What is your Bedtime Routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant get over @@Tiffy 's gif up there it's hilarious

At night I do showers because I have to, in the morning I have too much to do and I'm too tired to do it all half the time.

While waiting for the shower to get warm I brush my teeth, floss, and mouthwash! SOO important! I also whiten my teeth every month or so, it's a 5 minute-20 minute bleach process so I put the mouthgard and the whitening gel in my mouth while in the shower every month or so.

Then I put conditioner in my hair and let it sit while I put a cleanser on(I collect trial sizes and sample packets for acne, never found one I really adored so until I do it's always a different one) and also let it sit while I use a pumice stone on my feet, then shave all over. I use Olay shaving cream or a Aussie conditioning miracle mask right now, as well as tend skin gel on certain spots that get razor rash easy. My favorite shaving cream is EOS vanilla though, but I couldn't find it this time! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My razor is Gillette, a mans pro-glide series or something?

Anyway, I rinse my whole body off, as well as my face and hair (did I mention the conditioner I use is John Frida's go-blonder?) and put in my shampoo, which is also the same brand and same line. I let that sit as well while I wash my body and put my lip mask on. My lip mask is homemade, 10 drops of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of raw honey, 1 table spoon of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, and 6 almonds grinded in a cheese grinder (on the smallest grind) and put in a container. I scrub it around a few seconds then let it sit. For my shoulders, chest, and back, I use something with salicylic acid for acne. My acne is not terrible, but it's definitely not nonexistent either. Then I use a regular soap and luffa on the rest of my body really scrubbing to exfoliate my eczema and get that chicken skin to go away. 

After everything is rinsed I get out and towel dry my body, I take an old tee shirt and wrap my short bleach-blonde hair. (Tee shirts are a lot less absorbent and won't rough up the cuticle of your hair) and go to my room to finish off my beauty routine. I spray my shoulders, back, and chest with a mix of half body splash (currently mine is Bath and Body works Warm Brown Sugar or something of that sort) and half toner (Loreal's toner, not sure which. It's pink and supposed to be hydrating) I make sure it's even on these areas, the alcohol in the body splash isn't too harsh that it dries my sensitive skin out but it does take care of my acne. Then I apply body lotion or a Lush message bar all over my body, as well as stretch mark cream to the areas that need it. Under-eye cream, lip balm, and a face lotion all get applied as well as a light layer of nail-growth cuticle treatment. I wait for it to dry with light Pj's on before stretching out and spraying a light amount of leave in conditioner in my hair before heading to bed. 

1. remove my makeup with Neutrogena soap

2.  St. Ives Scrub (like 2 or 3 times a week)

3.  Ain't Misbehavin acne cleanser

4.  Olay complete moisturizer

5.  Nivea chapstick on my lips

I have no idea if this is the best routine for me or not.... or am I ruining my skin....?
St Ives scrub is way too abrasive for the face. It makes tiny tears all over the skin rather than gently buffing away dead skin cells. I'd use it as a hand and/or foot scrub!

Dayum @ you're disciplined!!

I remove my makeup with castor oil and sunflower seed oil, then apply a rose water/witch hazel toner, and then night cream.

I keep Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream, some chapstick, and a homeopathic "dream enhancing" detox spray (lol, wut?) in my nightstand, and sometimes I even make a cup of tea, if I'm feeling fancy... but the entire routine is subject to how lazy I am on a given night lol.

Dayum @ you're disciplined!!

I remove my makeup with castor oil and sunflower seed oil, then apply a rose water/witch hazel toner, and then night cream.

I keep Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream, some chapstick, and a homeopathic "dream enhancing" detox spray (lol, wut?) in my nightstand, and sometimes I even make a cup of tea, if I'm feeling fancy... but the entire routine is subject to how lazy I am on a given night lol.
I'm a makeup artist! Haha, it's actually a new routine, I change every season depending on how I feel my skin is doing. But I love everything beauty, my job and my hobby! Even though I'm young maintaining good skincare and haircare habits are important! That being said, it is no help on my water bill!

I will say this until I'm blue in the face. St Ives apricot scrub is way too abrasive for your face, you're doing more damage than good to your skin!

1. Brush my teeth

2. Wash my face twice

3. Apply toner

4. Apply moisturizer ( got a new hydrating spray in my BB so I've been trying that too)

5. Get into bed and glob on chapstick and lotion on my feet.

When I get botox I use Neutrogena grapefruit wipes to take off my make up and just moisturize since it hurts my neck to hold up my head for that long. ( I feel like a baby for 2 weeks)

I was going to say a glass of red wine lol

I'm still working on mine, but generally, remove any makeup with cleansing cloths and rinse my face, moisturize, apply chapstick, etc.

I was going to say a glass of red wine lol

I'm still working on mine, but generally, remove any makeup with cleansing cloths and rinse my face, moisturize, apply chapstick, etc.
I feel lazy when I use them, but they're just so damn handy! And fast!

1.Remove makeup with either Klorane makeup remover or  extra virgin  organic coconut oil.

2.Wash with Cetaphil cleanser.

3.Brush teeth.

**4.Apply Dr Jart's Ceramidin cream or lotion depending on how dry my skin is that day.

5.Take my night meds

6.Read Kindle until it falls on my face.

**Various additional  products from Paula's Choice as needed or as remembered

Oh the cleansing cloths?  I love them!  I even got some that are infused with aloe, cucumber, and green tea lol
I have the nutrogena grapefruit ones. My husband always complains of the smell though since its strong.

I have dry skin. I cleanse, tone, and use night cream every night and use mask 2-3 times a week. Recently I bought Lancome lotion and night cream from Cosmego and find them surprisingly moisturized!!

Last edited by a moderator:
From years, I am using organic raw coconut oil to remove mascara and eye make-up. Then I gently wash my face with mild cleanser and put on daily moisturizer.

Before going to bed I like to remove my makeup by washing my cloth by a mild facewash. After washing face I like to apply any night cream of quality product or like to apply moisturizer to hydrate my skin and at last I drink one glass of water to keep fresh my skin. 

Now days I am using turmeric every night. I mix it with curd and mix some honey too. I use it as face mask and remove after 20 minutes. 

It help me to have soft and glowing skin.

Current skincare routine is generally this.

1 remove makeup with oil cleanser

2 facial cleanser

3 (sometimes a mask, scrub, peel, physical exfoliator/sponge)

4 BHA liquid

5 (sometimes antioxident serum or retinoid moisturizer or retinoid treatment)

6 (sometimes other moisturizer or night cream)

7 gobs of lip balm

I remove my makeup with baby oil or coconut oil, works like a charm. Lately I've been using a gentle cleanser - Neutrogena, using a Kiehl's toner, if I have blemishes I use tea tree oil, then I use a night oil! I also use One Love Organics eye cream to eliminate bags. In the morning my skin looks soft and regenerated.

Learned so much, especially the application of products and what not :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back