Women proposing marriage to men

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's great! I won't do it, though. I go for the "good 'ole boy" types that just wouldn't be too thrilled if a girl proposed to them. Plus, I wouldn't want to give up the experience of somebody proposing to me!
biggrin.gif

I've always found it a bit sexist that it's a "guy's job". I mean...go for what you want, overall. If a woman wants to propose, she should follow her heart. If she wants to wait for the guy, she should still follow her heart. And vice versa, of course, for guys
smile.gif
It's no one's set "job" or anything, really. If you want to marry someone, you want to, regardless of who asks, right?
wink.gif

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Uhm..Its okay I guess..I think it should be done only when you are positively sure he is going to say yes..If not you just look rather desperate. truth

I agree, it's a beautiful tradition. Most things don't really make me cry, but when I've seen girls proposed to in public, with the guy down on one knee, I always tear up a little. I'm certainly not willing to give up my chance to experience that moment, and to be honest, the type of boy I want to marry would want to do the proposing.

I don't see why it matters who proposes.

However, I don't really like the idea of proposal at all... I mean if you have discussed marriage previously and you both know you want to do it, fine, but if it happens out of the blue as a grand romantic gesture, I kinda feel... I don't know. Deciding to get married is not something you should do when you're in a pink cloud. Also, you're sort of left with no choice but to say yes. Especially if you are proposed to in public.

sure, i mean if like if it's taking you ages in waiting for a guy to propose to you? but then again, maybe there's a reason why he's not proposing. but i personally wouldn't torture myself when we get married with questions like, if i hadn't proposed, would you propose to me? things like that. i'd rather be asked by the guy.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Uhm..Its okay I guess..I think it should be done only when you are positively sure he is going to say yes..If not you just look rather desperate. i agree

Personally, I would want my man to propose to me, but that's what I want. I think there is nothing wrong with women proposing, just not for me
smile.gif

I think it's a good thing! but for some reason, when women do it, it tends to be less romantic for some reason. Feel free to prove me wrong tho!

I think its weird my boyfrineds always like so when are you proposing to me and I go never since I just think its what a guy should do

i think it's okay but i wouldn't do it unless the man clearly said, "I'd like to marry you" and said it more than once. I suppose if he dropped a few hints it would be alright then. I wouldn't do it but I am more traditional than I like to even admit sometimes.

Back