What is your current favorite concealer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prescriptives Flawless Skin Concealor in Level 1 Cool -- because it's the only one I've found that actually matches my skin! lol

For some reason, the Flawless Skin concealors are lighter than the Flawless Skin foundations, otherwise I would be wearing the matching foundation too! But the lightest foundation is too dark for me!

Originally Posted by girl_geek Prescriptives Flawless Skin Concealor in Level 1 Cool -- because it's the only one I've found that actually matches my skin! lol
For some reason, the Flawless Skin concealors are lighter than the Flawless Skin foundations, otherwise I would be wearing the matching foundation too! But the lightest foundation is too dark for me!

Maybe because it's said to when choosing a concealer to go for one 1 or 2 tones lighter than your skin? So the lightest concealer for their palest foundation would have to be even lighter, almost pure white.

Originally Posted by lia_matos Maybe because it's said to when choosing a concealer to go for one 1 or 2 tones lighter than your skin? So the lightest concealer for their palest foundation would have to be even lighter, almost pure white. Well, I've heard that sometimes, but usually I hear that a lighter concealor if used under your eyes will make your dark circles stand out MORE, because it is such an unnatural pale color. I doubt it work well on blemishes, either. I have always had the best luck with concealors that match my skin, because you can blend them in and not even see them! And I was amazed that this concealor matched my skin so well -- I've always used yellow-undertoned products, I never knew I had pink undertones until I tried Prescriptives mu, but this pink concealor matches amazingly well!
biggrin.gif
(And I have tried some yellow concealors that were a little too light for me and they always made my undereye circles look weird -- I don't know if it's because it was too light or too yellow though!)
And if you look at the picture of the concealor in my notepad, I don't think it looks white at all! The pink undertones make it look peach, I think!

Originally Posted by girl_geek Well, I've heard that sometimes, but usually I hear that a lighter concealor if used under your eyes will make your dark circles stand out MORE, because it is such an unnatural pale color. I doubt it work well on blemishes, either. I have always had the best luck with concealors that match my skin, because you can blend them in and not even see them! And I was amazed that this concealor matched my skin so well -- I've always used yellow-undertoned products, I never knew I had pink undertones until I tried Prescriptives mu, but this pink concealor matches amazingly well!
biggrin.gif
(And I have tried some yellow concealors that were a little too light for me and they always made my undereye circles look weird -- I don't know if it's because it was too light or too yellow though!)
And if you look at the picture of the concealor in my notepad, I don't think it looks white at all! The pink undertones make it look peach, I think!

Hmm... I see, but what i meant is the "brand thought" behind the concealer color (not that it would work or not
smile.gif
)

I don't have a HG concealer. I am on the search for one though. I have been using Almay's skin clearing concealer, but I'm not liking it that much anymore.

I'm still searching...i'm looking for a concealer that will cover dark circles and not settle so much in the fine lines around my eyes...

Originally Posted by Midgard Lancome Efacernes covers my very dark circles perfect! I've heard good things about it so I'm quite keen to try it. I've yet to check it out at the counters but I'll do that when I have some time. I'm now using Stila Perfecting Concealer now..Its not HG but it works well.

MAC's Moisturecover concealer but I am looking for something that will give me more coverage for break outs.

EDM works wonders on my blemishes. I'm still lookin' for an HG undereye circle concealer .. i have BB creamy concealer and corrector right now .. and i like it .. but i have to apply it in 2 steps and i'm a lazi person

Right now I use Bobbi Brown's concealer...but I want to try Cle de Peau concealer....$$$$$$.

But I have to save up for that baby.

Wow, it looks like there are a lot of different brands and such being used. I was *miraculously* hoping there were only a few different kinds being used so I didn't have to use my brain to find something else out there.
smile.gif

i just recently tried edm concealer and i love it! but i'll get back to you in a week and see if i still feel this way about it!

it used to be prescriptives, infact right up until sunday of this week. while in cvs i picked up posner cover creme corrector. this stuff is amazing and matches my skintone perfectly. i was looking for something to wear instead of my liquid foundation because i'm been sweating like crazy and my foundation wasn't holding up. i use the cover creme to mask problem spots and then set with my fav physician's formula bronzer. i love the result and may not go back to a liquid. it comes in 5 shades and should work for most women of color. it has an spf, is oil free, and only cost me $8.50! i spend almost 10 times that for my custom blend foundation! i think i may be in love!

hide the blemish from rimmel i also use it as a base for the e/s coz it bring up the real color of it

Back