Which Flat Iron Do You Use?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Chi's are over rated. I use the Hana Elite. It's a wider head and comes w/ a really nice case to keep while not in use.

I have the GHD set in the pictures, I don't remember what it is called & I can't find the box. I love it! The only thing I don't like is there is no way to change the temperature but I was told it automatically adjust to what your hair can handle. I have really thick curly long hair & it is amazing on my hair. I have had flat irons in the past that would cool down & not do as great a job on the last half of my hair while straightening but this does not do that. Stays hot the whole time & my hair stays straight for days after!

I previously owned Paul Mitchell flat irons & I've loved all of them! My 1st Paul Mitchell flat iron was "The Smoothing Iron" Professional Ceramic Flat Iron, 1 3/8" (I think that's what it was called?). It had green plates (shown in pic below) & I loved this flat iron so much when it broke (after 2+ yrs from constant use, twisted wires, etc) I bought another, exact same model. After the same time period, constant use, etc. that 1 died on me also. When I went to buy it again they upgraded models to the "Express Ion Smooth 1.25" & discontinued my previous model
frown.gif
I bought the "Express Ion Smooth 1.25" & it was ok but I love "The Smoothing Iron" & wish I could find it, I think it worked much better on my hair!
frown.gif
If I find that model again I am def buying it & I will keep my GHD also of course lol.

Paul Mitchell "The Smoothing Iron"

"Express Ion Smooth 1.25"

I use the HAI Convertable Ceramic 1 1/4 inch Pressing Flat Iron. I have had it for a while and originally bought if off folica for like $70 I see now its a lot cheaper. I like the swivel cord, the adjustable temerpature and the plates. I like that it is small enough for styling and curling as well as flat ironing. Havent done the wet to dry thing because my hair is pin straight and I don't really need to straighten it too much. I bought this mainly for styling and curling.

I have a CHI. I love it. It gets hot so fast. Plus when I want to curl my hair, it makes very pretty curls
smile.gif

I have a CHI. This is my second one, my first one lasted 7 yrs and I loved it. I feel like they have changed it a bit the newer ones just aren' t the same but I love it nonetheless. Its a red one came with a CHI nail polish and topcoat. Don't know if this was a special edition one? I also have a Remington Shine Therapy and its ok makes my hair a little too flat though.

I have a GHD and IMO its awesome!!! I had a chi for years and it didnt compare 

I've been using HairArt ceramic straightener. It works very well with thick course hair (which I have). It has lasted me an year, and still going on! Love it <3

GHD at home and a CHI at work.

Both work well, but the GHD is just faster and leaves the hair looking and feeling better than the CHI (touchups before meetings and such).

I use the Remington Shine Therapy straightener. I got it about two years ago and love it for its color and digital temp reader!

I have the pink GHD in the pictures on the first page. I got mine for $70, but I know it is a lot more expensive than that. I got mine at a special price from a man who does celebrity extensions and stocks the GHD flat iron. It put my chi to shame. I have super thick curly hair down to my waist, I can flat iron it in 20 minutes.

InfraShine 1"

I used one for 3-4 years, when I moved I left it with my mom and she kind of adopted it haha. I bought another for myself and have been using it for 2 years :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use a GHD. There a little pricey but work amazing.Though be carefull, I recently got one with the hollogram and everything that melted itself!

Me and my GHD till the end! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've got the pink ghd that xomichel posted.  I got it from doing a shoot for them last year.  It works great and it's pink!  I absolutely love the pink round travel case (left side of the box in the picture) it came with too, since it's padded enough to endure heat, and I can open it up and lay it on any surface and not worry about burning the table. Then when you're done, you put your iron back in the case, wrap it up, and you're ready to go. genius idea.

I have the GHD classic iron with the black handle and the yellow ceramic plates and it works like a magic wand on my hair! I had a cheap iron before and even if the result was pretty good it did not give the smooth and shiny finish that the GHD gives:) Besides the GHD is ready to use after just a few seconds and the cable rotates 360 degrees which makes it much easier to use. I also read that it can be used to make culrs but I never tried.

I have tried products from both CHI and GHD brands, and from these experiences I can say, without a doubt, flat irons from GHD are the better purchase.

The ceramic plates do a beautiful job at creating sleek hairstyles especially when coupled with bumble and bumble products.

I love my Chi. I have frizzy wavy/curly hair and it had always been a hassel to do my hair until I got my chi.

Back