What's Irritating You Today Rant Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today: My uterus. People who are rude to and about the kids I work with (I work in a special ed classroom, and at a facility for the developmentally disabled). The fact that I don't have nachos.
Not having nachos is just uncalled for.  I love your new profile pic btw.   :sdrop:

Mice. Maybe just 1 mouse, but it's like Supermouse or something. Cheese on the mouse trap ... gone. No mouse in the trap, though. Peanut butter on the mousetrap ... same thing. I wedged a whole grape on the tongue of the mousetrap ... the freakin' mouse took it, too, and didn't get caught. I have re-set the trap so many times so it will spring with just the tiniest nudge ... and nada. Time for a better mousetrap. Oh, and just the fact that there is a mouse in my house ... OMG! ICK!

Mice. Maybe just 1 mouse, but it's like Supermouse or something. Cheese on the mouse trap ... gone. No mouse in the trap, though. Peanut butter on the mousetrap ... same thing. I wedged a whole grape on the tongue of the mousetrap ... the freakin' mouse took it, too, and didn't get caught. I have re-set the trap so many times so it will spring with just the tiniest nudge ... and nada. Time for a better mousetrap. Oh, and just the fact that there is a mouse in my house ... OMG! ICK!
Um, so you might have a mutant mouse because that it's frankly impressive. Good luck!

I don't mind mice, not comparatively, but ants and cockroaches are the bane of my existence. Eeeeewwwwww! Ugh and roaches are impossible to be rid of entirely. Definitely feeling your pain over here!

I don't mind mice, not comparatively, but ants and cockroaches are the bane of my existence. Eeeeewwwwww! Ugh and roaches are impossible to be rid of entirely. Definitely feeling your pain over here!
When you put it like that, I do prefer mice over cockroaches. The one mouse did get caught in the trap, but I almost immediately discovered there's at least 1 more. So it's officially an infestation. I don't want to kill the mice, though, because they're cute and furry, unlike cockroaches.

When you put it like that, I do prefer mice over cockroaches. The one mouse did get caught in the trap, but I almost immediately discovered there's at least 1 more. So it's officially an infestation. I don't want to kill the mice, though, because they're cute and furry, unlike cockroaches.
Ha ha, I know right? We used to get mice at my parent's house in the pantry and my mom had a nearly sadistic pleasure killing them - but my sister and I couldn't bear to see them caught in the traps! Luckily we had a cat who would catch them, play with them, and then deposit them at your feet (woozy but alive) so we would sneak them out. No wonder our problem wouldn't go away! :lol:

I can't smash a roach because the crunching... :sick: I have to capture them alive, and flush 'em, but I've heard they survive that, too! No wonder these pests are so called...

Being 5'7" tall, just under 170 pounds, and having to buy plus-size clothes. Yes, I'm pretty sure my waist is about 45 inches, last time I measured the biggest part of my thighs they were each 29 inches around, and I'm not fit by any means, but compared to most adults where I live and work I'm average or even smaller than average. I always wonder where the hell people who are actually big get clothes that fit. Why are average-size clothes called plus-size? It's just stupid.

Being 5'7" tall, just under 170 pounds, and having to buy plus-size clothes. Yes, I'm pretty sure my waist is about 45 inches, last time I measured the biggest part of my thighs they were each 29 inches around, and I'm not fit by any means, but compared to most adults where I live and work I'm average or even smaller than average. I always wonder where the hell people who are actually big get clothes that fit. Why are average-size clothes called plus-size? It's just stupid.
Ha ha, I know what you mean - I gained a lot of weight due to medication (mostly sodium retention and stuff that made me bloat up like a monster) so I am not traditionally "plus-sized" but I do wear about three sizes bigger than what I was in after having two kids and the body changes that went along with that. I remember the first time trying on jeans at Lane Bryant because jeans from none of the stores where I normally shopped fit me anymore and just crying in the fitting room because it was so insane how poorly these jeans for women supposedly my "size" fit absolutely no part of my body - waist too big, ass too small, thighs too baggy but calves too tight. Same thing at Torrid.

It's basically disgusting how retailers design their clothes to makes us feel bad, no matter what size we wear. Now, I buy "L" or "XL" from straight-size retailers like H&M, American Apparel, Cotton On and GAP (I am so not stylish) and I thank god that Old Navy has made their Rock Star boot cut jean available in the stores - it is the best fitting jean I have ever worn.

AND FOR MY REAL RANT. :lol: It disgusts me how this is the time of year that we are supposed to really consider our fellow man, yet all I see right and left are people being MORE rude and MORE selfish.

Last edited by a moderator:
AND FOR MY REAL RANT. :lol: It disgusts me how this is the time of year that we are supposed to really consider our fellow man, yet all I see right and left are people being MORE rude and MORE selfish.
This. So much this lately. I have lost faith in the vast majority of humans. When I say I hate people, it's these kind of people I hate.

Anti-vaxxers. And people on news forums who post things like "Unless the parents are extremely unclean, it would be almost impossible for a child to come in contact with shedding if the parents have measles" on an article about a toddler in our community who is part of the measles outbreak. And then when I quoted the part where the article says how measles spreads, they posted "Yeah, but the virus is only shed through human feces. I mean, that's what the article says." Um, no, some other article said people who are vaccinated can shed the virus only through feces and urine. I'm not even sure freshly vaccinated people shed the virus at all, but their initial comment wasn't about shedding post-vacation. Grrrrr! Anti-vaxxers tick me off!

Anti-vaxxers. And people on news forums who post things like "Unless the parents are extremely unclean, it would be almost impossible for a child to come in contact with shedding if the parents have measles" on an article about a toddler in our community who is part of the measles outbreak. And then when I quoted the part where the article says how measles spreads, they posted "Yeah, but the virus is only shed through human feces. I mean, that's what the article says." Um, no, some other article said people who are vaccinated can shed the virus only through feces and urine. I'm not even sure freshly vaccinated people shed the virus at all, but their initial comment wasn't about shedding post-vacation. Grrrrr! Anti-vaxxers tick me off!
Wow, they are so wrong.  Measles is spread through the coughing and sneezing of the infected person.  This is why one person can infect an entire room.  This brings up my pet peeve.  People who quote "facts" or "research" that comes from a random website.  Then they think it is just as valid as info from the CDC or WHO.  

Back