White Eye Primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by elfuser4ever /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Elf has a white eye primer that is pretty decent.  I don't recall experiencing any creasing but I have heard that with the NYX pencils you have to be careful not to use it too heavily.
I agree..!! Elf's regular eye primer i did not like, but the ones that come in package of 3 ( brown, white and regular) were really really good... NYX pencil in "milk" also creased horribly on me, but i have to say the white eyeprimer from Elf is amazing, and i love that has a shimmer in it, and you can def. build it up, i am seriously in love with it, and for the price (3 eyeprimers for $5) i dont think it gets better than that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For reference, I've used all these eye primers:

Benefit's Stay Don't Stray - awful, didn't do anything but sit there and crease. A lot of benefit's products are way too creamy for me.

Nars Eye Primer - this one worked best out of all but I felt like it didn't brighten my eyeshadows the way UDPP and too faced did. They eyeshadows stuck like crazy but it also felt drying and itched my lids due to that dryness.

Lorac's Behind the Scenes Primer - Creased after 2 hours, really sad

UDPP in Eden, Sin, Greed and Original - Original and Eden work best but still crease slightly, eden worse than the original; Sin and Greed creased horribly.

Too Faced's original shadow insurance and Candlelight - they both creased not horribly but still creased after a few hours; I like Candlelight bc it made my eyes glow, it's really pretty

Smashbox's Photo Finish Lid Primer - felt like thick concealer that overdried my eyelids and stuck to all the dry spots; it sucked all the color out of my eyeshadows, I use it for my lips only now.

L'oreal Decrease - creased too easily.

I don't count these as eye primers but I've used MAC's paint pots, Estee Lauder's cream eyeshadows and MUFE cream shadows as bases and they're all not great on me either.

Your welcome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />! Granted I have very oily skin. It'll be a blessing when I'm old and my skin won't age as fast but it's an annoyance now.

I have a pot of what is labeled as Eye Fix, made in the US, that cost me around $7 to $8 when I bought it quite some time back. I believe Meow sells this as well, although they openly state they don't make it. They carry it 'by customer request'. The product is creamy, it applies opaque white, blots out any discoloration on the lids, requires a very thin layer, and works extremely well. I've never had it crease on me. This one pot has lasted be around 2 years now and will likely last another 3. I'm nowhere near using it up. A tiny bit goes a long way & it spreads very easily. You might want to give it a try, especially for the price and the fact that it's not made in China, so you don't have to worry as much that there might be something with lead, etc in it. I've also been using TFSI for the past month or so and have had very few problems with it. It's a good product, especially for the $8 or so that I paid for it on Amazon.

I definitely use a primer under the Aquacolor. Please don't put on the product without it (especially because it's very close to your eyes). 

Originally Posted by DippityDoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@ Bonnie--Yes, both Aqua Color and Paradise Colors are pretty much the same. I do tend to like the color pay-off with Kryolan a bit better, though:D

@ Rocket--- Do you also use a regular primer under the Aqua Color, or just by itself?

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd love an update on that, thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Yea NYX JEPs crease on me in about 10 minutes. I envy those who can use them with no problem.
Sorry, forgot to update sooner. I really like it! It sets so fast though.

You could always just use a white eyeliner. Pick a creamier brand, and use your fingers or brush to even out the colour once you've drawn it over your eyelid.

....You could always just use a white eyeliner. Pick a creamier brand, and use your fingers or brush to even out the colour once you've drawn it over your eyelid.
It's super opaque, and your colours will POP!
My friends and I have done this and gone to raves, and yes, it stayed on all night, and the next morning too. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Plus...you don't have to go buy a new product!

....You could always just use a white eyeliner. Pick a creamier brand, and use your fingers or brush to even out the colour once you've drawn it over your eyelid.
It's super opaque, and your colours will POP!
My friends and I have done this and gone to raves, and yes, it stayed on all night, and the next morning too. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Plus...you don't have to go buy a new product!

Thanks everyone! Right now, I'm testing NYX JEP in Milk just bc it's more readily available from a recent order. It's okay but I doubt it'll hold up in the summertime. I ordered the ELF white primer but I have yet to test it out. I plan on ordering more of the suggestions on here but one at a time lol.

Gasp, I'm not the only one who does this?! I usually mix it with a creamy base or concealer, and the hold up is amazing! It makes this powdery sticky perfect like texture. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by DippityDoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've used Kryolan's White Aqua Color for years. It used to be around 7-8 dollars. Best white base I've ever used, and I've tried all I could get my hands on. If you put it on top of your regular primer the color pay off is insane:D It is water activated though so that may be a drawback for some. I used to work in theater and all the Aqua Colors held up really well with all the sweating and heavy lighting..etc. Hope this helps!

Just read some reviews on MAC - Pure White Chromaline from make up alley and it seems as though this will work as a great white eye primer!  I will be testing this out very soon after I buy the chromaline. I will update!

I too have exceptionally oily eyelids! I use the NYX Eye shadow base and mix it on my fingers with the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder and it looks great and stays great!

I noticed the NYX milk as a base changes the color of the shadow. Anyone else have this issue?

I use theBalm Put A Lid On it, and I love it! I got it in a sample in my Birchbox about 6 months ago, and had to order it right away. It really helps my lids from not creasing and my shadow looks the same at 11 pm at night as it did when I put it on at 7 AM. I really do think it is a miracle product, at least for me. 

You could also try the Milani Shadow Eyes chubby pencils. There is a shimmery white in the normal display, but... right now there is a limited edition display in my CVS with a matte white! So if you're interested you better go looking very soon before it sells out. I'm not sure if it's showing up at other drug stores, but definitely try a CVS if you have one nearby.

Does anyone know of a good white eye primer? I've tried the NYX white base on top of my UDPP but it's only okay. If I use too much it creases really bad bc I have oily lids. I've also tried the coastal scents "gel" eyeliner in white and it was okay but also creased. Any recs?

Back