Would you say there's a makeup brand that makes great EVERYTHING?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I obviously haven't tried everything they've ever made, but ... for me, Guerlain.

From them, I have tried:

-Eyeshadows

-Eyeliner

-Foundation

-Powder

-Bronzer

-Blush

-Highlighter

-Eyeshadow Primer

-Foundation Primer

-Brushes

-Mascara

-Lipstick

-Lipgloss

All of which I've loved.

I would say Chanel, all except for their foundation. I tried it a couple of weeks ago and wasn't impressed because it fell off my face after just a few hours (but that's not saying much since EVERYTHING tends to disappear on me except for MAC Studio Fix).

Originally Posted by CoverGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^ Benefit has such cute, girly packaging. You're the first person who's said they make mostly great products though. I guess I should try out more of their things. They have some great products. My favorites are the blushes, showoffs (loose shadow), lust dusts (shimmery loose shadows), Browzing eyebrow powder, cream shadow/liners, Dr. Feel Good mattifyer, the Eye Bright pencil, the lipglosses, the bath products, and the fragrances (Maybe Baby and B Spot).
I don't like the lipsticks and I'm not too crazy about the eye and lip pencils but everything else is worth a try.

Originally Posted by broooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would say Chanel, all except for their foundation. I tried it a couple of weeks ago and wasn't impressed because it fell off my face after just a few hours (but that's not saying much since EVERYTHING tends to disappear on me except for MAC Studio Fix). You may have had the wrong foundation for your skin type; sometimes you have to try a few different formulas to find the right one. Also, do you use a primer? It makes such a huge difference...

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif They have some great products. My favorites are the blushes, showoffs (loose shadow), lust dusts (shimmery loose shadows), Browzing eyebrow powder, cream shadow/liners, Dr. Feel Good mattifyer, the Eye Bright pencil, the lipglosses, the bath products, and the fragrances (Maybe Baby and B Spot).
I don't like the lipsticks and I'm not too crazy about the eye and lip pencils but everything else is worth a try.

You may have had the wrong foundation for your skin type; sometimes you have to try a few different formulas to find the right one. Also, do you use a primer? It makes such a huge difference...

I do, and yeah I think that the skin type was way wrong... mainly because the only "oil free" kind of foundation they had didn't work for me (even the lightest color was FAR too orange-y when the lady put it on me). So I had to try one that wasn't oil free... everything else I use is pretty much Chanel though. I hope I never have to give up my Blizzard glossimer! lol

Originally Posted by broooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif I do, and yeah I think that the skin type was way wrong... mainly because the only "oil free" kind of foundation they had didn't work for me (even the lightest color was FAR too orange-y when the lady put it on me). So I had to try one that wasn't oil free... everything else I use is pretty much Chanel though. I hope I never have to give up my Blizzard glossimer! lol Actually, all the CHANEL foundations are oil-free. Did she put you in Matte Lumiere? That's the foundation best recommend for oiler skin because it helps to matte your nature oil. I'm super pale myself and everything turns yellow-orange on me but I've never had a problem with the Matte Lumiere Porcelaine. The foundation powder is also really great, too, and it comes in super pale shades. That's what I wore all summer.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif Actually, all the CHANEL foundations are oil-free. Did she put you in Matte Lumiere? That's the foundation best recommend for oiler skin because it helps to matte your nature oil. I'm super pale myself and everything turns yellow-orange on me but I've never had a problem with the Matte Lumiere Porcelaine. The foundation powder is also really great, too, and it comes in super pale shades. That's what I wore all summer. Yep, that's exactly what it was! Matte Lumiere and the shade is Porcelain.Maybe I'll have to try it again tomorrow or something... I just had the same problem I always have (with it fading away on the t-zone)...

Originally Posted by broooke /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yep, that's exactly what it was! Matte Lumiere and the shade is Porcelain.Maybe I'll have to try it again tomorrow or something... I just had the same problem I always have (with it fading away on the t-zone)...

Hmm...it might not work for you but I've always had similar problems with foundation and I love that one...
Exfoliating might help, too. Over time it will help balance out your skin and your skin won't produce so much oil.

as much as I love MAC, their foundation breaks me out BAD! But then again, everyone's foundation breaks me out.

there are a few companies that are consistantly in my top five in all the categories, but those that are usually consistantly in the top five are allso usually ranked number 4 or 5 for me so i do not buy from them that offten....

for me those would be make up forever and NARS

lately i have been trying more and more products from laura gellers line and she is starting to slowly climb towards being a great company

Wow, EVERYTHING is pretty difficult for any cosmetic line to achieve, but here are my top five overall based on: color range, product innovation, product range, performance, product quality, scent/texture/feel, packaging and value (some are still $$$ but worth it for all of the above).

Bobbi Brown

NARS

MAC

CHANEL

Laura Mercier

(+ L'Oreal for Drugstore)

Originally Posted by magneticheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif No. I don't think there's a make-up line in the world that makes great everything.Make-up brands have their strong and weak points. There is stuff that I am in love with and when I try more from the brand it's just average and quite dissapointing.

I think a lot of it has to do with preference too. There might be a few things in a line that you don't like not because they're not any good but because they're just not for you.

i do agree, tho personally i do love everything from BB & Stila xxx

personally i like MAC but i find for me hard to get to it...i love napoleon..i love their eyeshadows, piggies and blushes...they have nice eyelineer gel nd their primer is nice also, i love rimmel and max factor mascaras, and i have a few other faves but they the main ones...oh and also revlon colorstay is good

Back