Your Hair Care Routine!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's kind of long, but here it is:

Pre-Condition

Before I shampoo, I load my hair up Coconut Oil (unrefined) or Monoi oil. I do this the night before I wash so the oils have time to really work.

Shampoo hair once a week in the shower (never in the kitchen sink!!!) or at Dominican Salon

* Aveda Damage Remedy Great for detangling and adding moisture

* Clarify with Sauve once a month to remove build up

Deep condition hair for 45 minutes or overnight

I rotate between the following

* Aveda Damage Remedy

* Silicon Mix

* Alter Ego Hot Garlic Treatment (once a month to keep shedding under control)

* Adding a little Nexxus Humectress & Keraphix once a month

Leave-In:

* Apply a nickel size amount of coconut oil to the ends

* Giovanni Direct

* Giovanni Frizz serum

Next:

* I rollerset sit under dryer for 45 min.

or

* If I'm going to blow-dry, I put Mango Butter on the edges and use my favorite doo-rag to get the edges to lay flat (otherwise I'd look a HOT MESS). I let it airdry at least 85-90%. Spray Nexxus Heat Protexx and blow dry on medium heat using round brush.

Flat iron, passing only once through the hair and set on Vidal Sassoon Ionic Steam Rollers. I only use heat once a week - flat-iron after blow drying or only blow roots after rollerset & use steam rollers to maintain curls.

Everynight, I wrap hair, smoothing down edges with Mango Butter and a bit of coconut oil.

I relax using Phyto Index 1. I'ved used it since 2000 and it the best thing for me. I relax every 3-4 month.

I am using the Pro Vive line by loreal which is fantastic! I use some Tigi root boost and blow dry, use just a little Scrunch spray and done!

My hair care routine:

Conditioner: Aussie 3 Min Miracle (not deeeep)

Shampoo: Nature's Gate Organics Chamomile & Lemon Verbena

SCRUNCH into soaking wet hair: Curly Hair Solutions: Curl Keeper, Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee & either (AG: Recoil or ISO Daily Styling Gel)

DIFFUSE HAIR upside down.

Originally Posted by bianca_hall /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where can I get coconut oil?TIA!!

WHOLE FOODS or an ethnic grocery
smile.gif

Wash my hair daily since its fine...

- Dove Respect and Balance Shampoo and Conditioner

- Dove Colour Care (Dark Hair) Leave in Conitioner

- Leave to naturally dry and comb through when its dry

- Healthy Sexy Hair Soymilk Shampoo and Conditioner once or twice a week to give my hair a protein boost, I find if I use it all the time it dosent work as well.

I use Amplify Shampoo and conditioner right now. I am planning on switching to Redken all soft very soon. I have heard Phytologie is good as well-but pricey!

Originally Posted by bianca_hall /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where can I get coconut oil?TIA!!

I buy my coconut oil from GNC.

Newbie checking in.

I do a CWC routine everyday. The product I use change often, but right now I'm using

White Rain Intensive Moisturizing Conditioner

Pantene Relaxed and Natural Breakage Defense Shampoo and Mask

I wash my hair every 2-3 days. I use Rusk Brilliance shampoo and Sebastian Slinky conditioner. I towel dry and then use got2be smoothed over. Then I airdry as long as possible, blow dry, and flat iron. I have very coarse and frizzy hair and this is the best routine I have found.

I shampoo with Head and Shoulders and I use any light conditioner without cones.

Note: Oily roots, normal to dry length

I wash 2x per week, the routine is usually this:

*Apply medicated shampoo to scalp only

*Cover hair with cholesterol and then massage scalp to lather the 'poo

*Cover with plastic cap, let sit for up to an hour (I either do this while cleaning the house or while on MySpace LOL)

*Wash with Suave clarifying then one of my other 8 shampoos, usually Tresemme Vitamin C Deep Cleaning, or CON

*Spray on Ultra Sheen Duo Tex (light protein treatment) cover with plastic cap, leave on for up to an hour (still on MySpace LOL)

*Rinse out Duo Tex, and follow with a moisturizing deep cond. ORS Replenishing Pak, Motions Moisture Plus, Motions Silk Protein, or Silk Elements Mega Moisture Treatment. Sometimes, I tie on the heat cap while I surf the net too. Every once in a while, I let the condish stay on overnight.

*Rinse and detangle in the shower, wrap hair in a turbie twist.

*Spray Doo Gro Stimulating Growth Oil on scalp

*Spray Surge Plus 14 or Motions Nourish leave-in on hair.

*Apply Silk Elements Leave-In Cream to hair.

*Comb into ponytail. Baggy the ponytail and tie on silk scarf.

It's not nearly as complicated as it sounds. LOL

Nighty:

*Spray on leave-in and add more Silk Elements Cream and baggy.

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif 1. condition every other day with pantene relaxed and natural for women of color.2. dark and natural honey hairdress (because my hair can get very dry)

3. dark and natural chamomile moisturizer

4. ouidad moisture gel

5. let it air dry.

i wash it once per week with pantene for women of color and deep condition with queen helene cholestorol conditioner.

i've actually added a product to my regime. i now use big bad d's stretch cream as a leave in sometimes everyday and sometimes every other day.

I use Redken So Soft shampoo and conditioner, towel dry, then apply Redken Stay Straight cream before blowdrying straight. Then I straighten it with a hair straightener. I find since I've been using Redkin my hair has been getting a lot healthier and easier to work with

Daily: Garnier Fructis Length and Strength Shampoo and Conditioner, L'Oreal Hot Straight (I *normally* wash and blowdry every day)

Weekly: Garnier Fructis Deep Conditioning Treatment

I have very fine hair that breaks off easily, and after switching from Herbal Essence to Garnier products, there are noticeably fewer hairs falling off in the shower and during styling now!
biggrin.gif

I use Garnier Fructis Length and Strenght shampoo and conditioner every other day and the fortifying 3 minute deep conditioner on the weekends.

I do rub a little Kerastase Oleo-Relax on my ends on the days I don't wash and it gives amazing shine.

i brush my hair every morning, before going under the shower. it supposedly helps to detangle it after your rinsed your hair. whatever.

shampoo : i switch between Keranove mineralogy for combo hair and Bioderma Nodé (neutral shampoo).

conditionner every two days : my favorite Herbal Essences fruit fusions for fine hair.

when i'm not using my conditionner, i apply oil(before going to bed) : currently helianthus oil from Jean Marc Maniatis (le club des créateurs de beauté). my mom prefers monoi oil.

i dry my hair with a towel, detangle it with a plastic comb from sephora, let it air dry a bit before blowdrying it gently with a big brush (natural, not synthetic).

on week ends i do masks with shea butter.

I wash and condition with biolage hydrating get out of shower and towel dry. Then i scrunch in ag recoil and joico joiwhip mousse and spray tigi root boost on my roots. Fyi i have wavy hair.

I don't really have a hair care routine, but after reading thru this thread, maybe Ineed to start one. I have been very lazy towards taking care of my hair - I grab a shampoo and conditioner, and wash it once a week. My hair really deserves better treatment.

Currently, I've been using Suave shampoo and conditioner... lol. The kid stuff... i love it :$

But yeah.

I switch every few weeks.

i am not into chemical products...the traditional coconut cream acts as a mask and keeps my curly hair moisturized. I do this always before a date. I love letting down my hair and let the locks flow
biggrin.gif
. Leave it on for 30 minutes and shower. Dont forget to shampoo and condition. Or you have another option which is yogurt. This is a great hair mask.

Most importantly what you eat shows on your hair. You gals should try using oil before a shower.Heated oil is a better idea. You can give a quick massage to your scalp before the shower. Olive oil retains your hair color. Coconut oil really helps hair to be moisturized. Obviously use SHAMPOO each time u oiled your hair!!! And dont forget the conditioner. I do this everyday
biggrin.gif

For oils you guys can try local pharmacies. Organic ones are pricey. In asia, its so easy to get :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> For God's sake do not dump cooking oil on your hair. I was shocked to find some people doing that!! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back