Women proposing marriage to men

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with that at all!! But I think alot of women would rather be proposed to. What woman hasn't dreamt of the "perfect proposal"?

i think if you really want to, sure. but i love some traditions and one of them is when a man proposes on bended knee. it's just very romantic.

i don't mind it and think it's great, but i wouldn't do it. i'm too shy lol

okay, i'm not.

i did..to my ex..but unfortunately, he wuz shocked n told me dat he's not ready into commitmentz..then i moved n he keeps coming back saying 'cant we be frenz??'..blehhhh...then i feel sooo bad n depressed aftr dat coz he wuz the first ever guy i have fallen in luv n proposed him n got rejected..?
frown.gif

Thank god now i found a wonderful guy(my current fiance n hubby-to-be) n he proposed me..thru email! lolz!

im for it. if you wait for the man to do it, you will wait another 10 years. so why dont the women just go ahead.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinkbundles /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think if you really want to, sure. but i love some traditions and one of them is when a man proposes on bended knee. it's just very romantic. I agree with you

I say break the rules and propose to him! There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing so! Who knows, the guy you're with probably wants to propose, he's probably just too chicken to do so, hehehehe.

This is solely my opinion, but I think that women like to be proposed to because it makes the woman feel like the man really, really wants to be with her. To her it further solidifies the relationship...

It doesn't really matter, but I wouldn't do it. Some traditions are beautiful as they are and this is one of them.

I think it is perfectly fine for a woman to propose. You would be surprised how many women have done the proposing.

If I was going to propose, I would stage a romantic setting. I'd prefer that to having my face put on some electronic board at a baseball game.

Personally I think it should always be the guy to propose in my oppinion. The guy should make that step and be strong enough to ask the girl to marry him. If a girl asked me to marry her I dont think I would feel comfortable. I would have no problem asking a girl though
smile.gif
haha thats assuming I knew her well enough and had been dating a while.

There's just something about him getting down on his knees asking you to spend the rest of your life with him! There's nothing like it!

I like the idea. If a woman loves a man that much, and is sure he is the one she wants to spend the rest of her life with......why not?

Originally Posted by Teresamachado /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with you I agree with her too.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Dagny /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think my boyfriend would actually be pretty sad if I proposed. Not because he'd say no, but he seems like the sort of guy who'd get really into proposing himself. I think some traditions are nice. same here, also would u gave a guy an egagement ring and u have nothing??? lol

For a woman to propose is rather strange, but courageous thing!But not uncommon I guess. She must nevertheless be sure of the feelings involved and be also ready to face a rejection. WHat if the guy is caught unawares and suddenly feels that he isnt ready? This happens all the time with women!!!I had read of such a story elsewhere, Marriage proposal by a girl, I wonder what happened to them....

I would not mind proposing, but I would make sur that we both know each other and that we both want the same thing, i.e. living together!

I don't have anything against it, but I think that I personally would always wonder if he really wanted to. Its sort of like by proposing, he's put the effort in, whereas if I proposed to him it'd always be like he just said 'meh, ok, why not?'

If I did propose, Id have to have been with them a good and decent time and know that they had that level of commitment to me, but I also think my boyfriend would be disappointed if I asked, because he would want to.

haha, my boyfriend didn't give me the chance to think about proposing to HIM anyway.. he accidentally gave himself away when he said "if we're still dating in 5 years.." and I jokingly replied, "why wouldn't we be? what do you mean by that!" and he got all embarrassed and said "if we weren't married by then"

I was a little floored. Really, it's great that girls propose but nothing can beat the thrill of knowing that someone wants you that much
biggrin.gif

I think it's ok
smile.gif
Who cares who asks, it's the end result that matters.

Back