where do you put on your makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a makeup vanity in my room in which I pretty much always do my makeup at.  I just have regular lighting in my room (but my mirror has a light that i can turn on if i want to , although most of the time its off.)  Natural sunlight definitely helps, so if you have any windows by you, open the blinds.  If you're super duper desperate you could bring a chair and little table outside and whatever makeup you'll be using so that you can have completely natural light, although that doesn't seem practical at all especially if weather is bad lol.  But yeah, try different lighting and bulbs for the area and hope for the best c; I feel your pain though, trust me I can't stand when the lighting is bad and I can't truly see how my makeup looks!

I just do it in the bathroom, we have a large mirror and bright lights in there. I wish I had room for a makeup vanity, I would love to have one.

I've been considering making my desk in my room my official makeup vanity area, but isn't it helpful to do it in the bathroom where there's a sink in case you make a mistake and have to wash it off or have to wash your brushes or something?

I do my makeup at my computer desk; it's an L-shaped desk so I have my computer on one part of the L and my makeup on the other. It's amazing how much makeup I can actually fit on there! I'm able to watch or listen to something like a tutorial or something on youtube while I get ready, which I like because I can experiment all the time.

I have a bad habit of putting off getting ready for work until the last minute so i usually end up doing my make up in the car... (gasp!) Mainly doing what I can at stop lights (things like moisturizer, a serum, primer, foundation) then the rest in the parking lot at work or school.

If it were more fun to do my make up at home I probably would, but there isn't really a good place to do it here.

For me, it depends.  If I'm going full-out with more elaborate makeup, false eyelashes, and all, I usually do it at the desk in my bedroom where I have a magnifying mirror and a couple lamps to assist with the lighting.  If I'm being more casual (or in a rush lol), I tend to just do it all in the bathroom.

When I make up clients, I usually have a vanity or at least a very well lit studio. At home I am a bit sloppy and tend to do my own makeup sat on the floor with a mirror propped up against the glass doors!

Once I get the new house sorted though I will make sure I am completely organized with a proper vanity.

Luckily my new house has plenty of natural light :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back