Would you do this to your daughter?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that kinda scared me she looks very old for a 4 year old! poor girl!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Let me be the indifferent one on this as usual. There is nothing wrong with letting a little girl play in makeup. And I for one would go upside someone's head for referencing my child as a slut for wearing makeup as play, at home, posted on her facebook page which I am sure was only for family and friends for people to spread all over the internet. Her breasts, her this and her that should have nothing to do with her reasoning for letting a child wear makeup. Make a big deal of it when she is walking the streets with that stuff on, because every picture I see of that girl outside of her home, she has on no makeup. What she does in her home is her business. If she wants her to play in makeup in her home, her business.
And my 7 year old daughter wears MAC lipgloss, I guess she's turning into a slut too. And I played in makeup as a child...Guess I am a full grown slut!

I agree 100% with this!
It's disturbing to refer to a child as a slut. This term doesn't sit right with me - especially in reference to a little girl. It's thrown around so often that the meaning doesn't seem to have significance anymore. When women are so quick to call other women sluts, we're pretty much giving men permission to do the same.

And while I think the false lashes may be a little too much, there's nothing wrong with little girls playing around in their mom's makeup. I used to love rummaging through my mom's makeup case and playing around with all of the different colors when I was a little girl. However, I don't think a child should be out in public with that much makeup on either. That's almost guaranteeing a child will catch the eye of a pedophile if she's wearing a full face of makeup like that. She'd stand out like a sore thumb.

I think that i would be fun to dress up a daughter if I had one, but this is just scary.

If you can't place eyelashes correctly, then they are not old enough to wear them!

But other than that, everything else is tastefully done on her, nothing compared to what those poor pageant girls wear.

And I agree with kraezinsane, its ok for a little girl at home.

Do any of you play dress/makeup with you daughters?

Back