Worst foundations ever used?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything heavy cover (full cover) looks horrible on me. I just don't like the "look" of foundation; I'd rather see some imperfections peeking through than look like I've got a mask on. Years ago I tried Cover Girl and it was horrid, very orange-y and thick. Then I graduated to department store foundation and now minerals, which I love.

Hmmm it was a sample of Biotherm's Sense Matte!! Blahhhhhh!!! It was sooooooo dry that little pieces were falling of my face everytime I was touching my face with my hand I was feeling like a wall!!!

For me, some compact by Jane. I used it back in junior high and it broke me like crazy.

Ditto on the maybelline mousse. that stuff was gross. Oh, and some Neutrogena compact foundation (forgot the name). The color was awful and formula greasy and masky.

Maybe I lucked out. I've tried:

Almay Skin Clearing Foundation: LOVE

Revlon ColorStay (both formulas): LOVE

L'Oreal Visible Lift: Thumbs up

Cover Girl Clean Makeup: Ehhhh. Bad odor.

Cover Girl Trublend: Thumbs up natural coverage.

Maybelline Express Makeup 3-in-1: Thumbs up on the go.

Maybelline Wonder Finish: Now that I think about it I really didn't like this.

Revlon Age Defying: Thumbs up.

Shiseido The Makeup Cream Foundation: Thumbs up, expensive

Shiseido The Makeup Fluid Foundation: Thumbs up, expensive.

Merle norman broke me out..revlon colorstay was way tooo heavy feeling it looked nice but just heavy.....and dream matte mousse ....

Smashbox photo finish! Okay for photos, but in natural light, it's a whole different ballgame!

My worsts would have to be:

Revlon Colorstay - just didn't look good and the colors were off for my skin.

Bobbi Brown - the Foundation stick...looked kinda cakey - like i had alot of makeup on. Everyone loves her concealor but it looked like goop under my eyes as well.

Anything Clarins - love the colors and feel of their makeup BUT it fades to fast...same thing with their other makeup (eyes, cheek). My mother lives by this makeup but for me...it doesn't stay on with all my flying and travel for work.

MAC - Powder compact makeup - looked chalky, heavy and made my face breakout a little.

Bare Escentuals - my dry skin and powder mineral makeup doesn't look good. It makes me look drier and gives my skin an odd texture.

Having said all this - I've known other women who've used and raved about all the brands I listed above. The whole reason why I tried Revlon is because a galpal of mine swears by it and it looks great on her...So, I think it comes down to your skin and preference in coverage, texture, etc...

Ahhh....the price of beauty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I dont like Bare Escentuals

flawless prescriptives

mac

MAYBELLINE DREAM MOUSSE

LOREAL PERFECT MATCH - OVERDRIES MY SKIN

CLINIQUE

ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR- IT LOOKS GOOD ON OTHER PPL BUT LOOKS CAKEY ON ME :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

AND MORE...

MAC Studio Fix...way too heavy, totally dried out my cheeks

Chanel Vitalumiere & Prolumiere. Both ended up rubbing off partway through the day.

Lancome! The WORST I have ever used, needless to say most liquid foundations have an adverse reaction. But by the end of the day, it felt like grease on my skin. Never mind it just didn't match quite right, worse when outside. Drugstore brands, I never had any luck with.. I use MAC STudio Fix and Studio Tech now and have zero problems.. *whew*

I completely agree, first off the colors were too light or too dark to match my skin tone and it was just terrible quality. L'Oreal True Match was okay for a while but it tends to change color on you throughout the day... maybe thats just an issue I have haha. :kopfkratz: I'll stick with my Almay or Colorstay, thanks.

Every single stila foundation I have ever tried has been terrible...made me oilier and had no coverage whatsoever...

Nothing horrible stands out for me. I know I had a L'Oreal one once though that I think just wasn't the right color for me.

clinique perfectly real. the colour was a garish greyish version of my skin, and it had these huge shimmer bits in it. ughh. i usually love cliniques stuff, but that was baaad.

Back