Who else is sick of Lady Gaga already?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some pictures of her in her high school year book. She's really pretty naturally.

apicture-1.jpg

I dont mind her, I like pokerface.

She was on a morning show here a while ago and was accused of miming to her own song and she came back on and did a whole sit down written out statement saying now i dont and then did a yodel sing thing at the end which sounded crap.

Her music just seems so shallow, which I guess is fine since it's the most literal translation of Pop music... it just seems to get old really fast, and I don't imagine she'll be around long unless she can keep adapting it to make it interesting again... I'm already tired of every single she's had from "Just Dance" to "Poker Face". It's good music to work-out to and whatnot, but like I said, it gets tiresome REALLY quick since it has no depth.

Honestly I thought she was annoying too but she was on The View today and she was fantastic. I think she sounds better in live.

I wanted to clarify that I do like some of the fashion she wears, but that has nothing to do with talent (more or less her stylist).. I am purely speaking of original talent and I believe her voice could be used for something more artistically challenging, but she sings such simple Pop tunes.. kinda disappointing. I really do like Roisin Murphy.. she's like Lady Gaga more talent and style.

roisin_murphy_10.thumbnail.JPG

I have conflicting feelings about here. Like I love her style, even though at times its very hit-or-miss (the Pokerface video is absolute love). However, I think she is over hyped sometimes, and sometimes seems like she is trying too hard just to be obscure. But I don't know; in general she's okay.

I just found this on google, I know it is an old post but I would like to bring it back to the top...

I actually thought she was ok last year... Then Perez Hilton went CRAZY!!! I got to a point that I will read him

only once or twice a week now. I used to go on several times a day before. This hype for her new album is 

just so over the top. I even had to look at her on my Farmville!!! WTH! I was kind of excited to hear this epic 

new song... I was just so disappointed to hear a song that was a knock off to Madonna's "Express yourself" & "Vogue"

Soo to bring this to the top and ask how everyone feels one year later!!!

Jo

I actually came across this thread, because I was looking for peoples opinions on GAGA. She has over exposed herself so much that I find she has turned off a lot of people who liked her before. And someone please please shoot Perez Hilton if he posts another thing about "the wifey" AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jo

Originally Posted by Aeyla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually came across this thread, because I was looking for peoples opinions on GAGA. She has over exposed herself so much that I find she has turned off a lot of people who liked her before. And someone please please shoot Perez Hilton if he posts another thing about "the wifey" AHHHHHHHHHHHH
I like some of her music from The Fame and Fame Monster, and even a few track from Born This Way.  The thing that irks me are her interviews, her never dropping character, her acting crazy all the time and definitely the over-promotion of Born This Way.  I do like that she seems interested in assisting the queer community and promoting higher self esteem in people though.  It's a case where I wish she was a little bit more restrained in promotion and zanyness.  Not every interview needs to be filled with WTF moments.

I think you're right in general about people I know that like/d gaga.  I and everyone I know who knows about Perez Hilton dislike him because he's an idiot; Gaga related posts or otherwise.

Funny you say that because I think the exact same thing every time I turn on the tv or the radio.... I'll stick to shutting myself out from the media world because I want to rip my hair out every time I hear her music...

You know, I kind of am sick of her! I FEEL LIKE THE ONLY ONE.

thank god someone said something.

You know at first I loved her, so different but then I felt like she was forcing the uniqueness a little bit....

Don't get me wrong I like what she stands for, I just think it gets a little heavy sometimes!

I think Britney is still the queen ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I liked some of her songs...but then her political views just got to me. I'm not referring to everything she's done for the queer community, that's fine. There are other topics that you can look up if you're really curious. It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have friends who loved Lady Gaga and totally bought into everything she says because she's Lady Gaga.

I wasn't really impressed with the whole coming to the grammys in an egg thing, or the meat suit...it's all just too over the top for me. Just let your talent speak for itself. If you look her up on youtube as Stefani Germanotta, she used to sing without the act. I guess it's the act that made her famous though.

I actually have to say I like lady gaga.  Ever since she has been in the scene, I can say she brings a uniqueness people needed to see.  People see her as weird but I see her as a very creative individual.

I'm tired of her. It's always this over the top attempt at being weird or shocking as opposed to someone just being herself. Better to place the focus on the dance music she makes, I think, but I doubt what I think will hardly influence record companies and their marketing strategies, hahaha!

Back