Who drinks alcohol and how much do you drink?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drink occasionally, and that's with friends. I never had a very restricktive mother, she actually bought alochol for me when I asked her too. I don't like wine, but I love cocktails, and I do have an occasional Mimosa or a Mai Tai when I go out...

I know what you mean about how getting a buzz is enough. I like the buzz you get from drinking and when I start to feel very drunk that's it for me. I drink water as soon as I feel like I'm getting drunk rather than tipsy, whereas my friends keep going! Last week I was just drinking water in a club because I'd drunk enough before going and I knew I'd feel sick if I drank more. My friend bought me a Jaegermeister (comes in test tubes and tastes like cough syrup...totally gross) and I refused to drink it and made her give it to someone else because I knew I wouldn't gain anything from having it and it would just make me feel ill. I would probably still do tequila slammers for a laugh if it was a special occasion but I'm far too aware of my cut-off point now to keep drinking regardless of how I feel. I can't remember the last time I was sick from drinking too much.

I don't remember the last time I had a drink. I only drink when I go out with friends, but have cut out the alcohol for the last couple of months. I limit myself to two drinks when I do drink and then have water. Usually something with vodka: straight, mixed with cranberry juice or a martini. I don't like anything else, especially beer, just can't stand the smell of it. I think it goes back to that week in Cancun watching people drink unreal amounts of tequila and beer. :icon_eek: Anyway I can't picture myself going on a binge with all the weirdos attacking women after they leave bars/clubs in NYC lately. It's getting really scary.

I drink. And I'll drink anything that isn't whiskey or bourbon. I'm probably opposed to anisette/black licorice flavors too.

But there's definately a difference between drinking to get drunk and drinking for a buzz. I prefer the latter. Anything else would be retarded.

:hehe:

i'm a cosmo girl! but i gave up alcohol for lent! i usually have one or two on friday or saturday night, when i'm watching the game at my favorite bar.

If Im going to the bar, I drink double and triple rye and cokes....I can hold my own when drinkin with the boys. I havent been drunk since July...and I dont get like that often, and havent had a buzz since august. One nights, me and my best guy friend drank a texas mickey of rye in one night,with very little help from anyone else hahha. That was years ago though. I do enjoy wine or beer too. I dont care much for vodka, gins not bad. Girly fruity drinks. coolers, and liqueres are not my idea of a good drink. They are tooo sweet, and that makes me feel crappy before i ever feel a buzz. And the all tiime worst for me is rum. It makes me insanely psycho....ive beened banned from it. I cant explain why it is, but I totally blackout when I drink it.

I'm more of a social drinker .... I'll have one or two drinks if I'm at a restaraunt with my family or hanging out with friends. I don't really like to get drunk and I can't really handle my liquor.

I haven't had a drink in 14 years. I decided the headaches were not worth it. But when I did drink, I liked my fruity mixed drinks.

i've never had a drink in my life.

i'm so clueless when it comes to drinks, too. i worked at a restaurant that had a bar and when someone asked me what kinda ales we have, i said gingerale.

For going to a so-called party school (Penn State), I rarely drink, but when I do it's usually cosmos or a mixed drink. I have friends that order pitchers to drink or go crazy on nickel nite, but it seems like a waste to me. I'd rather spend the money on makeup. :icon_smil

Gosh... now I am going to feel like an alkie. I do enjoy a drink every now and then. SOmetimes a friend/co-worker and I will have drinks after work. Its more social now.

Here are some of my faves:

wine

Mojitos

French martinis

dirty martini

vodka tonics

I don't drink alcohol anymore due to health reason, but when I did, it wasn't very often.

I've been a heavy drinker since i was 15.... getting into bars since 15.... then the drunkiness wasnt enough and i got into coke at 17 and right now at 20 i have a year clean and sober

YAY!!!!!!!!!

I only drink once in a while, like if ime going out on a night out. I'me wild enough without it!!

I also rarely drink anymore. I don't like the way I feel in the morning after I drink. I can barely function. Guess the booze just doesn't agree with me anymore.

Back