Which is your best staying power foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by HollyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif Longest lasting in my experience thus far is Monave, Cory, and Aubrey Nicole are you sure about AN? I sampled the full coverage and its like powder on me. nothing coverage nothing staying.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif are you meaning to Aubreynicole? the foundations not staying and not cover.

Simha,,is this question for me??? If it is than I have not try Aubrey yet.

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif are you sure about AN? I sampled the full coverage and its like powder on me. nothing coverage nothing staying. It was fairly strong coverage for me. I guess different for you? Personally I really like Aubrey Nicole and have read positive reviews about it from others so? I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

Originally Posted by HollyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif It was fairly strong coverage for me. I guess different for you? Personally I really like Aubrey Nicole and have read positive reviews about it from others so? I guess it's all a matter of opinion. Hi Holly!! how are you? I really surprised that I read that the AN's foundation give you a good coverage..

but you right.. its different opinions..

have a great day!

Hi All!

I have found that Aubreynicole lasts very long on me and I've only been using the soft coverage. I have the full coverage and tried it once, but want to finish up the soft. I find both are great.

One not mentioned which covers extremely well and lasts all day is Joppa. That wears very well, no color change, no rub off, no shine.

I find that the EDM does last all day on me too. But as many have mentioned it's an individual thing. If you have very oily skin, I think that the brands which contain Titanium Dioxide and Kaolin clay will hold up well.

I use the matte formula in EDM.

Remember what works for one person, doesn't for another. It's all up to your body chemistry and how it interacts with the makeup!

CooCoo
tee.gif

I just tried Lumiere cashmere,been wearing for 11 hrs, stays well & no color change.I love it!

So far, the longest lasting MMU on me has been Lumiere and J.Lynne. Still want to try Mad, Barefaced and Cory.

I have combo skin with a shiny forehead and nose and Fyrinnae foundation has the best staying power IMO. I use their rice powder primer underneath and it really makes a big difference. My forehead and nose are now glowy instead of oily by the end of the day.

After trying most of the brands that we discuss here on the forum, I'd have to say that I'm still in love with my Monave foundation.....not the concealer/foundation formula (haven't tried that formula yet); the funny thing is that I've been using Smashbox primer and also tried the Laura Geller 'spackle' and wasn't noticing any huge results with the using the primer as opposed to not using the primer.....last week I tried to start actually letting my moisturizer settle in before applying the primer, and then letting the primer set in before applying my mmu.....huge results!!! Yesterday I had a really long day, applied my mu in the morning and didn't get home until around 4am....checked the mirror and my mu still looked awesome, almost as good as when I first applied it.....but still awesome. so I'd have to say Monave is still awesome, although I've been tempted to try the Lauress 'ethereal' formula.....

Originally Posted by katiztic /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lauress stays put on my face.
And so does LA Minerals! =)

which formula for Lauress have you had results with? I've been contemplating trying the 'ethereal' formula.....but I'm not sure how the lasting power is....

I just got a f/s of Lauress in Ethereal and I have to say, it has awesome staying power. I was pretty happy with the other formulas too as far as staying power but Ethereal really impressed me. I use the Jump Start primer and I don't need to touch it all day!

Originally Posted by Shadomere /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just got a f/s of Lauress in Ethereal and I have to say, it has awesome staying power. I was pretty happy with the other formulas too as far as staying power but Ethereal really impressed me. I use the Jump Start primer and I don't need to touch it all day! wow shadow...its good to know you like the ethereal. I tried it but it looked too cakey and thick on myface and also it caused some bumps on my face..guess its too rich with the ingredients.

After trying most of the brands that we discuss here on the forum, I'd have to say that I'm still in love with my Monave foundation.....not the concealer/foundation formula (haven't tried that formula yet); the funny thing is that I've been using Smashbox primer and also tried the Laura Geller 'spackle' and wasn't noticing any huge results with the using the primer as opposed to not using the primer.....last week I tried to start actually letting my moisturizer settle in before applying the primer, and then letting the primer set in before applying my mmu.....huge results!!! Yesterday I had a really long day, applied my mu in the morning and didn't get home until around 4am....checked the mirror and my mu still looked awesome, almost as good as when I first applied it.....but still awesome. so I'd have to say Monave is still awesome, although I've been tempted to try the Lauress 'ethereal' formula.....
Sunny

thats nice to hear ur rave abt Monave. I tried but it just dun seem to suit me..huh!!! maybe shld give some time. Just wanna ask how long do you give in btw ur moisty, primer and foundation? Its good to look great even after manyhours.

TIA

emma

I've been pretty lucky with my MMU experience. I have combo skin that is usually pretty clear and *knock wood* I don't have a lot of sensitivities so I can use pretty much anything without many problems. Lauress's primer for oily skin was too much for me though and I did have some painful breakouts from that. But the primer also dried them out quickly. (the other primer is good too for drying out pimples for me).

I do have some scarring and some redness to cover but nothing major. For me, it's a matter of texture and staying power that keeps me coming back.
smile.gif

Also, Ethereal is their thickest formula so if I use a flat top or too much the coverage is waaay cakey. Discovered that by accident by pouring too much in my swirly bowl and figured it'd be easier to apply it all instead of trying to get it back into my jar...bad idea! I looked a mess! lol

I use the Lauress kabuki (big and fluffy) and only need 2 layers.

wow shadow...its good to know you like the ethereal. I tried it but it looked too cakey and thick on myface and also it caused some bumps on my face..guess its too rich with the ingredients.

Originally Posted by sunny101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif After trying most of the brands that we discuss here on the forum, I'd have to say that I'm still in love with my Monave foundation.....not the concealer/foundation formula (haven't tried that formula yet); the funny thing is that I've been using Smashbox primer and also tried the Laura Geller 'spackle' and wasn't noticing any huge results with the using the primer as opposed to not using the primer.....last week I tried to start actually letting my moisturizer settle in before applying the primer, and then letting the primer set in before applying my mmu.....huge results!!! Yesterday I had a really long day, applied my mu in the morning and didn't get home until around 4am....checked the mirror and my mu still looked awesome, almost as good as when I first applied it.....but still awesome. so I'd have to say Monave is still awesome, although I've been tempted to try the Lauress 'ethereal' formula.....
Sunny

thats nice to hear ur rave abt Monave. I tried but it just dun seem to suit me..huh!!! maybe shld give some time. Just wanna ask how long do you give in btw ur moisty, primer and foundation? Its good to look great even after manyhours.

TIA

emma

hey emma,I used to put on all 3 in consecutive order...w/out actually letting anything settle, so I'd have my moisturizer/primer/foundation all finished in literally 2 or 3 minutes....but I recently discovered that if I try to patiently let my moisturizer dry before applying the primer, and letting the primer dry before applying my mmu it makes a huge huge difference....so now I apply my moisturizer, then dry my hair with the hairdryer (just a quick dry...not style) for a few minutes and apply my hair products.....after doing that about 5 minutes has passed, so I apply my primer; then I put my hair rollers in which takes about 10 minutes.....then start applying my foundation + mu.....the whole process has added about 15-20 minutes to my daily routine, but it's worth it.....my mu looks awesome all day/night long....it's usually pretty late when I get a chance to wash and do my nightly routine. hope that helps!!

Originally Posted by Shadomere /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just got a f/s of Lauress in Ethereal and I have to say, it has awesome staying power. I was pretty happy with the other formulas too as far as staying power but Ethereal really impressed me. I use the Jump Start primer and I don't need to touch it all day! great news, I'm gonna try the Ethereal now....both the 'subtle gold' and 'subtle yellow' were matches for me (strangely so....), anybody know if I should go with the same in the Ethereal formula? some companies have darker/lighter changes between formulas....so I've noticed.

wow shadow...its good to know you like the ethereal. I tried it but it looked too cakey and thick on myface and also it caused some bumps on my face..guess its too rich with the ingredients.

hey emma,

I used to put on all 3 in consecutive order...w/out actually letting anything settle, so I'd have my moisturizer/primer/foundation all finished in literally 2 or 3 minutes....but I recently discovered that if I try to patiently let my moisturizer dry before applying the primer, and letting the primer dry before applying my mmu it makes a huge huge difference....so now I apply my moisturizer, then dry my hair with the hairdryer (just a quick dry...not style) for a few minutes and apply my hair products.....after doing that about 5 minutes has passed, so I apply my primer; then I put my hair rollers in which takes about 10 minutes.....then start applying my foundation + mu.....the whole process has added about 15-20 minutes to my daily routine, but it's worth it.....my mu looks awesome all day/night long....it's usually pretty late when I get a chance to wash and do my nightly routine. hope that helps!!

suny thanks for your explanation appreciate that gal.

The MUFE powder foundations are awesome...and I also like Prestige powder foundations, they're kinda like MAC in texture

Back