, we're not compatible. An empty bookshelf. Oy vey... IMO, there should be a good mix - one that is just filled with classics suggests a poseur; one that is just one topic suggests OCD. A mix of modern, classic, science, social issues, pop culture, celebrity memoir/autobiography, and bonus if there are a couple in language(s) other than English makes me weak in the knees. Men with kids or who want a soccer team of kids. I do not like kids, and you'll be lucky to get me to agree to one or two. Anyone who dislikes animals. A fear of animals is one thing, being cruel is quite another. Male hair loss or worse, stupid hair styles. I understand hair loss is something most men can't control, but I am the product of my surroundings - my dad has gorgeous hair, and both G-Pa's died with full-heads of hair. There are enough men with nice hair, that I'm willing to hold out. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Another physical: men who are too skinny. I'll take the chubby guy with the soft tummy, over the one with the six-pack or an 130-pounder. This might be just a Canadian thing: anyone who bashes French-Canadians and their culture/language based on singular experiences. I have every intention of sending any potential children to Immersion, and if their father is anti-Quebecois based on something silly that happened one time just outside of Quebec City, I can't see that ending well... Gay bashing. Honestly, man-whoring before entering a relationship, smoking (barring habitual pot use; I actually find myself more attracted to smokers despite being a non-smoker myself over non-smokers), bad clothing, I can at least forgive and forget. TBH, I would prefer a man who had had a wild 'player' past and couldn't dress, over a metrosexual who wore a Purity Ring (granted, those are extremes) or a man who had continually been in serious relationships for the last 10 years. When it comes down to it, getting a reformed player to comitt to you seems like more of an accomplishment, or something, than just being Serious Girlfriend #12.

LOL! I thought I would be too proud to be with a man who could do housework - but let me tell you - I AM LOVING IT!  So, I want to give a HUGE shout out to all the Mr. Mom's and Neat Freaks of the world who make our days just that much better!

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey sis, is that you? lol Your husband sounds like my brother in law, although he isn't mechanically inclined. He's a neat freak, so he does most of the housework and laundry and some of the cooking.

Back