What's in your hair care products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The natural ingredients sound great, but uff, some of those don't sound very appealing do they? I'm in the process of converting to all natural and non toxic products - both for hair and cosmetics. I wonder if any of you can recommend brands that you've used that are all natural and non toxic. I think the rise in children with learning disabilities is largely due to environmental and toxin intake factors. 

Product Alert: Formaldehyde in hair treatment

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Alameda Superior Court, charges that the maker of the Brazilian Blowout brand salon treatment has failed to disclose to salon stylists and consumers that its Acai Professional Smoothing Solution contains formaldehyde, a chemical known for its use in embalming corpses.

This marks the first time the state has enforced the Safe Cosmetics Act, a 2005 law that requires warning labels and ingredient disclosure for products that include chemicals known to cause cancer, including formaldehyde. The popular product for rendering curly or frizzy hair smooth and shiny for weeks is used in dozens of Sacramento-area salons. A treatment can cost hundreds of dollars.

While the Brazilian Blowout website touts the product as free of formaldehyde and other "harsh chemicals," testing in Oregon and Canada found the chemical in samples of the product. One series of tests showed an average formaldehyde content of 8.8 percent in the solution.

The results, which also found low-level air exposure during the product's application, led the Oregon division of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to issue a hazard warning to that state's salons. Several class-action suits have been filed in California.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/11/13/3182000/jerry-brown-targets-brazilian.html#ixzz15BOeMiR5

The lathering effect of shampoo and body wash is from chemical ingredients.

You do not need lathering to clean hair and skin.

Natural saponin will do the job. Talk to me about it.

Back