What Kind Of Makeup Buyer Are You?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I research and decide on what I want before going into the stores. I don't like purchasing from most counters, only the ones that know me very well. They won't be as pushy towards me.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif If I let my experiences with salespeople dictate what brands I would or would not buy, I'd probably end up buying all drugstore brands, as I have had some bizarre and frustrating experiences with department salespeople. lol!
bit like this? lol

Originally Posted by Ozee /img/forum/go_quote.gif TkbtWGQP1Ngbit like this? lol

Exactly! lol!
lol.gif

First of all I'm pretty much drugstore only. At that I am a sale person only. I'll wait till aproduct goes on sale to buy it, and I usually buy with coupons of some sort.

I also have to do research on it and make sure there are no bad reviews.

I only splurge if it is a must have and I can't get a deal or it can't be duped, like Mac's Lychee Luxe.

Well if I like the color and the price then i will buy it. I mostly wait for sales.. and ads and reviews =)

the sales person also influence me, but i try not to let them XD

i'm a sucker for signs that say "buy two products get a free bag..." argh everytime they get me... last christmas it was"buy a fragrance and makeup item and get big makeup box full of makeup for 50 quid!" ended up spendin a fortune at both lancome and elizabeth arden to get the "discounted to 50quid" makeup boxes :|

I wait for a good sale, but a salesperson can definately make or break the deal! I like a bit of help if I ask but I hate pushy salespeople.

I like to research swatches and go and see an item for myself before buying something. SA's hardly influence me unless they do a visual with swatches.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif What convinces you to buy a product: brand, sales person, sales like bogo's or gwp's? Or do you wait it out until you hear more about it or maybe for it to go on sale? How do you specifically shop for makeup? I always plan purchases and then wait until there is som offer or on sale. I have a nose for deals and always befriends people in posisitons so I always knows when the sales comes.

I usually test stuff out on my hand Im a Tester lol I never go by AReviews Since sometimes Ppl will say A product is horrible & it turns out the only reason they said it was horrible is cuz they dont know how to use it! Example, Ive seen a post About A girl saying airbrush makeup looks dirty lol & that happens when someone doesnt know how to spray properly . I also never ever go by the sales person since They only care about commision and making a sale!!

I usually test things out & if i cant I just get it if i like it great ill buy more if i dont like it owell I just wont get it again!!

Oh God, I'm so impulsive when it comes to makeup. That's why it's safer for me to shop online. I research everyhing online before I make a purchase. I want to know what others think, and then I decide. However, when I'm in a store it's pure impulse. I've wasted A LOT of money that way. Not fun!

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif What convinces you to buy a product: brand, sales person, sales like bogo's or gwp's? Or do you wait it out until you hear more about it or maybe for it to go on sale? How do you specifically shop for makeup? I get the ideas from the YOUTUBE makeup guru's..I always heard about UD and how great their shadows are..so I went and ordered this palette..It does live up to the hype as they say on youtube....so I go by the makeup gurus on that channel..

gwp draw me to buy something. If I am buying a at a drugstore, I look at the tester and usually end up walking around with the merchandise for awhile before deciding if I really want it or not. If I'm at a department store I ask to try the product on and then look at myself in different lighting.

Originally Posted by sooner_chick /img/forum/go_quote.gif A sale that says,"Buy 1,Get One Free." That,and a handfull of makeup coupons. wish I did have the handful of coupons...I have to have the money first to have the coupons..lol...but those bogo's are great..Wish the Department stores had that BOGO..

I basically just buy makeup based on whatever I need or want, nothing too specific, haha.

Ouch those are some pretty bad experiences. When I buy I usually go online and research what I want and then I go to the store and get it. I also read reviews on the product as well. I went to Sephora yesterday knowing that I was going to get Urban Decay Hard Rock liner. I also look around for ideas of what else I might want but I am not going to get everything in one trip because I like to give myself little things all week long.

P.S I got the liner in stagedive but I haven't tried it yet to give a review.

I usually either wait for it to go on sale or the brand. Generally the sales person doesn't really affect my choice, they're usually nice anyways. Sometimes they treat me like I'm lower than them but it doesn't change my mind. I like to have a wide range of colors since I don't have that much makeup.

Back