Would you shave your face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I waxed my mustashe once and with the tiny blond hairs gone, you could see my mouth wrinkles more easily. It seems that in my case the tiny hairs act as a softening around the mouth to camouflage my lines. I won't be waxing (or shaving) again.

Wow, seems like this would be a lot of pain or even thinking about cutting my face would bother me I know a guy I use to date he would speak about cutting his self shaving and I know it has to hurt, wow not me. Rhonda

Hair doesn't grow darker because you shave it. The reasons why it appears darker is because there is more surface of each individual hair that the eye sees. When hair grows, the end is tapered- so the very tip of the strand is nearly microscopic. When you shave hair, your creating a blunt end, which means that instead of tapering off you now have a very rounded end that the naked eye sees more. So it merely appears darker. Now, there is some truth to hair growing back thicker due to shaving, but that is because the action of moving a razor up and down the skin stimulates your nerves, muscles, follicles, sebaceous glands, etc (basically, gives them a work out) and that stimulates hair growth, similar to tilling a garden. However, how much it actually stimulates it is nominal. That's why waxing, laser, and threading are better options because they rip the hair out of the follicle rather than blunt it or stimulate the skin too often. 

Using an eyebrow shaper to remove peach fuzz on the face is not a bad idea, as it's a form of dermaplaning. Dermaplaning is an obscure technique not widely known that derms and esti's do occasionally to rid the face of the superficial skin cells. Think of it as awesome exfoliation. I don't rec commend using a shaper for brows or upper lip, however. 

Do not shave hair in the face, this only makes it more coarse. I recommend to have electrolysis hair removal (electrical epilation) . This will remove hair permanently if done correctly and at the anagen stage of the hair. Then no more worries !!! 
icon_cheers.gif

For dry skin, try facial exfoliator and moisturising facial mask

For the peach tones in the face I would recommend to use anti-age bb cream. This is great because it looks natural. 

I once had a classmate from the Middle East with a hairy orange mustache you could clearly see in the sunlight She thought that by bleaching it, it wouldn't be noticeable but it was. I wanted to shave it off for her. lol

I shaved my face for several years (side-burn/cheeks, brows & around the lips/stache areas).  Gave up shaving the sides of my face when I realized it was making my skin very rough and bumpy there and no amount or brand of moisturizer/cream was helping...  

Still do the brows & lip areas though.  I use a battery operated bikini shaver for this & is quick and easy.  

Even on the sides of my face, the hair never ever grew back darker or coarser.  

I get the sides of my face waxed periodically now when I go in for a hair cut. 

I shaved my face for several years (side-burn/cheeks, brows & around the lips/stache areas).  Gave up shaving the sides of my face when I realized it was making my skin very rough and bumpy there and no amount or brand of moisturizer/cream was helping...  

Still do the brows & lip areas though.  I use a battery operated bikini shaver for this & is quick and easy.  

Even on the sides of my face, the hair never ever grew back darker or coarser.  

I get the sides of my face waxed periodically now when I go in for a hair cut. 

I would not shave my face just for exfoliation. I generally just tweeze my brows and around my top lip area if I have to.

I know a girl who had too much hair though and she would get it threaded.

I watched a girl on youtube teaching how to do it ! I don't now if I would though as my facial skin is very sensisitive. If you want to and there are no cons for you I think you should!

I shave my face two or three times a month.  It's a great exfoliant and I love how my skin looks without the peach fuzz. Choose a new, sharp razor, and begin using a downward stroke in quick, short movements to remove the hair. While you may be tempted to stroke upward for a closer shave, shaving in the same direction as the hair growth decreases the risk of ingrown hairs, something to be especially careful about when shaving the face.

I shave down the bridge of my nose, my forehead (which I essentially divide down the middle and shave horizontally from right to left on the left side of my forehead and from left to right on the right side of my forehead.

Actually, I use a body scrub on my legs before I shave. Especially in the winter time. It removes the dead skin..

Just the thought of shaving my face scars the living hell out of me. People say it doesn't come back in darker for them but with my luck, I'd wind up looking like a fricken lumberjack. I wouldnt even get electrolysis done as I know some people who have wound up with scarring afterwards. Threading I'd love to get done. Until then, I'll keep plucking any stray hairs where it's necessary.

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just the thought of shaving my face scars the living hell out of me. People say it doesn't come back in darker for them but with my luck, I'd wind up looking like a fricken lumberjack. I wouldnt even get electrolysis done as I know some people who have wound up with scarring afterwards. Threading I'd love to get done. Until then, I'll keep plucking any stray hairs where it's necessary.
I've never had my hair grow back thicker, darker or coarser on my face or anywhere else on my body, and I've been shaving for about 10 years, face included!

I wouldn't. If you must do something, I would suggest waxing. I have sideburns, but I'm fortunate they're blonde so not obvious.

I have never tried yet. I think wax is quite enough for my skin. I feel its kind a manly kind of thing.

I've done it, and it works really well!  And no, the hair does NOT grow in coarser or thicker - that's an old myth, and it's not true.  Actually, it grows back either the same, or finer.  I just do it on my "ladystache", and my "sideburns".  I've waxed too, but many times, the wax doesn't grab all the hairs.  With shaving, you get everything.  So I've done both, and really, the shaving works beautifully.

I do tweeze my brows - I'd be too worried that I would screw up the shape of my brows.  Plus, I've been plucking my brows for so many years now, the tweezed areas hardly grow back anymore. Luckily, I managed to shape them well!

I shave my face every now and then if I feel like I need to. luckily, I'm naturally blonde, so thats what all my random hair is so it's not tooo noticable, but I don't like the way it feels and I feel like everyone can see it, now that you mention it, I need to hop in the shower, my face feels hairy. lol

Back