Would you say there's a makeup brand that makes great EVERYTHING?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
urban decay? smashbox? i don't know i'm just suggesting
biggrin.gif

Although I haven't tried their eyeshadows or blushes, everything I've tried that Almay makes is great, especially their foundations and mascaras!

I'm someone who uses lots of products from different brands so I couldn't properly comment on everything from any particular line. I've never had a MAC product that I didn't like but I've not used their foundations, lipsticks and a few other products before so I don't know whether I'd like them or not. I really like NARS too but again I haven't used a wide enough selection of their products to be able to say.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif Although I haven't tried their eyeshadows or blushes, everything I've tried that Almay makes is great, especially their foundations and mascaras! I really like almay too. Everything is really sheer and comfortable.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't found a brand yet that makes a great everything. Same here...

I have yet to find one but that's really more of a personal opinion. What works for me might not work for the next as we have different skin types and so on.

Reading the question again, I doubt there is a brand that makes great "everything." I think NARS, CHANEL, MUFE, and MAC come close.

MAC really is awesome-great eyeshadows, false lashes, brushes, blushes, bronzers, loose & pressed powders, lipstickes, lipglosses, and lipliners. Studio Finish concealer is good too. The foundations, mascaras, & eyeliners could improve though.

^^That is what I was thinking, I have read lots of complaints about MAC's mascara and foundation. But it works for some people.

For ME, personally it would be:

Urban Decay-

-liners (pencil & liquid)

-lip products

-sealant (udpp) & remover

-eyeshadows

-mascara (so-so, but the colored one I love)

Bourjois

-mascara (love)

-liners (volume clubbing, only liner I love more than UD's)

-gloss (shiny & pretty)

Those are all the things I use so that's what matters to me.

I haven't ventured into buying MUFE, but my friends do and it is beautiful.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I haven't found a brand yet that makes a great everything. Me too.
tee.gif

i dont think there will be a brand that will make great everything....i hope there will be and your lucky if you have found one, then thats great
smile.gif
i right now am using a mix of M.A.C and Napoleon Perdis and they are working fine for me, but i like to try everything. but thats just me
smile.gif

I dont stick to one brand...

I do think Guerlain makes great anything, I love all their products and have been fortunate to try nearly everything. Unfortunatly it doesn't fit in my budget.

I think MAC and Chanel and Revlon Colorstay and Urban Decay are all pretty close too.

I haven't tried enough NARS or Bourjouis or MUFE to comment on them.

^ Yeah Guerlain is too expensive for me to be completely faithful. I mean I'm not one that likes to stick with one line necessarily. I LOVE makeup, & trying out tons of products. I agree though. Guerlain doesn't get much love, but it's really one of the nicest makeup lines. Gorgeously packaged too.

Originally Posted by Killah Kitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif I dont stick to one brand... I don't either. I usually head for the cosmetics department in the store I'm in so I collect a little bit of everything. I really love MAC, but it's hard to get to a store seeing as it's a bit of a drive. And I hate buying things online if I can't test it out first.

I love everything from:

CHANEL,

MAC,

NYX,

Urban Decay,

Benefit,

and Wet and Wild,.

Some things I like better than others and I definately use different brands but if I were only able to use products from one brand, I would definately be satisfied with any of the brands mentioned above.

^ Benefit has such cute, girly packaging. You're the first person who's said they make mostly great products though. I guess I should try out more of their things.

Latest posts

Back