What is your fave face Mask??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would depend on whether you are the sister that always borrows or always lends... I'm the lend sister and my sister is the borrow sister :icon_eek:
Lol! I don't have any sisters, but my friends are always more than happy to dig through my stash. I swap products with one of my friend's mamas.. she's a bit more knowledgeable and has a nice stash to rival mine. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That would depend on whether you are the sister that always borrows or always lends...

I'm the lend sister and my sister is the borrow sister 
icon_eek.gif
I am usually the lending one. She isn't much of a makeup user but she occasionally has skincare items I don't since I don't try a lot of new stuff because I end up not being able to use most of it. I just get tired of shelling out pointless money.

Originally Posted by Thecakepie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone here tried any of the masks sold by asian beauty companies? I personally love the Baviphat Apple AC Therapy Sleeping Pack.
I LOVE that sleeping pack!

I also love the Mario Badescu masks. My absolute favorite is the Healing and Soothing Mask.

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE that sleeping pack!

I also love the Mario Badescu masks. My absolute favorite is the Healing and Soothing Mask.
I've heard so much about the Mario Badescu masks I have to try them. Maybe I should start with the one you recommend, I love things that balance my skin out.

I want to try the other baviphat packs (mango and peach waterfall) as well because the apple pack is so good.

Are you into other asian beauty like My Beauty Diary? (My fav sheet mask of these right now is the Aloe)

Originally Posted by Thecakepie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've heard so much about the Mario Badescu masks I have to try them. Maybe I should start with the one you recommend, I love things that balance my skin out.

I want to try the other baviphat packs (mango and peach waterfall) as well because the apple pack is so good.

Are you into other asian beauty like My Beauty Diary? (My fav sheet mask of these right now is the Aloe)
I've tried out the Baviphat Paprika Water Up All in One Sleeping Pack which is very moisturizing and the Lemon Whitening Sleeping Pack (I didn't find that it evened out my skin tone but it did smell great and left my skin feeling soft), but the Apple one will always be my favorite. As soon as I know I'm going to run out, I order another! The packages are soooo cute too!

My mom is from South Korea so I have a lot of family (cousins) that love introducing me to Korean brands. I don't even know where to start with sleeping packs and masks! I've dabbled with sheet masks by Skin Food, Skin79, Etude House, Missha, Baviphat, etc but always end up going back to sleeping packs. It's just very convenient and super nice being able to put it on before bed and wake up to beautiful skin! Lioele, Innisfree, Skin Food, and Missha have some great quality sleeping packs. I highly recommend trying the Lioele Waterdrop Sleeping Pack!

I've actually never tried My Beauty Diary but will look into their sheet masks. I remember someone on these boards mentioning that they are available at Walmart so I'll grab some next time I'm there!

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried out the Baviphat Paprika Water Up All in One Sleeping Pack which is very moisturizing and the Lemon Whitening Sleeping Pack (I didn't find that it evened out my skin tone but it did smell great and left my skin feeling soft), but the Apple one will always be my favorite. As soon as I know I'm going to run out, I order another! The packages are soooo cute too!

My mom is from South Korea so I have a lot of family (cousins) that love introducing me to Korean brands. I don't even know where to start with sleeping packs and masks! I've dabbled with sheet masks by Skin Food, Skin79, Etude House, Missha, Baviphat, etc but always end up going back to sleeping packs. It's just very convenient and super nice being able to put it on before bed and wake up to beautiful skin! Lioele, Innisfree, Skin Food, and Missha have some great quality sleeping packs. I highly recommend trying the Lioele Waterdrop Sleeping Pack!

I've actually never tried My Beauty Diary but will look into their sheet masks. I remember someone on these boards mentioning that they are available at Walmart so I'll grab some next time I'm there!
You sound like my beauty twin :) I love sleeping packs for the same reason, though I also enjoy the relaxing and moisturizing sheet masks too. I'd recommend the Aloe masks from MBD (great moisture!), and I had heard you could pick them up at walmart.com but no idea if they're in any of the stores, it'd be so cool if you could find them there, amirite? My state only has like 4 wal-marts and most of them are not full stores (no grocery for example) so I doubt our store has them (thesads).

Thanks for the recommendation on the Lioele Waterdrop Sleeping Pack, it's been on my Amazon wishlist for a while and I love Lioele products generally so it's good to know you like them also. When I try it I'll let you know what I think ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For homemade masks, try kaolin clay (it's white), it's more gentle than green clay.

If you want to fork out some money on a good mask for oily or acne skin, Decleor has a very nice one with plants and green clay called "aroma pureté". I used to buy it as a "pamper myself" treat.

I did try some asian products, the 8 cups of water by Catena is fantastic, alas i couldn't find it again on Sasa, but i've never found a mask as rehydrating as this one is, and with just enough product on the mask.

One i also like to even out skintone is from Shiseido, in the Aqualabel line. Again though, sasa isn't as reliable on stocked items as i wish it was, that and the shipping cost made me look for something else and somewhere closer. I'm still in that research process right now.

I wouldn't suggest Laneige waterbank, the product is good in many aspects but the texture is just jelly, and doesn't agree well with other face products (plush alert).

I love mashing a slice of banana, a drizzle of honey and a splash of lemon juice together. Makes my skin super soft and smells so good!

My favorite home made face mask is an oatmeal, papaya and lemon combination. The oatmeal helps calm my skin, while the papaya and lemon juice exfoliate. Right now, in my fridge, I have Lush's Ayesha face mask. It's clay based with asparagus, witch hazel and other natural ingredients. It really tightens my face (I attribute that to the clay, of course) but it's pretty lame otherwise.

I like the Steep Clean by Bliss. It's nice! It doesn't sting or anything, and it makes my skin look GOOD. 

Hi!
smilehappyyes.gif

I make a lemon and yogurt mask; it is great for my combination skin and is a great home remedy for acne scars and other skin inflammation I sometimes add honey ( leaves my skin super soft!).

Be sure to use regular yogurt and avoid the fat-free or low-fat varieties. Apply the yogurt to your skin. Leave the mask on for at least 20 minutes.

I have two favorite masks - The Dream Products Fruit Mousse Mask and once in awhile I will make a mask of milk and crushed aspirins and clay.

I'm always on the search for better skincare tips but for years I have been using the baking soda + aspirin mask and the whipped egg whites mask 

That is a really good one - I have tried it too and sometimes do different versions of it for the different seasons.

For a great masque for your type of skin would be the ff:

HONEY (5TBSs) mixed with a  squeeze of lemon. (1/4 lemon)

or 

Kaoilin powder 2TBS  mixed with magnesium carbonate and 3TBS and  approx 4TBSwitch hazel

mix well apply all over the face.

wash well then tone and moisturize

or to even out ur skin Tone 

1 eggwhite mix with a squeeze of  1/4 lemon

mix well and apply all over the face leave on for 20mins

wash well in lukewarm water, using a facial sponge...Tone and moisturize....

NOte: can save the rest on the ref for a another day or two.

claps.gif
 there try...always MARLYN KRAGH

Absolutely obsessed with the Shu Uemura white recovery ex+ mask. Not sure if they do it anymore - cause I can only see masks for their depsea and red:juvenus line. 

Anyways, great product - cooling, refreshing, and leaves your skin feeling like it doesn't need a good scrub for a good week or so! I bought the 10 pack one I think (?) and it was a bit pricey but I really liked it. Haven't gone for a facial since using it! 

Back