What Kind Of Makeup Buyer Are You?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually see it online, read reviews, look up swatches, and sometimes swatch myself in store. I usually buy online though so I can get the samples I want and any freebies they're doing.

I always read reviews online before I purchase online or in a store. Nowadays you can get reviews for almost anything out there which makes it helpful in knowing if the product is for me. I also ask friends and family as well to get a more personal opinion.

I read and watch reviews and tutorials about the product. I pay close attention to reviews from people with a similiar skin type and shade. Plus the ingredients play a big part in my decision.

I have a ginormo makeup collection, and I pretty much buy anything that I can get good deals on, because I love trying new things. And yes, I actually do use up quite a bit of my makeup. But, I don't buy anything in particular, just what I can get good deals on and things I want to try. That and LE stuff, I buy a lot of that:)

Mostly I go on reviews and occasionally if I am looking for something very specific I will ask a salesperson for help. Unfortunately I always seem to end up asking for things they cannot find or do not have. Very often I will check reviews on my phone as I am shopping. I am also more likely to buy things that are on sale, particularly if they normally quite pricey. The LORAC eye shadow collection I just bought is a good example.

I'm quite an impuslve buyer too. I swatch and if I like the color, I buy. I like to be left alone when I'm swatching, I'll only call for help when I really need help coz I dun wanna waste the SA or BA's time if u noe what i mean. And besides, I feel uncomfortable with someone hovering next to me all the time when i'm deciding what I want. Eh basically in general, I'm a no service kinda person. But when I ask for help, it's usually to ask for opinion when i cannot make up my mind.

I don't really read reviews that often as most of the time, the people are of different skintone or race, and the product may or may not turn out exactly what i wan. So i still prefer to go down to the counter myself and play with the products there.

I'm impulsive about purchasing makeup, especially when it comes to products I haven't found my 'holy grail' for--I have so many random mascaras that I never use (I end up giving them to my sister, who wears like 5 coats a day). though, I always read reviews before buying anything.

I have to research everything because of my skin sensitivities. The only thing I can impulse buy is lipstick. Very few lipsticks have caused reactions on me. Needless to say, I have a lot of lipstick haha

Definitely reviews online! You can't just trust the press releases. And Youtube videos are a great help. Plus friends (both in real life and on the internet) and, of course, makeup forums.

Going to the counter is hit or miss I find. It's a real sting when the sales people just aren't in the mood to serve you and do the back-turning thing when you need some customer service. But, then again, you meet some amazing customer service people too - I always check their makeup first before taking any advice from them! It's easy to tell if they know what they are doing...

I usually buy my products online off of Sephora, so I guess I would say I'm a reviews buyer because I usually buyit based on what is said in the reviews! So...I guess customer imput is a big one

I am definitely a "word-of-mouth" buyer, and only from Pro/Union MUA's recommendations. Then I go out and purchase it where ever I can find it, either on-line or in town. The "Try before you buy" thing is awesome for me, because we see it first-hand being done in the make-up trailer.

I like reading reviews on You tube when I hear about things. But also very random and see things I want to try and buy it. I have so much stuff I never use from impulse shopping lol

I'm influenced by online sales but it's more impulsive than purchasing things that I need a for a good collection. I still check out youtube gurus for inspiration but I've come across a lot of "my makeup collection" videos that were the edge of obscene and yet they say my collection is small. These gurus are NOT professional makeup artist nor freelance. So I get this idea in my mind, my collection isn't big at all. Which it is, I have dupes of eyeshadows and blushes. As of late, I have to save for an up coming wedding, honeymoon and downpayment for a house, so my makeup buyer status is null for now.

I like to read reviews on products before I buy them. If I"m at the store and see something I think I might like I'll take a minute to search some reviews on my phone. Sales are always a plus too.

I'm influenced by online sales but it's more impulsive than purchasing things that I need a for a good collection. I still check out youtube gurus for inspiration but I've come across a lot of "my makeup collection" videos that were the edge of obscene and yet they say my collection is small. These gurus are NOT professional makeup artist nor freelance. So I get this idea in my mind, my collection isn't big at all. Which it is, I have dupes of eyeshadows and blushes. As of late, I have to save for an up coming wedding, honeymoon and downpayment for a house, so my makeup buyer status is null for now.
Nyx is a good dupe for MAC. It is not as long lasting but it is decent for the price and you can almost always find deals online. Especially on eBay.

Back