What is your bedtime routine for your face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by kaori;204129 

[color=green[/B]

*Third:[/color]read some fashion and beauty magazine,..love for ELLE and VOGUE:icon_love

" Good for me to have a pint of water before bed every night and first things in the morning, so i try to do that everyday.it get's easier once you get used to it & it must be good for the skin,."

And Last I get my mist spray put them on my pillow,..Prayer ,...and sleep soon,..
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Happy nice dream

Kaori

Ahhh...I love those bedtime routine Kaori! Whenever I meditate/pray before bed, I rest so much more soundly. I can't believe you are 30! I'm approaching 30; you give us hope!
laughing.gif

Not much has changed in mine, but I do have to add one important new element in my nightime routine - Clarisonic! The thing is amazing and I LOVE it!

- take off makeup and sunscreen with DHC Cleansing Oil (using this stuff now for almost 3 years and even got my mom hooked too)

- Use Purpose Cleanser with the Clarisonic on low setting (the cleanser recommended by my dermatologist and a drugstore brand - the Clarisonic - amazing!)

- Apply Prevage (idebenone-antioxidant)

- Wait 20 and apply Retin A micro .04% (probably makes the biggest difference in my skin. Now that I am older I use it under my eyes too)

- Lately I've been applying Atopalm facial moisturizer (doesn't break me out and is great for winter)

- Ethocyn Essence around the eyes, let it absorb, then vaseline (Ethocyn has an elastin building complex supposedly. Recommended by my dermatologist. Non-greasy, absorbs well)

- Take vitamins, turn on my small lamp that helps me sleep, apply lavender essentail oil where I'd apply perfume. Sometimes I use Badger Sleeping Balm on my temples and neck. The stuff WORKS!! It's crazy. You can get it at Whole Foods. Works better than sleep medication and is natural! Read...hit the hay!

But Clarisonic, Clarisonic, Clarisonic! Anyone love this thing too!?

wash face with aveeno clear complexion

exfoliate and tone with stridex pads for sensitive skin

moisturize with sundari neem and avocado

treat blemished areas with mama lotion (every other night)

more moisturizer over treatment areas

eat and apple to help keep system cleansed

bottle of aquafina 16.9oz w/hair, skin and nail supplement

100 situps to keep the tummy trim

36 squats to keep the cellulite off of my bum and thighs

read a couple chapters of some steamy romance novel

lights out!

1. If I have a zit I pop it with a needle and then rub alchohol on it with a q-tip.

2. In the shower I use Noxzema Triple Clean anti-bacterial cleanser ( it removes bacteria, makeup, and oil).

3. Use St. Ives abpricot scrub 5x a week to remove dead skin, or I use Mark Decongesting mask 2x a week.

4. I remove any left over eyemakeup with avon eye makeup remover lotion.

5. I use avon correct and fade peel pads.

6. I treat any acne with clearisil 10% bp or retin-a micro.

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif i was wondering about recommendations for nightime moisturizer (inexpensive), for oily skin i use the same moisturizer day and night.

i wash off all my makeup with pond's makeup remover. then i use my netrogena oil-free acne wash.

I remove all my makeup with Neutrogena eye makeup remover pads.

Then I wash my face with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash (as well as in the morning).

Then I use Clean and Clear cleaning astringent for blackheads.

Finally, I use Olay creamy face moisturizer.

Remove make-up with Pond's clean sweep wipes.
smile.gif

Rinse with warm water; cleanse with either Olay Definity Scrub or St. Ives Apricot Scrub (is it ok to use this stuff every day? It seems really gritty... love the definity scrub though)

Moisturize with Aveeno Positively Ageless Moisturizer (it's a bit oily though, wondering if I should change that too)

And then a spot treatment for the occasional blemish.
smile.gif

Take any eyemakeup off. Then Cleanse Tone and Moisturise with Liz Earle, once a week I'll exfoliate/use a mask after I cleanse.

Works for me! *touch wood*

I'm pretty minimal with my skincare, I don't want to overdo it in case I get an oily complexion.

I use baby wipes to remove all make up, then I use clean&clear facewash.

I use baby oil and cotton pads to remove eye make up, cleanse my face with Neutrogena's pore refining cleanser (or Nivea refreshing gel wash on sensitive skin days), organic green tea as my toner (I brew myself a cup or two daily and keep the tea bag in the fridge to tone my face with), Loreal eye defense for my eyes, and I moisturise the face with either Neostrata smoothing lotion (AHA 10) or Olay's total effects anti blemish anti aging moisturizer. I also get myself a milk mask (paste of organic milk powder and water) done at home once or twice a week before bedtime.

I cleanse with Balancing Cleansing Gel, then Alcohol Free toner, Elasticity Recovery Hydrogel, Optimeyes Eye Treatment and finally Time Corrector Nighttime Firming Moisture cream, all Jafra Dynamics Skincare products! I am 58 so keeping my skin looking as youthful and moisturized as I can is my goal. You can check out the products at

:: MyJafra ::

remove makeup with sweet almond oil+warm water on a cotton pad.

wash my face with my makeup remover from Uriage to remove any excess oil.

apply some essential oils on my pimples if needed.

apply eyecream.

i skip moisturizer, unless i have dry patches of skin.

twice a week : i will wash my face with alep soap and scrub.

once a week : add to that step a mask.

I take off all my makeup with Pampers sensitive baby wipes. They work just as well as the cloths that are marketed for makeup removal but a fraction of the price! $4 for a box of 70 wipes!! The Neutrogena kind I used to get were $11 for 25.

Then I was with Dove Cool Moisture foaming cleanser, Cool Moisture toner, and a Dove day lotion (forget the exact name) or my L'Oreal Sublime Glow daily tanning lotion (for medium skin tones... I'm actually fair but I like a bit more colour than the one for fair skin gives
wink.gif
)

Cleanse with Cetaphil Sensitive Skin face wash and follow up with eye gel and serum around my mouth and the forehead. Just started a new anti aging product line. Bought the whole package for $540....hope it works!!!!

"sigh" I am bad about skincare...If I am wearing makeup, I wash my face with a baby wipe and use Dove face lotion and apply a homemade lip treatment. If I am not wearing makeup, I get lazy and dont do anything. I have the Dove cleanser as well and sometimes use it with the Dove lotion. Then other times I use my Proactive. I definitely need to get on track and find some good products that I will stick with because my skin is horrible!

I just started a new skin care regime after being a die-hard Oil of Olay fan. Here's my daily skincare routine:

Morning:

Cleanse with philosophy purity cleanser (occasionally with sugar added)

Copper Peptide Serum

Emu Oil

then my MMU (when I wear makeup, that is)

I have two skin care regimens in the evening- I alternate one, one night, the other the next night. Here they are:

cleanse with philosophy purity cleanser

Eau Thermale Avene Ystheal+ Cream for around eyes

Eau Thermale Avene Innovation Eluage Retinaldehyde Cream- on face and neck

alternate night:

cleanse with philosophy purity cleanser

Lac-hydrin Five Moisturizing Lotion

Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream

And that's all
smile.gif

Warmly,

Brandi

aka beaglette

I use the OCM method to cleanse my face, followed by Clinique Turnaround serum, Olay Sensitive day face cream, and eye cream around the eyes (can be Arden Ceramide, or Bio-oil). This is topped all over by a light layer of vaseline on my face, and a thicker layer around the eyes.

On alternate nights I follow the OCM with Epidermx II, and the rest as above. I love my routine, but I think I need to get an antioxidant serum in there somewhere too!

i just wash my face with warm water and put on shiseido whitening night cream. thats all.

Back