What would you do if your boyfriend did that? Please help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I reading correctly when you say "He's being so selfish that he has you convinced that its your fault to want to even discuss the fact that he only sees you weekly and can't open up about it." ...I actually don't get that at all from her post that HE is making HER feel that she can't come talk to him about what is concerning her.  I think this is a kinda man I would want to keep actually, not give up so easily.  He has a job and is studying.  This equals to the much higher chance of having a more comfortable life later on. 

Originally Posted by MissFortune /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're afraid to have a serious conversation with someone you've talked about having a child with because you don't want to "hurt his feelings".... well, isn't that kind of your answer right there?? Communication in a relationship is basically everything. If you can't even talk to him about the issue of spending more time together how could you expect to relationship to head in the right direction? His feelings getting hurt is the last thing that should be in your mind. You should be thinking about how to communicate yourself in the right way, yes, but like I said, if having a conversation with your boyfriend that you've obviously discussed much bigger things with already.. maybe you need to be thinking about moving on and not hurting him, but how this is hurting YOU. He's being so selfish that he has you convinced that its your fault to want to even discuss the fact that he only sees you weekly and can't open up about it. Hope things work out but maybe better things are waiting for you... if it was my boyfriend it would either be resolved or ended. No in between no games no bullshit. Sounds to me he is clearly dancing around the subject and does not WANT to talk about it. He can talk about something as huge as having a child with you, but NOT his weekly schedule?? Something doesn't add up here... Good luck.

Okay, wait, I was "harsh" and "negative" and warranted TWO responses? For doing what? Trying to HELP and put things into perspective (which is what this forum and asking for advice is all about) but...

Good luck with your relationship...  <---That's me being harsh and negative

LOL! Some people just want to hear what they want to hear.  It doesn't mean they are going to listen to reason nor reality. 

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, wait, I was "harsh" and "negative" and warranted TWO responses? For doing what? Trying to HELP and put things into perspective (which is what this forum and asking for advice is all about) but...

Good luck with your relationship...  <---That's me being harsh and negative

As women we need to stop talking around the things that are upsetting to us.  You should be direct with him and tell him that you love to spend time with him and that you would like to see him more often.  There is nothing wrong with letting him know that you enjoy his company.  If he can find more time in his busy schedule to spend time with you then I am sure he will.  However if the bottom line is he cannot commit to more time you have to learn to accept this and keep in mind that when he is not so busy he will make the time.  Good things come to those who wait, right?  As the other girls said, you need to keep yourself busy so this is not haunting you.  Also, if you make this an issue I have a feeling that you won't last.  So, to sum it up, talk to him about it and if this is the best he can give, then accept that or move on.

Good luck!

You need to do what is best for you and what makes you happy, because in the end it is your life.  If you feel like this relationship is not what you want and things are not going to be changing than let it go. If you feel like things can be worked out or you can find a way to be happy with things as they are than stay.  I know it is hard to walk away when you love someone. I am having a similar issue but a baby is not involved.  It hurts to walk away from someone after being with them for so long, but if it is holding you back and you are not getting what you want out of your life, something is obviously not right.  In the end the choice is yours. I wish you the best. <3

do what's best for you.. really. do it. i see my boyfriend AT LEAST 2-3 times a month. it use to be hard on me but now i'm use to it. we live fairly close but we just both have BUSY schedules... if you love him and if he loves you, i'm pretty sure that you guys can work it out TOGETHER :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i wish you the best of luck!

Back