Who here has a college degree?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cousin has a Bachelor's of Science in Mortuary Science too. He worked long enough to get licensed then started a business with his Dad. They work on bodies, automobile bodies. :laughing: There's a huge reason why he didn't end up in the Mortuary field though.

I'm working on my pre-req's and co-req's for the nursing program. At this point I'm unsure as to which nursing school I will attend so I'll either end up with an associates degree or a BSN.

Dual degrees in Chemical Engineering (B. ChEn) and Chemistry (B.S.). My parents wanted forced me to do that. I find it okay, but it's not my passion.

The typical jobs pay anywhere from $55,000 - $95,000 to start.

However, I want the freedom to do whatever the heck I want with my time, and I don't want to spend it working for somebody else. I run two companies, I am doing what I love, and I make more than the earning potential of either two of those bachelor's degrees.

And I of course I forget to add this, but right now, I am killing myself with an added third responsibility, working some of my time at an international television production company.

I'll graduate next May with a Bachelor of Arts in Women's Studies and in 2009 I'll get my degree to teach Early Childhood Education...so not yet, but getting there!

I graduated from a two year college diploma program as an Electronics Engineering Technician. In the states, I believe it would be considered an associates degree.

I am working on my Associate's Degree in Nursing-- R.N. I will be done with my last 2 science classes in December ( finished everything else needed for the degree) then I can apply for the nursing program. Once I am accepted I will be done in 2 years the 4 classes take that long. Seems like forever till I will be done.

:moa: :laughing:

You say that now but I know better!

B.S. in Business Management.

A fashion brokerage firm (fair-trade pieces and wholesale) and a Speech Finishing School ...for offshore Telecommunication/IT Support employees.

I'm finally done in a few months. Woot! heh, I'm going to be getting my BA in English literature. Was thinking of becoming a teacher...but I'll need another 2 yrs for my masters. Blah, no more school! lol, so I might think of taking extra courses and get a certification for teaching ESL (english as a second language) but there's so many things you can get into with English such as Journalism, Public Relations, Social Work, etc.

I have an Associate's in Banking and Finance. Im not interested in working in a bank or whatnor. Still working on getting a BBA in Finance

I have a BA in Media Studies. I wanted to be a journalist until I did work experience and realized it wasn't for me. That was many years ago and have never managed to get a job that I enjoyed and paid well. Now I'm doing a one year diploma in Fine Art for the love of it. I can't take it any further because I can't afford any more college fees. I will be looking for an admin job soon which is what I did before this course. Its depressing but necessary. At least I'll have some money. Sick of being poor!

I have a Master of Arts in Literature and Art History and currently I'm working on my Ph.D. in Literature - umm, I fear if I can't get a job at university none of these degrees will avail me anything *lol*. The job I had till now had nothing to do with either of these subjects, yet still Literature is my passion and even if I can't make much money over here with these degrees, I'm still proud of them.

I'm hearing a bunch of people who got their degree and couldn't find a job afterwards. Worries me.

I hate school - and I lost my reason to want to continue it, but I have too.

Trying to get into the dental field even tho it's not my passion. But I rather have a steady job that pays well than get paid little for something I like.

My current job in Education is rewarding - but for all the work, sometimes its not worth it. We get paid little - or all teachers do and I would become an 'actual' teacher myself if the pay weren't so lousy.

I'm also thinking of something in Special Education. I don't know... I'm still young, something will come up eventually that'll spark my full interest.

I have a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science and am working within that profession now

Rock on sister :rockwoot:

Thanks for all your input ladies! It's kind of cool to know what other people are up to!

Graduated in 2004 from University at Albany (New York) with a BS in Biology. I'm currently working on my Medical Degree and will graduate in 2009

I got two years into my degree in Math with a minor in Chem, and then dropped out because of depression. I went back last year and I'm working on the Quebec equivalent of an associate's degree in Social Science with plans to study social work at the university level.

Im in my fourth year of a BABSC, Natural History Culture and Museum studies. It's a combined degree with 3 majors, in my case palaeontology, ancient history and modern history. There is not much you can do with it. Haha, that's not true, I haven't started looking yet.. basically to get a job you need to have done a whole lot of volunteer work, and well, frankly, having lived tough as a student with no money for the last 4 years, spending the next 2 or 3 as a VOLUNTEER isn't really high on my agenda. I looked up one volunteer position, 9-5, 3 days a week. That's not volunteer work, thats a friggen part time job you're not getting paid for!

Ok, to finish ranting, I am looking at doing honours in museum studies next year, which involves organising a museum exhibition, including advertising, the layout, everything. The year after that I want to do a masters or another post grad degree overseas to give myself more of an edge.

NO idea what fields I can work in though really...

Here in brazil we don't have colleges, so there's no college degrees. You already enter on university, where you choose a 'profession' (like medicine, law, architecture). I'm still on med school.

I graduated from Medical school in 2004.We don't have colleges or pre-med you just go to medical school for 6 years and u get ur degree!!

Currently I am unemployed but I am hoping that will change soon!

Back