Would you shave your face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a total misconception that shaving makes your hair coarser or that it makes you hairier. Male hormones make men's beards coarse. If shaving makes you grow more hair, balding men who shave their heads would regrow hair. You can shave all you want, fine hair will stay fine. If your hair suddenly get coarse, it's because of a hormone imbalance and medical attention is required.

I would never shave my face! as you'll end up having a stubble like men and it will only make your life worse off.   Trust me don't do it you will loose all your confidence if you will end up having a stubble.

Ok, I'm so intrigued. Is the question on the table "How to deal with Facial Hair?" or "How to get smooth sexy skin?" I just finished a series of three DermaRoller treatments in an effort to get a grip on the acne scarring. $1,350 later, I'm definitely not above taking my husbands Gillette to my face if there's a chance I could get a better texture. Now, there's something to be said for the action of shaving stimulating the sebaceous glands too. All that lovely oil we spend the first thirty years fighting sure will come in handy later on. I'm not thirty yet but I'm holding out that my Crisco-like skin will get some kind of payoff for all that acne. 

About two months ago I got very tired of the very light 'shadow' my girlstache was making when I would put foundation on. One night I decided to shave it off. I just grabbed my Gilette Venus and went at it. I did have to use a bit thicker, more hydrating lotion on it for a few nights but it grew back so slowly, a bunch of shades lighter, and thinner hairs! I still haven't had to go back in and shave again. I def. recommend shaving it at night though, when I shaved my sideburns area before I put my makeup on one day, I had a few shades lighter skin area where I had shaved. Something about shaving at night gives the skin time to regenerate skin cells or something. Or at least that's what I think!

Unfortunately I am one of those people who HAS to shave their face. I've been dry shaving my face since I was eleven. I can grow a pretty epic neck beard if I wanted but I don't really want to.. Anyway I'm finally able to go to the dr and fix the problem now. The hair will still continue to grow after the problem is taken care of. Tria laser is on my xmas list. *fingers crossed*

I have never tried shaving my face before.

Conditioner is actually really good. I use it all the time. Since I started I've not had the same chafing of my skin which I got before.

I've never even thought of shaving my face. My sister shaved her arms (like from wrist to shoulder) maybe like 6 years ago and I'm pretty sure she regrets it. It's like her dirty little secret and if she doesn't shave after a week or so she has stubble. arm stubble is NOT cool, lol. She feels like she has to keep it up or her boyfriend will feel the stubble and think she's weird, lol. 

no way in hell would I shave my face :S I'm prone to ingrown hairs and wouldn't want that on my face ever...

after reading all the posts i think i might try it today. as i have gotten older the peach fuzz on my face have seemed to move from just around my ears to on my cheeks and chin. i do not like it.

I'm too scared to shave my face. I have baby peach fuz, but longer fuz on the sides of my mouth. Ive shaved my arm and they've grown in darker. I dont want my face like that

Plucking stimulates more hair growth.  You are better off shaving.  The best solution (it can be somewhat costly) is electrolysis- the only form of permanent hair removal. I had a lot of hair beginning to grow around my chin area.  Thanks to electrolysis-these hairs are completely gone.,

Thanks for an interesting topic, I have what to me is a lot of peach fuzz from my side burns and along my jaw line even a bit down into the neck and a girlstache. This has made the application of foundation tricky as it does not look smooth in those areas and does seem a shade darker. I have been using one of those little battery operated bikini line trimmers to keep it in line... perhaps I will try shaving those areas, especially as there seem  to be so many of you who say its works... I will just have to do it without Hubby seeing or else I will never hear the end of it. I have been considering having laser hair removal done, but this would be a cheaper option... 

Originally Posted by DesiredUsername /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm too scared to shave my face. I have baby peach fuz, but longer fuz on the sides of my mouth. Ive shaved my arm and they've grown in darker. I dont want my face like that
exactly! I'm too afraid to ever shave! But I do wax.. even though it hurts like a mother...

I have a bit of a girlstache and I wax it, I wax my eyebrows too, both of those I do by myself. I get my legs, a brazilian and got my arm pits once, but it didn't work too well. The lady that does my waxing uses just beeswax, a specific one she only gets from Chile, but I'm not in my country right now and I can't go to her :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but oh I miss my waxing lady! Also the method she uses doesn't hurt that much, I'm soooo used to getting my brazilian now, maybe it doesn't hurt, or maybe everybody that complains it hurts, has less pain tolerance than me, idk, but when I see like girls holding each other's hands when they get waxed...it's like please...grow a pair 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I dont think i would shave i pluck and i do have side burns but not enough to make me shave. I tried that at home electrolosys pen and i felt like if u didnt get it in the follicle it made another hair pop up, like it activated another hair follicle.Shaving is scary maybe will try on upper lip to see the myth!

Yes. I have a few stray hairs that grow on the underside of my chin that I shave on a regular basis, and a bit of a girlstache that I get rid of by shaving. I also shave my eyebrows (not off, just shaping them and in between)...my friend introduced me to that in middle school, and I've never gone back since it works well and isn't at all painful like plucking or waxing.

i shave my upper lip and chin and around the sides of my mouth. the hair isn't dark but it is very visable. i use hair conditioner, shave cream or body wash to make a lather and i shave while i am in the shower. i am also 63 years old but if i use other methods i get ingrown hairs, even tweezing. i only have to shave a couple of times a week. i inherited this from my grandma!!!

I've been doing it for around 10 years ever since I discovered  mini facial razors from the dollar Japanese store. My skin is silky soft. Here are three different types I recently purchased.

Back