What's Irritating You Today Rant Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Shalott Thanks!  So true!  It's such an annoyance which shouldn't take up so much time and effort :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It almost reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with Kramer and the cable company; though in an opposite sorta way lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a really hard time because not only I am having memory problems (both short- and long-term) now I am starting to have difficulties with my fine motor skills. Of course, no one can tell me anything, and the gamut of possibilities runs the spectrum of everything you could ever think of.

I am tired of problem after medical problem just hitting me like a freight train over only the past year or so and I am so tired and frustrated of everything that I honestly don't even know what to do. I'm not one of those people that can keep fighting even when the battle's lost, I'm a realist and when it is time to throw in the towel, I do so.

But now... I don't know how to even begin, or end, or middle. So that's obviously why I am on a website full of people I don't even know, pouring out my frustrations. That's today's (and every day's) rant. :couch:

I'm having a really hard time because not only I am having memory problems (both short- and long-term) now I am starting to have difficulties with my fine motor skills. Of course, no one can tell me anything, and the gamut of possibilities runs the spectrum of everything you could ever think of.

I am tired of problem after medical problem just hitting me like a freight train over only the past year or so and I am so tired and frustrated of everything that I honestly don't even know what to do. I'm not one of those people that can keep fighting even when the battle's lost, I'm a realist and when it is time to throw in the towel, I do so.

But now... I don't know how to even begin, or end, or middle. So that's obviously why I am on a website full of people I don't even know, pouring out my frustrations. That's today's (and every day's) rant. :couch:
Sorry to hear.  Lack of, or misdiagnoses can be so frustrating.  I hope the situation improves for you.  We're all here to listen/support each other, and sometimes it's easier to vent feelings in a place like this.  I find that a times, as well-meaning as they are, the people in our day-to-day lives can just be on a totally different page, and it makes talking about anything serious to be quite a task.  Anyway, wishing you the best through these health challenges.

I sympathize.  It can be especially hard when health problems are long term.  It is hard for people to understand someone being sick and not getting better.  I wish you the best.  Hang in there for a proper diagnosis or treatment.  It took me ten years to get my autoimmune disease diagnosed and now that I am in remission it was worth the fight.  

this week work has been more difficult than usual, I have been sleeping horribly and have a shorter patience spam going on it seems. Today, out of the blue a colleague asks me to talk to a client right as I was out of the door to vosot clients. I talked to said client for an hour listening to how she thinks our standard corporate contract should be. It was quite intersting. I don't mind suggestions but it's the way people talk to me. At least she turned out to be nice!

This is such a first world problem, but:

Last month I ordered from Ulta for the first time. When I received my package, one of the items I ordered was missing, the sampler trio was missing, AND some of the items in the GWP were missing. It kind of left a bad first impression, but I called CS and they were very nice. I received some of the missing items and a gift card for the things that were out of stock. All was good.

Today, I received an email from Victoria's Secret that the back-ordered bra I had been waiting for was just cancelled. It would be fine, but it just comes across as, "Hey, you know that $5 bra you received an email about? That was plastered all over our front page and iPhone app in order to get you to spend money at our website? Well, we decided to let you know a month and a half later that it's not coming. Lolbye." I wouldn't have used that coupon code for a $5 bra if I had known. I would have used a different coupon code or possibly waited for another deal to order.

I know I probably sound entitled and bratty, but it's just getting old how retailers advertise their "great deals" everywhere and then can't fulfill them. Get it together.

The neighbours constantly coming in and out of their apartments upstairs making too much noise.

The fact that my throat and mouth still hurts even though it's been a month since the operation.

That's my vent for today..

So I ordered some things from Target online......I wanted a set of Cuddle duds to give to my mom for her birthday since she is always cold and it is supposed to be another back winter, but since it is mid September, there isnt much out in stores here yet. I found what I was looking for online at Target and ordered them (along with some socks and a dress for me). When they came in, nothing was in any kind of packaging or had any tags on it (like the socks were just the three pairs held together with a plastic piece....no label, no tags). Each item was just in a plastic bag. It annoys me because instead of having some sort of packaging to signify that I bought them new, it looks like I just wrapped up a bunch of my old clothes :/   

Straight white high school douchebags are the literal worst and I wish I could kick every one of them who messes with me.
I'm sorry they're making school miserable.  As if high school isn't bad enough, dealing with those idiots has to be terrible.  Those kinds of guys are a hindrance on society and I think today's straight white boy is a classic example of "you can't fix stupid."

I live with chronic pain from degenerative disc disease and bad arthritis in my hips and knees. I try to never mention it, but it's been a really hard week. My DDD is inherited from both sides of my family, it is the reason my Momma is disabled and living in a hospital bed at home, it is the reason my birth father has to use a motorized scooter and also has a hospital bed for home use.

I am the only driver in our home. My husband has had seizure problems and can't drive. So even when the pain makes it hard to even take a deep breath, I have to keep functioning. If groceries or pharmacy runs must be done, it's on me, all the time......24/7.....for the past ten years.

Sorry for whining, I just needed to vent.

I live with chronic pain from degenerative disc disease and bad arthritis in my hips and knees. I try to never mention it, but it's been a really hard week. My DDD is inherited from both sides of my family, it is the reason my Momma is disabled and living in a hospital bed at home, it is the reason my birth father has to use a motorized scooter and also has a hospital bed for home use.

I am the only driver in our home. My husband has had seizure problems and can't drive. So even when the pain makes it hard to even take a deep breath, I have to keep functioning. If groceries or pharmacy runs must be done, it's on me, all the time......24/7.....for the past ten years.

Sorry for whining, I just needed to vent.
Vent all you need to.  Chronic illness and pain just suck.  I have had to be the breadwinner for the last few years while trying to do a Master's degree and also while living with a chronic illness that sometimes just knocks me on my a**.  Sometimes I just want to hide under the covers in the morning.  Hang in there.  Sounds like you are kicking butt on your DDD.  

My MIL. I have a really good relationship with her but she crossed the line for me yesterday, which is a first in the five years I have been with her son.  His parents live like 5 hours from us and they are coming to visit this weekend. Her birthday was yesterday...she's about 55.  My BF works 7-3 and his mom works about the same hours. He called her yesterday at 4:30 after work and she didn't pick up. So, he texted her to let her know he got reservations for dinner on Saturday for her birthday.  She is NOT a texter, doesn't use Facebook, etc. so it's not like they text back and forth ever. 

Last night around 9:30 he called his mom's cell again and she didn't pick up.  A few minutes later she sent a text saying she was sad that he forgot her birthday.  So he called his parents' house and she picked up, told him she was going to bed, and basically ended the conversation saying he could have at least sent her a card. 

Like is it just me or is that extremely childish for a 55 year old to throw a hissy fit like this? I get that she misses her son, but we are going to see her tomorrow. He can give her her card tomorrow. Also he is 25 and works extremely hard, it isn't like they live in the same house and he saw her all day and ignored her.  My bf isn't a mama's boy at all.  He is an only child and his parents are very emotionally supportive of him and us. I'm totally caught off guard by her behavior and I'm nervous that this weekend will be awkward. 

eta clarification

Edit again: So a day removed from the situation and I think I'm making more of a big deal than is necessary, which is the same thing the MIL was doing...but thanks for letting me rant anyway.  Sometimes we just need to get stuff off our chests and I think texting this all to a friend would have been too much. 

I think I was just feeling overprotective of my BF because this behavior from his mom was SO out of character. I was frustrated that she got mad at him because she isn't here with him seeing how hard he works and how much we are accomplishing living on our own hours away from any family. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back