What stores are you most excited for on Black Friday?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooo last year I got to experience my first black friday since normally I'm working it!  But I live in a small-ish town so it wasn't tooo horrible and crowded. Well, Wal-mart was a shit show but that's normal. Ulta was fine - picked up a Bare Minerals set for like $10, I know it had a lip gloss and something for the face but can't remember. I know I also picked up a $10 Tarte set with a blush and again can't remember what else! But I know Ulta will be on my list to shop at this year!

We don't have a Sephora - boo so I'll have to do that shopping online. Do the $10 deals normally sell out really fast? 

I am getting excited with all of the talk about last years Ulta and Sephora deals. Which is less hectic in store on Black Friday? Or which has more of the deals for sale so they don't run out quickly?

I won't be buying any makeup this year. I'm moving next week and need to furnish & decorate my new place. But Im looking forward to Kohls and bedbathandbeyond :headphonedance:

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by jordiemac3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What are these $10 one-day deals I keep hearing about? I didn't even know Sephora did much for Black Friday. What type of things do they have good deals on? And what types of special items do you mean? Limited edition?

What type of deals does Ulta have?
Here was last year's black friday deals from Sephora:

(From: http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2012/11/sephora-black-friday-2012-deals.html)

Aw man, why couldn't I have become a makeup junkie in time for Sephora's Black Friday last year? This looks awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alexab92 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What does sephora usually do? I only started going to sephora about 2 years ago. I know. Late start. Hah I didn't grow up around makeup really. I usually will try fred Meyer, old navy, target.
I sure didn't grow up around makeup either.  Really just started.  I want to seriously shop Sephora and if they have deals.. i'm all in!

wow that IS totally early but now i'm all excited! i don't do b&m black friday anymore, only online deals. sometimes i'll go to Costco on that Saturday or Sunday to pick up their deals (they always have enough for all weekend). that's about it! otherwise it's stalking amazon & random good deals for me!

Updates--I'm totally hitting up Sephora online for Black Friday.  Other than that, I steer clear.  I can't stand the mobs.

I'll probably hit the Sephora site when I get up at 5am.  I'm not getting up early for sales.  That's what time I always get up for work.  We'll probably have a late start that day because we usually do, but I like to go ahead and get up at the usual time on late start days just because it's easier to get back in the groove of getting up way too early if I *stay* in that groove.  So.  Sephora site for the super special one-day things since there will probably be some really neat things and really good point perks that will need to be jumped on first thing in the morning, and I might as well place an order if the items are in-stock online and not stress about getting them in the physical store.  Then I might walk down to the actual store at lunch just to see if they have more things not available online because I know I will want to get out of the office at lunch since that's how I am *every* day, and Sephora is only about a ten-minute walk away.  

But I'm actually most looking forward to whatever Geek Chic has up their sleeves.  There is talk of more limited edition tin collections for Black Friday, and I am perhaps a wee bit obsessed with that sort of thing.  I'll also be keeping an eye on pretty much every indie company I'm aware of to see whether they have special LE things for sale on just that day.  I have a hard time with the holiday season, so these things will help get me through December.

I'll definitely be checking out Sephora, though last year, nothing really excited me. Not sure if I even picked up anything. I'll check out a few other makeup sites too, hopefully some indie brands will have deals (I'm looking at you Ninja polish companies!)

Like many of you, I tend to do it shopping online. Cannot fathom waking up at the crack of dawn to be run over by mommy/stroller brigade for a cheap microwave! I prefer the comfort of my sweatpants and internet :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Last year I skipped Sephora but got some awesome deals the year before - definitely went online. I really despise crowds, and worked retail for long enough that I avoid stores on Black Friday if I can. FOr the life of me, I can't remember WHY i decided to go shopping in person. Kohl's was my first stop... and ended up being my only stop since I really hated the crowds (well, then I did go out to a bar with a friend). I found some good stuff at Kohl's - two cardigans adn a pair of earrings for my mom, watch for step dad, and some board gme for my (now) husband. If I can shop from the comfort of my living room couch, I'm game.

I think the only stores I'm really looking forward too are Kohls and Target. I hardly ever buy stuff for me on Black Friday and those stores tend to offer great deals on the things I need, especially at Target (cheap movies and kid toys, score!) Plus I know at least at the stores by me, I can go at a normal hour, like 10 am and still be able to get everything I need!

I work Black Friday...at Target, despite the fact that I'm not even a cashier. And yes, it is as bad as it sounds. Hopefully I'll be able to scoop up some sephora deals after my shift.

It is the on day of the year I can tell a customer "You're wrong." And not get fired. A lot of people don't read the ad, they just go by the picture and grab something that looks similar. And then they get mad at me for pointing out that it's the other model for sale. And then they want me to go back and get the right model myself. And to that, I can say "It's not my fault you can't read. I'm not going to leave my register to fix your mistake. You can go back there and get it yourself or go elsewhere." I won't get reprimanded for saying that because it happens so much.

It is the on day of the year I can tell a customer "You're wrong." And not get fired. A lot of people don't read the ad, they just go by the picture and grab something that looks similar. And then they get mad at me for pointing out that it's the other model for sale. And then they want me to go back and get the right model myself. And to that, I can say "It's not my fault you can't read. I'm not going to leave my register to fix your mistake. You can go back there and get it yourself or go elsewhere." I won't get reprimanded for saying that because it happens so much.
Every retail worker's dream is the ability to say that every day lol.

Quote:  So far as I know. I have it off, butthat can change. Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! Truly sounds like hell on earth to work Black Friday. 

Back