What's in your hair care products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin Protein - Protein derived from human hair by enzymatic/acidic hydrolyzation."

i can't help but wonder how they got this ingredient

thanks a lot !

wink.gif

Shampoos, Conditioners, loose hair clips, headbands, standard hair dyes and non-chemical content colors must be made use of in order to protect and prevent hair damage or loss of hair. People must be intelligent enough to choose the best hair care product most suitable for their hair and wear a younger look with them

TRY OUT FRENDZ.........!!!!!!

Since Aprill has kindly gone through most of the technical ingredients and what they do, I thought I'd give you a list of botanical ingredients often found in hair care and what they are/do.

Ammonium Thio Glycolate: Primary ingredient used manily to break dislfide bonds

Aloe Vera Extract: Plant extract that soothes irritated/sensitive skin and scalp

Apple Extract: Nautral Chealtor (clairifier) / alpha hydroxy acid

Balm Mint: Moisturizing plant extract

Behentrimonium Methosulfate: Conditioning agent

Bilberry Extract: Natural AHA

Birch: Used in a lot of 'sensitive' formula shampoos; relieves chaffed skin

Black Current: Natural essential oil that adds shine to the hair

Carnauba Plant wax used in styling aids

Cedarwood Oil Often found in dandruff shampoos; known for healing skin diseases

Chamomile: Natural botanical extract with anti inflamitory and anti-septic properties

Coco Butter Natural moisturizing butter for intense conditioning

Adding to where I left off:

Geranium Oil:Is a natural essential oil often found in conditioners and moisturizers.

Grapefruit Extract: Natural hair clarifier

Helliogenol AWESOME ingredient to have in any colour care shampoo and conditioner. Its an herbal extract taken from cold pressed sunflower seed cake. Ever notice how sunflowers are always yellow? That would be why
smile.gif

Horse Chestnut Natural hair and skin softener

Hydrogenated Castor Oil Moisturizing humectant

Lanolin Wax Ultra purified wool wax

Lavender Extract Natural oil that will help to add sheen and radiance to the hair; often also found in anti-dandruff shampoo's for its healing properties

Lemon and Mandarin Oils Both are natural stimulants and antiseptics

Marigold oil Moisturizes and increases flexibility

Nettle Extract Often found in shampoo's and treatments for those with thinning hair. Stimulates blood circulation, and hair growth.

Peppermint Oil Most often be found in products designed for Oily hair; it's a natural soothing agent that is antisepticc and anti-bacterial

Sage Extract Anti-Fungal and anti-bacterial

Witch Hazel natural hair and skin clarifier

Wow! That's a pretty big list.

Here's mine

1.Sulfate free shampoo

2.Hair conditioner

3.Purifying shampoo

4.Deep Conditioner

5.Heat protector

Thanks,

thelovely.ca

My hair is curly and is halfway down my back, and everybody says its beautiful, but I want it longer so that i can cut it and give it to Locks of Love.

Im currently using Pantine products but i have heard that its bad for your hair.

Im kinda iffy about Mane and Tail, but if there are any other kinds that i can get at walmart that helps it grow faster, please dont hesitate to give me your imput!

Thanks!

I am very impress your link. I really liked. What a wonderful idea. I use alcohol product that is very nice product.

Back