Why MAC?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I only purchase MAC from my local CCO, however... they just repromoted the satin blush in "Modern Mandarin," which I will absolutely repurchase forever and ever amen.  If you want some glowy, peachy, delicious, slight-sunburned cheeks, I highly recommend this one!

Wow, that's a lovely blush, thanks!!

I was actually looking for a colour like that, but in a cream version... thought about Chanel's "Presage" but this Modern Mandarin looks a lot nicer!!

I've used MAC for a quite a while, and have always loved the brand.  When I first decided to make the jump into mid- to high-end makeup about 8 years ago, MAC was the place I went.  I fell in love, and have been making frequent trips to the nearest counter ever since.

I've built up quite the collection of items from MAC, and a few things are staples.  Do I love every single thing I've ever seen or tried in the store?  No.  Are there cheaper options out there?  Yes.  But there are some things from MAC that I've purchased and absolutely loved.

Here are a few of my favorites:

- Strobe cream:  I. LOVE.  THIS.  STUFF.  It's such a great moisturizer to apply before your makeup.  I've tried other bases and always come back to the strobe cream.  I love the glow it gives your skin.

- Prep & Prime Highlighter in Light Boost: Such a nice liquid highlighter pen.  I also have the much more expensive YSL Touche Eclat, but I usually go back to the MAC one.

- Studio Fix powder foundation:  I don't use powder foundation all over my face, just in my t-zone where I tend to get very oily.  This stuff really locks in my foundation and keeps me matte all day!

- Paint pots:  While the Maybelline Color Tattoos are great and work well, there are a couple of MAC Paint Pots that I prefer.  Constructivist, Indianwood, and Let's Skate (so pretty!!!!) are my favorites.

- Blush:  Two words: WARM SOUL.  Probably one of my favorite blushes of all time.  Other shades I love and use on a regular basis are Fleur Power and Blushbaby.

- Eyeshadows:  For the past few months, I hadn't really touched my MAC eyeshadows.  I'd been using my Urban Decay and Lorac palettes and ignoring my MAC options.  But a couple weeks ago I made it a point to start using my MAC shadows more often, and I've fallen in love all over again.  While the eyeshadows that MAC releases in collections are hit-or-miss when it comes to quality, most of the permanent shades I've tried are fantastic.  My favorites are All That Glitters, Soft Brown, Swiss Chocolate, Twinks, Satin Taupe, and Cranberry.  I also love that they've lowered the price of the eyeshadow pans to $10!

- Lipsticks: These are absolutely a staple in my collection.  These are the lipsticks I reach for on a regular basis.  My favorite shades are Hue, Please Me, Chatterbox, and Rebel.

I like MAC because of their Pro discount. In terms of their quality, it's hit and miss like other brands. Personally I dislike their foundation and powder franchises. I like their eyeshadows, brushes and glosses but they discontinue and relaunch their gloss line too much, but I guess that's normal in that business. I do agree with others on here about their poor customer service towards older age groups.

I've been using the MAC 217, 224, and 239 brushes this week. Now I need a few more of each lol

Okay, I picked up a few more lipsticks yesterday. I got candy yum yum, never thought that I could wear such a bright color, but it was very lovely. Also picked up fresh Moroccan, morange, and plink. I've always been a big eyeshadow junkie, but my lipstick collection is really starting to grow. Love Mac lipstick.

@lioness90 you got the 239! isn't it the greatest??! i'm glad you like them too!

Quote: Originally Posted by classygame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've used MAC for a quite a while, and have always loved the brand.  When I first decided to make the jump into mid- to high-end makeup about 8 years ago, MAC was the place I went.  I fell in love, and have been making frequent trips to the nearest counter ever since.

I've built up quite the collection of items from MAC, and a few things are staples.  Do I love every single thing I've ever seen or tried in the store?  No.  Are there cheaper options out there?  Yes.  But there are some things from MAC that I've purchased and absolutely loved.

Here are a few of my favorites:

<snip>

- Paint pots:  While the Maybelline Color Tattoos are great and work well, there are a couple of MAC Paint Pots that I prefer.  Constructivist, Indianwood, and Let's Skate (so pretty!!!!) are my favorites.

<snip>
The Paint Pots! That's what I forgot.

Yes....I like some of the color tattoos but good like finding a nudish matte (there was one in one of the Color Tattoo LE collections, but I never could find it).

So, in addition to the two brushes I mentioned previously I'm yearning for, I do want one of the paint pots.

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
   @lioness90 you got the 239! isn't it the greatest??! i'm glad you like them too!
It's one of my favorite shadow brushes! Thanks for recommending it!

Back