Who Taught You How To Do Makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to watch my mom put her makeup on when i was little. The rest I learned from magazines.

Well another self-taught: me!

Don’t have any sisters & my mum didn’t wear make up (she’s more for skin care...).

I remember my first make up: I was 15, I’ve just cut my hair like a boy & I still wanted look like a girl so I starder to read magazines and the Agnès B ‘tiny beauty book’, tried by myself with cheap make up (Yves Rocher, Bourjois, Gemey, L’oréal...), practicing again & again... it was a kind of ‘Dare to Be’
wink.gif
not always successfull
frown.gif

And then! 2 years ago, I found a great french forum (quite like this one but wihtout tutorials
frown.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
) & I’m still learning!!! (how to do smocky eyes...)

Hope this forum will help me

I love the pixie cut with glam makeup. Nothing flatters an oval face more if you get a boy cut and really glam up the eyes and cheekbones. I always thought Halle Barry was a genius for cutting her hair. All of a sudden you're like, wow what a beautiful face.

MuT, trial and error and from mags... both my sisters hates MU. my mom wears her make up like she never got out of the 50's era!! ahahhaha

different ppl have different make up techniques, like Billy B, Sam Fine,Tricia Sawyer,and Elke Von Freudenberg. one thing I learnd from billy b is that he does not use concealer b/c its a waste of money and foundation works just fine, tricia sawyer taught me about make up brushes and cream bases, kimara anert taught me about foundation and how she apply's it. my mom was always a person having her makeup and hair done at prestigous salons and I would go with her at 10yrs old and they didn't have a problem teaching me or telling me their secrets, and yes learning different techniques is confusing but if you feel comfortable with applying foundation one way then do it, or applying eyeshadow the way someone else does it, fine it is all about feeling comfortable. that is why it is most confusing sometimes.

I was always fascinated by make-up. I use to get in so much trouble for getting into my older sister's make-up. I learned a lot from my older sister, trail and error, and MUT. MUT has definitely been the most influential. I have definately branched out and tried different things now.

I pretty much learned myself... My mom was never a makeup wearer, so I just learned based on what I felt looked right and what I saw in mags.

I had some friends that got me into it and taught me how to put it on (rather crappily I might add) but other than that, I learned a lot from books, magazines, and the internet.

I'm still learning more everyday but I watched my mother, played about with her make-up and bascially just kept practising, I often try and replicate looks I see in magazines and online, and now I've found MUT I get alot of stuff from here!

Latest posts

Back