What is your Bedtime Routine?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Use a makeup remover cloth to remove my makeup. Just cleansing does not remove all of my makeup, and I hate going to bed feeling like I didn't get it all out of my skin!

2. Use the Mary Kay Cleansing brush and Paula's Choice Clear Acne Cleanser (LOVE LOVE LOVE!)

3. Moisturize with Nivea Soft 

4. Use Mary Kay Timewise Eye Cream

5. Get into my PJ's

6. Turn the lights off and surf through every single social media app on my phone until I run out of new content lol

No makeup: Wash face (I have a water filter) + Argan oil + Facial massage (lately focused on drainage)

Makeup: Remove makeup with olive oil or gentle remover + Above

My face skin is like the skin on my belly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Ps, I am 51..

This one part makes my skin look better alone in just one night....

In this order...

Wash face and dry

Apply Obage Vit C serum first

Apply Tretinoin gel 0.01%

But I also add this many nights:

apply Hyaluronic acid next

apply face cream or night mask cream

Oh this is for more than just your face.  Well, ditto for my upper chest and some hand cream and some long lasting lip balm.

Last edited by a moderator:
My face skin is like the skin on my belly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Ps, I am 51..

This one part makes my skin look better alone in just one night....

In this order...

Wash face and dry

Apply Obage Vit C serum first

Apply Tretinoin gel 0.01%

But I also add this many nights:

apply Hyaluronic acid next

apply face cream or night mask cream

Oh this is for more than just your face.  Well, ditto for my upper chest and some hand cream and some long lasting lip balm.
Nice to meet you Candes.   I am 60+ and follow a very simple routine. 

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3. Moisturizing day cream (which has an SPF-15 rating, and contains Hyaluronic Acid & Shea Butter)

and at night

1. Cleanser

2. Toner

3. Intense night repair cream with advanced Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen & Shea Butter.

and because I am lazy I purchased my products from MonsiaSkincare.com

My skin is tight and I have just a few lines around the eyes, I do not wear any foundation or powder at all and my daughter thinks I have better skin than she does.

Ooooh the night time is the right time... =) I am a clean freak so a shower is usually a must for me, cleanse my face with unfortunately at the moment is a combo of oatmeal and honey. Exfoliates and cleanses at the same time but cumbersome to make at times.

And then i apply my night cream, when we rest is when our skin does its regenerating so i'm very conscious about what i let sit on my face for 8 or 9 hours....

1. Remove Make Up – Neutrogena Make Up Remover Cleansing Cloths (currently)
  2. Cleanse – Bioderma (always)
  3. Brush Teeth
  4. Tone – Caudalie Beauty Elixir (currently)
  5. Serum – First Aid Beauty Anti-Redness Serum (currently)
  6. Moisturize – Josie Maran Argan Oil or Tarte Maracuja Oil (currently)
  7. Eye Cream – Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment (currently)
  8. Lip Balm – Nivea Lip Butter (currently)
  9. Hand Cream – Eucerin Intensive Hand Crème (currently)
I switch up products every 2 weeks or so (some products I use continuously until they're gone) Twice a week I use a face mask depending on how my skin is feeling in addition to my skin care routine 

I start with cleasing foam to wash my face, then I get toner to balance the pH in my skin and take some tea gel to moisturize and cream finally! 

Currently, it's all about oils :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For face:

Wash face

Apply rose water

Apply azaleic acid

Apple rosehip seed oil and carrot seed oil

For hair:

Apply rosemary oil, nettle oil, and castor oil to roots

Briefly massage for 30 seconds

For body:

Apply self-made body butter of coconut oil and cocoa butter (smells sooooo good)

Whole thing takes, like, 10 minutes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As a professional beauty advisor, this is the routine I recommend my clients practice:

Day time:

Cleanser – Toner- Lotions - Eye Regions - Essence /Serum- Emulsion/Gel - Cream - Cover Up -  UV Protection - BB Cream - Foundation

Night time:

Make Up Remover - Cleanser - Wash - Essence/Serum - Emulsion - Cream

[combination skin/ 26/ mainly concerned with uneven skin tone] 

I put a lot of emphasis on cleansing, because I think it's the most essential step for maintaining great skin. 

Luckily, I stopped breaking out after the teen years, but i'm still very concerned about preventing trouble/ breakouts- hence heavy emphasis on cleansing, not putting on much makeup on my skin.

And these days I'm converting to and starting to change all my skincare products to natural products. Since I feel more and more iffy about putting on chemical packed products on my face everyday.  

1. Powder cleanser (Dr.Oracle): this is my recent discovery. Since I have combination skin, I need something that does thorough cleansing (and exfoliation/ peel 3 times a week), but also that doesn't make my skin feel tight afterwards. This one can be used as an exfoliator if I adjust the amount of water, so this is perfect for me. 

2. Rose mist toner (Fresh): I first wipe my face with the toner on a cotton pad to clear any residue that might be left on skin. Then I spray the toner on my face as a mist to get that instant hydration.

3. Essence (SK-II): this essence is their star product with multiple benefits. Not sure if I see improvement on all that but I've been using SK-II for years now. Although I'm gradually switching most of my basic skincare with others to mix-and-match, I just kept this one in. 

4. Rose Anti-blemish Serm (ISOI): This one is for dark spots on my face (acne scars, freckles, etc.) It's goes on really smoothly and cleanly on my face (I don't like heavyweight/ sticky feel on my face with any products). 

And I think I do see those dark spots lightening up on my face.

5. Tea Tree 80 Cream (Lee Ji Ham): I recently switched to this one from Clinique moisture surge, to have something more natural and with brightening effect. It's so lightweight and my skin feels really hydrated and soothed. I love the tea tree smell. 

*For Special care:

- Peony Brightening Mask (Fresh): also a new addition, but so far I love it. It's a sleeping mask, so I put it on as my last step, like twice a week. Love the flowery smell, and my skin looks brightened up in the morning.

- Tea tree 90 Essence (Lee Ji Ham): for those concerned with those big, red breakouts/ acne. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this one. I sometimes get those hormonal/ stress-related breakouts on my chin. And when I put on this essence on those red, irritated breakouts, the redness fades dramatically the next day. The size of the pimple also reduces. It really treats and soothes those breakouts within a week for me. 

day time / Dr.Oracle powder cleanser   : in morning I like to lightly cleansing. dr.oracle is korea                                                                  brand. 

powder cleanser no add formula in phenoxyethanol,                                                                     talk, animal ingredients, etc,

biotherm toner - wet a cotton pad, and wipe skin to clean.

bobbi brown hydrating eye cream - cover to around dry eye. not heavy texture and                                                                          not light. 

middle mosit texture maybe? 

tea tree 80 cream (leejiham) - light weight , grips the makeup very well.

at night time / whamisa organic flowers cleansing oil - remove face,eye,lip make up, rolling face                                                                                      like massage.

Dr.oracle powder cleanser - double cleansing important to me.

it's completely removes residue on the skin. 

biotherm toner - wet a cotton pad, remove skin. I think last cleanser.

leejiham vita propolis ampoule - like honey texture, it feels like applying nutrition on                                                                      the entire face.

tea tree 80 cream (leejiham) - light weight 

bobbi brown hydrating eye cream 

and deep sleep zzzz

On shower nights, I take a complete shower before I go to bed, wash hair, full on facial cleanse (clairisonic and biore charcoal cleanser), conditioner, shaving, etc.Then I moisturize my face, brush my teeth, and then apply lotion to my body. 

On non-shower nights it goes:

- Take Off Eye Makeup (currently using the Body Shop's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover or the E.L.F eye makeup removing pads)

- Wash face with Julep Bare Faced Cleansing Oil (very gentle, but very effective)

- Brush Teeth

- Moisturize (whatever sample I have on hand, currently favoring Clinique's Moisture Surge)

- Lip Balm (Lypsyl)

- Optional (as needed) cuticle oil, Proactiv Refining mask for my zits, hand cream, body lotion

I am looking for a good eye cream though so if anyone has recs that would be great. 

Nivea face wash both in the mornings and at night every other day. I also use tru visage occasionally (read the tru visage & pur essance review here) and couldn't be happier with the results. 

Moisturizers and anti aging creams are my go to source. I also use vaseline occasionally during "dry skin seasons" (winters)

brush teeth then wash face with daily cleanser, follow by toner, moisturiser, cream. Of course if makeup, remember to remove the makeup before any daily skincare routine.

Cheers. 

Usually I brush my teeth first, that way I can do all of my skincare at once. I treat my skin as I see it, since I believe that your skin is always changing, so my routine is a little flexible.

1) Use waterproof eye makeup remover if I'm wearing waterproof eyeliner/mascara. Right now I'm using the generic CVS version of the Neutrogena one. 

2) Wash face with Philosophy Purity and Clarisonic Mia 2 (which gets rid of any other makeup if I'm wearing any). The Philosphy is a 3-in-1 product that removes makeup, cleanses, and tones, so I don't have to use a separate toner, which is nice. Lately I've been alternating every other day with a washcloth instead, so I don't go too rough on my skin. 

3) Eye cream. Whatever I have on hand, I'm not picky. Right now it's a sample of Caudalie's Permier Cru. 

4) BHA exfoliant or serum. (it depends how my skin is feeling). My favorite BHA is Paula's Choice's 2% BHA Liquid and right now the serum I'm using is from my Modere box. 

5) Night cream. The one I'm using right now actually has AHAs so I've been skipping the BHA exfoliant until I use it up. If I'm feeling particularly dry (like right now, being winter and all) I'll add a drop or two of Josie Maran's Argan Oil into the mix. 

If I'm going to bed right after, I'll apply some lip balm (right now it's Egyptian Magic),  Desitin to the corners of my mouth (I know it's weird, but my dermatologist recommended it because my lips kept cracking!), hand cream (right now it's Perlier's White Almond Body Butter), and if I'm not rubbing hand cream into my cuticles, then I'll use the Egyptian Magic for that, too. 

I love having a nighttime routine. It's very therapeutic. 

On a good night lmaoooo:
-remove eye makeup if wearing any 

-cleanse skin

-cleanse again (my cleanser is gentle so I don't feel bad)

-night cream

-sleep zzz 

Most nights lmaoo: 

pass out face down as soon as I hit the bed, no cleansing, no makeup removing. 

IT's terrible, I know, but It's so hard for me to get into the habit. Especially since I'm usually working night shifts now and I'm just exhausted when I get home

but

NO EXCUSES !

Back