What make-up brands does your mom use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mainly Lorac Pro Palette, Mally mascara, Sephora foundation, Smashbox eyeliner. That's all I know the exact brands I know.

Estee Lauder, Lancome, Laura Gellar, Avon, Mary Kaye, Benefit, Bare Minerals...anything that is sold locally or is on a home shopping network.
My 70-something mom got bitten by the home shopping bug (ARGH, don't get me started) a couple of years ago, so her makeup selection has expanded drastically. Before that, it was almost exclusively Clinique and Lancome, bought whenever they offered a GWP bag.

My mom only really wears makeup because it's a habit and because it's not something that she gets all that excited about, her collection is pretty small. From what I remember seeing during my last visit, I can recall some Stila, Clinique, Revlon, and a bit of MUFE.

My Momma no longer wears makeup, but she used to wear Charles of the Ritz and Estee Lauder, Clinique "Tender Heart" lipstick and Avon nail polish. We used to have such fun when the huge Estee Lauder GWP would come around.

My mom wears mostly Lancôme for her base products, but she has a pretty wide variety of eyeshadows and blushes. I know she currently uses a NARS multiple for blush, a Tarte palette for her eyes, and a Bite lip lacquer. She's like me, loves to shop for makeup and try out new stuff. When I was young she couldn't afford anything beyond Avon & drugstore, but she's making up for lost time now--every time I talk to her she's bought two or three new products from Sephora.

My mom wears a grey CoverGirl eyeliner, pink blush (also CoverGirl) and berry lipstick (CoverGirl) as well as the original Great Lash mascara. She also has a taupe CoverGirl eyeshadow trio for special occasions.

That is all the makeup she wears, and all that I have ever known her to wear!

She's in her mid-sixties and uses mostly earth tones from the drugstore brands that have been around for a long time... specifically, Cover Girl, Maybelline, L'oreal , Revlon and Max Factor. She's used Avon in the past, but I don't recall ever seeing any high end products in her stash. I don't think that's something she's ever been able to splurge on, sadly. Sometimes I buy her things I know she needs or would like, though it's typically skincare or hair products.

Last edited by a moderator:
She uses the cheap stuff. The only good thing she uses is MAC Zoomlash (because it's the only mascara that works for her)

Back