Why All The Hate For Beauty Youtubers?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just being honest, but I don't hate the artists, I hate the investors that actually pay the money and hand out careers to people who stand in their bathroom and copy a look they saw on a celebrity. The REAL paid talent is the artists who invented those looks and actually implemented them. Where are their videos? I don't want to watch a video of someone putting makeup on unless it's someone with something new to offer.

I spend time watching videos from Petrilude and there are a lot of other really good drag videos that show techniques for covering eyebrows, sculpting the face, etc. Art and technique. I do tutorials and videos and blog about makeup.. and yes people are interested in basic eyeshadow application and what MAC brush does what.. but I am not trying to make a career out of it, it's just for fun. I don't expect experienced makeup artists to waste their time reading my tutorials, either. In fact, I'd rather be putting makeup on people and video taping it, but all of my friends are so damned shy!

I am not sure why Sephora gave Lauren Luke her own line of cosmetics, that is going just a bit far, don't you think? Same with Kat Von D... I would have thought Pixie from LA Ink would get her own makeup line first. It's all about investing who has the most fan-base, no matter what talent they have. You see the same thing happening with music, too. The next "hot" thing is never the best thing, and it doesn't last in most cases. As for the jealousy issue.. hell yeah, I am jealous. Every time I log into Temptalia, she's got 100 new lip glosses. Wow. I would LOVE to have that lifestyle.

I used to watch a lot more and I used to subscribe to "the two sisters," but after a while, their videos got kind of old and irritating (plus, one of them had a very UNtelegenic voice), so I stopped. There are still people that want to watch, I guess. People always cycle through phases and stuff, so it's not hard to get new subscribers when old ones leave.

It is a free country and people should be allowed to make money doing this stuff and those who dislike them are also allowed to express their dislike. Nothing wrong either way.

It seems to me that the same type of women that suffer from serious self loath are also angry at other's success and/or success stories. They cannot be taken seriously. For those women that contribute to websites such as Guru Gossiper are only wasting the time and energy to smear another. Sure, they are entitled to their 1st amendment right, however; it seems that they are violating their 4th amendment when they post off the wall ******* bull**** about another's success. These are the same women who could be doing something productive with their lives, but look obsessed, every single time they slander someone. There is a difference between an opinion and then full fledged, banal, ad hominem. I think in all actuality, if you don't have any haters in life, you are not doing something right. And obviously these YouTube gurus are doing something right if they have the attention of bunch of lonely, incognito women. And I really think if I were any of those women they are talking about, I would never read the bull**** and laugh at the idea that they are talking about me.

Just because of the free struffs they get from promoting. I found them (i follow some) very entertained and i learned a lot of things so i think it is nice to have them teaching me for free as long as i`m not paying them, someone does and that`s ok!!

I just started my own beauty channel! I think there are always going to be positive and negative people. So, who cares? If people want to be mean to these beauty gurus (that I have been watching for years) let them. 
icon_rolleyes.gif
 If they have any reason to be mean or rude, I see it as an inner problem, maybe an insecurity? 

Just my thoughts!

My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElleLevi1     :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-Elle

I do not understand why they feel the need to hate like that.  I could honestly watch tutorials all day long and never get bored with it!

Back