What make-up brands does your mom use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom is no longer with us and was not a make-up wearer at all,

but she had one lipstick that she had since the 70's because she used it so infrequently. It was Revlon Rum Raisin.

My mom wears a mix of drugstore makeup for her mascara, eyebrow pencil, foundation and blush. Sometimes Avon. My sister and I constantly give her stuff from our subs or stuff we don't like but she never ends up trying any of it.

Mostly Revlon and L'Oreal. I remember her using Mary Kay for awhile when I was younger, but I think she bought it because she had a friend that sold it.

My mom's gone now but she wore minimal makeup (foundation, pressed powder, rouge & lipstick). She had 1 of each item and I think it was mostly (or all) revlon.

Quote: Originally Posted by azalea97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My mom's gone now but she wore minimal makeup (foundation, pressed powder, rouge & lipstick). She had 1 of each item and I think it was mostly (or all) revlon.
Your mother sounds like my hero lol I could never have just 1 of each item, though I often daydream of the minimalistic lifestyle. I like color too much, though. 

Quote: Originally Posted by jaylilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Your mother sounds like my hero lol I could never have just 1 of each item, though I often daydream of the minimalistic lifestyle. I like color too much, though. 

Quote: Originally Posted by azalea97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. Totally my mom too! 1 of each item. I think *once* she bought an extra moisturizer because there was some GWP with Raspberry Glace AND her usual eyeliner in it so she got swindled into buying a replacement moisturizer early. She hated that she had two and just handed the almost-empty one off to me. I'm pretty sure that was the extent of my mom's make up stockpiling lol.

I know it makes everything so much simpler! She used to just replace things when she used them up. If she was going to a wedding or something fancy she would buy a drugstore eyeshadow single to match her dress & get 1 bottle of nail polish to do her nails just for that occasion. Up until about a year and a half ago my stash was pretty minimal too. I had more than she did but everything fit into my little avon train case....then came my makeup obsession! Lol

My mom uses Clinique! All of it and loves it. She has the fairest, whitest skin I have ever seen and is very sensitive to some products but Clinique seems to work on her well! Now me on the other hand, I have light olive tone skin from my Ukrainian heritage. I guess the gene bypassed my mother! : )

My mom and I share our love of makeup so, like me, she loves trying different brands.  Some of the brands she's been using lately are Too Faced, Benefit, Stila and Lorac.

My mom doesn't wear makeup on a daily basis. Wish I had her high cheekbones and slim face! For special occasions, she will use Shiseido for her brows and Chanel or Elizabeth Arden foundation. She is more of a skincare gal (her little sister/my aunt is always buying her stuff). Currently she's using Chanel, Origins, and a variation of Asian brands. 

My mom has really fancy makeup that I purchase for her. She cares for my son a few hours everyday and won't take payment for it so I end up buying her things I know she will like. So she has a lot of Chanel and other high end makeup. Before that I think she used mostly drugstore stuff but I've been buying her makeup so long I don't really remember.

Estee Lauder, Lancome, Laura Gellar, Avon, Mary Kaye, Benefit, Bare Minerals...anything that is sold locally or is on a home shopping network.

Funny enough, my mom actually takes a lot of makeup advice from me.
My mom has always been very into doing her makeup..I can remember sitting on the bed watching her "put on her face" and wishing that I could do that. Now I'm obsessed with makeup haha. If my mom sees me wearing something she'll ask me what it is or I'll tell her about new companies I find and stuff like that. She does like NYX and Urban Decay though. I love going makeup shopping with my mom. It's so fun to have a mom that loves cosmetics *almost* as much as I do!

Funny enough, my mom actually takes a lot of makeup advice from me. My mom has always been very into doing her makeup..I can remember sitting on the bed watching her "put on her face" and wishing that I could do that. Now I'm obsessed with makeup haha. If my mom sees me wearing something she'll ask me what it is or I'll tell her about new companies I find and stuff like that. She does like NYX and Urban Decay though. I love going makeup shopping with my mom. It's so fun to have a mom that loves cosmetics *almost* as much as I do!
This is like me and my daughter. I used to wear makeup but I only had maybe 1 of each item I used and it was all avon & drugstore. Now my daughter and me actually bond over our love of makeup. I used to borrow her naked palette trying to replicate her looks until I got my own this Christmas. Lol

My dear Mom’s passed away a long time ago but I remember her using eyebrow pencils and some face powder that had Revlon on them. And I’d like to think she looked pretty then.

My mom has really fancy makeup that I purchase for her. She cares for my son a few hours everyday and won't take payment for it so I end up buying her things I know she will like. So she has a lot of Chanel and other high end makeup. Before that I think she used mostly drugstore stuff but I've been buying her makeup so long I don't really remember.
That is so sweet of you!! 

My mom uses almost exclusively Korean makeup brands, but also dabbled a little with Department store brands like Clinique and Lancome.

Yikes, my mum is hard to keep up with. All she uses is drug store stuff but it changes constantly. The only thing she consistently uses is Airspun face powder and tons of vampy lip stains. I don't understand how she does this thing where she literally will buy one eyeshadow compact, and use that up until it's gone and then get one more (right now it's Revlon Photo ready in Renaissance). I need variety I don't know how she doesn't go crazy living like that!

My grandma on the other hand strictly uses Clinique. Everything from mascara to makeup remover and moisturizer. I've actually never seen her use anything else.

My mum wears MAC and Maybelline. She isn't too fussy about brands and products from these companies seem to work well on her sensitive skin. :rolleyes:

Back