What makes a make up sexy??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smokey eyes and nude glossy lips + confident! at least that for my personal opinion.

Originally Posted by eleinys Smokey dramatic eyes, Lip Gloss and a Confident Look. I agree! Confidence is the key to pulling of sexy!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Love the smokey eyes!!

Originally Posted by Leony Smokey eyes and nude glossy lips + confident! at least that for my personal opinion. I totally agree
smile.gif

hmm i love when your eye color pops out. well defined eyes in any color as long as it suits your skin tone & makes your eye color stand out i love. with a nice blush, smooth skin, and natural lips.

My boyfriend likes when i look 'bright'.. whatever that means.

My husband likes the goth look
icon_confused.gif

Clear shiny gloss and a smokey eye on any skin tone is sexy to me.

Originally Posted by Leony Smokey eyes and nude glossy lips + confident! at least that for my personal opinion. I concur!

You can work any look, as long as you feel sexy, you ARE sexy!

oh.....and Jennifer, don't be afraid to give bronzer a try, it can make all the difference!

I think the makeup from the 40s is the sexiest, that pale eyeshadow, with the bright red lipstick. The lipstick just makes ur lips stand out and makes them look more plump. I think thats my favorite look, even though im not bold enough yet to wear red lipstick....
tongue.gif

I'm surprised at how so many people have said nude lips, I haven't been a huge fan of the nude lips that seem so popular now, and much prefer a little splash of color, like a light or medium pink or peach! (But then again, I also prefer browns over greys for a smokey look, at least for my skintone ... and I love pink lips with my brown eyeshadows!)

Originally Posted by Sophia What do you think are the must haves techniques-products to make a make up sexy???:icon_love When I think of a sexy make up it always come in my mind bronze skin and a very shiny lipgloss!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Personally, you gotta look good/GREAT without "any" makeup whatsoever... (& I mean real good) (Perfect, flawless, no raccoon eyes, nothing) - so, anything you add would be "the bonus plan" - you wouldn't need any techniques!

My vote goes to full glossy lips and dark eyes (dark brown liner and thick full lashes)

Originally Posted by Leony Smokey eyes and nude glossy lips + confident! at least that for my personal opinion. The same for me
icon_smile.gif

I love the idea of "smokey eyes" being the most posted for a sexy makeup look. My eyes are my best feature....full lips next.....smooth skin next. BUT, could someone post HOW to get that "smokey eye" look? I have an idea it has some gray in it.....but I'm not sure. I have brown/black eyes and olive skin. I use browns and violets mixed for my eye look. But I would LOVE to know how to do the "smokey eye" look.....it might be a better look for me. THANKS!!! Maybe others would like to know too.

Welcome to MakeUpTalk godfreygirl! I'm Laura from Ireland. You should check out the FOTD forum on Sunday too because a few of us are doing a "smokey eye sunday". We're all gonna do smokey eye looks on Sunday and post pics!

Thank you Trish for all the GREAT tips!!
claps.gif
And I loved your "Smoky Eye Tutorial"....I copied all the pictures and made me a booklet to refer to. Thanks for the "Welcome" too. But....I've been coming here for a long time and get the newsletter that I LOVE.....I just haven't posted before (shame on me!
icon_redface.gif
) I have gotten SO many great tips here....it's just a WONDERFUL site!!! :icon_love I'm going to be practicing the smoky eyes until I get it right. OH.....and the "tightlining" posts were WONDERFUL!! I had NO idea that's where the liner goes.....UNDER the lashes. I've been putting it on top and don't like the look on me. I always get the line messed up, crooked and all sorts of messes and have to wipe it off and start over. NOW I know WHERE to put it. I'm just "IN LOVE" with this site.

Shirley in Illinois
icon_smile.gif

Hi Laura:

Thanks for the welcome!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
As you'll see in my other post to Trish, I've been coming here for a while, but haven't posted before. I will definitely be checking out the "Smoky Eye Sunday" to see how everyone looks and how they do it. I've learned SOOOO much about makeup at this site. NOW I will have more beautiful eyes too. You can't beat THAT!
claps.gif

I'll look forward to seeing all of you in your beautiful smoky eyes.

Shirley in Illinois USA (that's in the midwest part ....just a little FYI)
wink.gif

You should attempt a look too & post it! And i'm delighted to hear that you've learned so much here at MakeUpTalk! Shout if you need help with anything on the site
smile.gif

Back