where do you put on your makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admit that I don't like make up, looked at his mother of cosmetics on the desk, trying to make up, it feels good, mom's dressing table is very beautiful, very old, like the ancient Chinese princess
Your post makes no sense. Perhaps you can clarify it for us... Thx.

I have a makeup corner in my closet, I keep a lamp on my vanity that I turn on when I do my makeup. There's no natural light in my closet so I always check my makeup in the bathroom mirror before I walk out the door just to make sure I look decent.

I do my make-up at the kitchen table. I bought one of those mirrors that have the light around it and I find this is what works best for me as far as getting my make up to look even. I feel your pain about uneven light because for many years I too had the same problem. I would LOVE to have a vanity but I don't so the table make up mirror works really well! The best part is that one side of it is magnified, great for plucking eyebrows! I would suggest that you get one of these mirrors, its a great alternative and totally worth it.  And they are fairly cheap, I think I bought mine for about $35. 

I have a desk in my bedroom that I use as a vanity (how come vanities don't come with more/ bigger drawers??) We bought a super tiny house with a REALLY tiny bathroom so there was no hope of me doing it in there. In a few years we'd like to build a new house and I want a big section of my walk-in-closet devoted to a makeup station. *sigh* A girl can dream right?

I put my makeup on where ever I find good light wether that's in my bedroom at my little makeshift vanity or in the bathroom where there is a stronger light source but I also use a lot of applied geometry so even if I have bad light my make up comes out evenly remember the golden triangles and you can't go wrong :3

I have a makeup vanity area set up in my bedroom, the table has many drawers and I added some nice organizers. I have one of those mirrors with a magnifier on one side and I usually like to do my makeup with natural light behind me so I placed my makeup area by a window.

I would love a vanity area and some kind of large storage for all of my makeup and beauty products, but right now we're living in a pretty small apartment, so I'm limited to the bathroom. I have some stuff out on the counter, and I have to rotate weekly. My husband hates the huge, unattractive mess that I've got out there!

Usually I just use a mirror in front of a window in my room and just rely on the natural light, but lately I started using an airbrush makeup system and I've been doing that in my bathroom which has super bright bulbs lined up on top on the mirror over the sink, because i feel like it resembles the overhead lights i am under all day a work so I know how my makeup will be perceived, nothing is more annoying than thinking you makeup is flawless just to see yourself in a mirror in different lighting when your out and realizing you look all cakey...wahh!

dining room table so I get natural light. Then I check in flourecent light to see what I look like in the office (same lighting) & do some touch-ups...

I just moved to a bright new apartment so I officially "graduated" from doing my makeup in the bathroom. Now I do it in a nice room with tall windows and skylights where I get an even natural light :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay! 
yey.gif

I have my makeup in bathroom also because in bathroom i have strong lighting system with 2 side and 1 overhead light.

I do my makeup in front of my window if the sun's up, otherwise I do it at my desk with an illuminated mirror.  The lighting in my bathroom is awful!

I do my makeup in the bathroom. I have a huge mirror as well as a double sink so there's plenty of space in between both sinks to place all my stuff before I start applying my makeup. It's not as good as applying in natural light so what I do is do my makeup, not too heavily and have a look at it in natural light with a small mirror in my bedroom (near my window). I don't want to overdo my makeup.

I do my makeup at my desk, which is in front of my window.. so I rely on natural light.  I do have a lighted mirror, but I rarely use it for the light.

Just like everyone else, I wish I had a vanity.. *sigh

Start with my usual vanity but as not much lighting need to put some n use natural sunlight (if day time)+check in bathroom which has super strong light,i hate storing(as it gets humid) or doing make up in bathroom near the sink,its YUCKY!!!!!

I also have one of those mirrors with a lights around it... it really illuminates your face - not good without make up as it shows up every pore and imperfection but it's great for getting good, even coverage!!

I apparently need a bigger makeup mirror - the little one I have actually seems to be more trouble than help, and I guess that's not the way it should be from reading all of these posts lol

I do my make up at the dining room table next to the window with a lighted make up mirror. I have plans to get a vanity in the guest bedroom, along with nail polish storage. Hopefully it will be done by Christmas and that will be my present.

Back