Which Olympic sport do you really really hate!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I missed the memo....when did BMX become an olympic sport? hehehehe

Least fave for me is diving. I just can't get into it for some reason. I mean, all the dives look great, so it's all about who splashed the least water? Come on now....

Disclaimer: I have much respect for ANY athlete at the top of her or his sport, divers included.

Originally Posted by Tracigirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess I missed the memo....when did BMX become an olympic sport? hehehehe
Least fave for me is diving. I just can't get into it for some reason. I mean, all the dives look great, so it's all about who splashed the least water? Come on now....

Disclaimer: I have much respect for ANY athlete at the top of her or his sport, divers included.

lol, it's totally new. and France got the gold and silver medals, yay !! but i prefer motocross !!

don't like most sports. i find the olympics to be quite boring. may be because i'm not the sporty/athletic type person.

I don't like any of them. The only part of the Olympics that I like to watch are the opening and closing ceremonies.

The Biathlon is a winter sport that combines cross country skiing and shooting.

There is definatley no shooting involved in down hill skiing.

I love the Olympics and I particularly like watching the women compete. They are every bit as important as the men.

Ha! Olympic made me sick, thank god it's over LMAO.

I hate watching TV because of Olympic.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'll be honest. I don't like any olympic sports. The whole thing bores me to tears. Meeee Toooo!!!!!!!

Well, my roommate are still laughing that badmiton is an Olympic sport! Also, rythmic gymnastics where they twirl the ribbon. How about rythmic cocktail mixing and I'll swirl a few swizzle sticks!

I hate the Olympics,and can't stand how the athletes are being called heroes.

Heroes to me are fire fighters, doctors etc..

They can be called Champians, but to me..they're far from heroes

Originally Posted by cindyks625 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, my roommate are still laughing that badmiton is an Olympic sport! Also, rythmic gymnastics where they twirl the ribbon. How about rythmic cocktail mixing and I'll swirl a few swizzle sticks! Cocktail mixing sounds good to me!
tee.gif
bringiton.gif

Originally Posted by cindyks625 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, my roommate are still laughing that badmiton is an Olympic sport! Also, rythmic gymnastics where they twirl the ribbon. How about rythmic cocktail mixing and I'll swirl a few swizzle sticks! You've given me a craving for a Swizzle now. :S
I respect athletes and getting to the Olympics is a real achievement. It takes a lot of dedication and hard work to get there. You may not agree that it requires talent or is worthwhile but to each their own. I totally don't agree with talking about hating an Olympic sport. Hate is a very harsh word.

Don't get me wrong, I sometimes think that it becomes too much when athletes are given OBE's and become celebrities but I don't like that whole world anyway, so if it's going to be anyone I'd rather it were an athlete than someone acting like an idiot in BB or something.

I know it's meant in a light-hearted, jokey way but I thought I'd add my 2 cents anyway.

Originally Posted by Prose09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hate the Olympics,and can't stand how the athletes are being called heroes.
Heroes to me are fire fighters, doctors etc..

They can be called Champians, but to me..they're far from heroes

Cocktail mixing sounds good to me!
tee.gif
bringiton.gif

I agree that the notion of a hero is a little far fetched, no one is risking their life here. But when you consider what you have to do to sacrifice to be a world class athlete and compete its remarkable. A very few will gain great wealth and notoriety (like a Michael Phelps) but a vast majority do it for the sport and get very little out of it. and lets face it a lot of sports don't really surface but once every four years (maybe like Beach Volleyball). The pageantry of the nations is real interesting too.
but hey it might seem like its wall to wall, but really there are just so many sports, and it is only for two weeks. SO quit complaining!

Originally Posted by Prose09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's why I'd prefer to call them Champians :-D i agree on that! thank you

Originally Posted by Darla_G /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree that the notion of a hero is a little far fetched, no one is risking their life here. But when you consider what you have to do to sacrifice to be a world class athlete and compete its remarkable. A very few will gain great wealth and notoriety (like a Michael Phelps) but a vast majority do it for the sport and get very little out of it. and lets face it a lot of sports don't really surface but once every four years (maybe like Beach Volleyball). The pageantry of the nations is real interesting too. !

I agree w/ all you said...there are very few sports I get into, but I do have a lot of admiration for all of them. Most of them will go through all that hard work and barely get anything out of it...no money or fame or anything like that but I'm sure that for many of them just being at the Olympics is a dream come true.

I know that many people hate rhythmic gymnastics(maybe I'm like one of like 26 fans in the world
biggrin.gif
), and I do hate the poopy judging they often have so if it was taken out of the olympics I think that would be a good reason. I absolutely think it is extremely difficult, and definitely consider it a sport. The positions they hit and so many other things they do are just amazing IMO.

I also wouldn't consider the athletes heroes for the same reasons you all mentioned.

Back