Your Hair Care Routine!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do put oil on my hair ^^. the ends can get dry so quickly. i put it before going to bed, and wash my hair the next morning. i use a neutral shampoo, so it doesn't make the roots greasy, and all i have to do next is put conditioner on the ends.

Hey guys ........ Okay this is my haircare routine...............and my routines alternate from when i where my hair straight or when i wear my natural curls. But this is my routine for when i wear my natural curls.

Okay so i dont use shampoo anymore (and my hair thanks me)

PRODUCTS:

Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner (in place of shampoo and its really great for natural curly/ natural or chemically treated hair

Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Conditioner

Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls Conditioning Masque

Queen Helene Cholestoral Treatment

My special Homade Hair Masque: 1/4 cup of honey and 1/2 cup of olive oil

Carefree Curl Snapback Curl Restorer

Care Free Curl Daily Moisturizing Creme

Care Free Curly Instant Activator

Step1: When in the shower i make sure my hair is good and wet. Then i applay Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner. I use a generous amount.

Step2: Apply Pro-V Hydrating Curls Conditioner and detangle with a wide-tooth comb while rinsing out.

Step3: Now i either do one of two things........first off i squeeze the excess water out and i either apply my Homemade Hair Masque with the Pro-V masque on top ---------or i apply the cholestoral treatment.

4. Then i put on a shower cap and then i put on a satin scarf over the shower cap. My personal body heat warms the conditioner and i get some really deep conditioning action without a heating cap .

5. i go do house chores , watch tv, cook, etc.

6. I rinse with luke warm water and then i towel dry. ( however i don't rub the towel in my hair, I just squeeze the excess water into the towel)

7. Apply Snap Back to hair and let sit for five minutes.

8. Then i apply the Daily Moisturizing Creme, and put hair in hair claw and wrap it up in a satin scarf and go to sleep.

9. The next morning i apply the instant activator and detangle and style.

It really not as long as it seems

Yay for no shampoo!!! Haha...I think I'm going to get some of that creme of nature conditioner.

Originally Posted by SumtingSweet /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay for no shampoo!!! Haha...I think I'm going to get some of that creme of nature conditioner.
Yeah its really good.......i love it and my hair loves it.
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif 1. condition every other day with pantene relaxed and natural for women of color.2. dark and natural honey hairdress (because my hair can get very dry)

3. dark and natural chamomile moisturizer

4. ouidad moisture gel

5. let it air dry.

i wash it once per week with pantene for women of color and deep condition with queen helene cholestorol conditioner.

i love going through these old threads to see how my process has changed over time.
1. still using pantene for woc conditioner. added ojon conditioner.

2. the honey hairdress is out! i don't use oil anymore, only moisturizer

3. still love my chamomile moisturizer! definitely still my hg!

4. no more ouidad-made my hair crunchy - now it's john frieda silicone gel

5. still doing the air dry thing

i'm pretty much co washing now. shampoo maybe once a month with dark and lovely naturally peppermint shampoo. still loving my queen helene cholestoral and now i use it a couple times a week.

the most important thing now is that i conditioner my hair much more often. i used to try to do it every other or second day. now i let me hair dictate what it needs and that could mean conditioning everyday sometimes. it seems to work much better than trying to maintain a specific schedule.

Tressume's moisturizing shampoo & conditioner.

Paul Mitchell's silkening serum... that's it. Then I blow dry and flat iron my hair.

My friend who does hair said I shouldn't use a lot of product because it weighs my hair down and makes it all flaky/oily.

I switch up my shampoo's because I have a lot of new ones to use up...8 different liters actually. This is my normal routine though: I use HSH soy S&C, Soy leave in, Then I use either After party, PMSSS, or Silk infusion mixed with Redken Align. I always let my hair air dry. I sometimes mix up my shampoo and use one of many of my Bed Heads!

I always change shampoos and conditioners. But right now...

Dove Volume Therapy Shampoo

Dove Volume Therapy Conditioner

Garnier Fructis Deep Conditioner (weekly)

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Thermal Serum (when I flat-iron my hair)

Right now... Gliss Kur Liquid Silk gloss shampoo and Afrodita conditioner and the Gliss Kur leave-in conditioner!

I just basically wash it with a hair thickening shampoo by marc anthony followed by its conditioner and then i let it airdry

I shampoo almost everyday. I use Redken Clear Moisture Shampoo (this makes it so my hair is not flat to my hair). And I use All Soft Conditioner, which is amazing just by itself. It keeps my hair shiny and not only look soft but my hair seriously feels like silk. After that, I use Redken Touch Control Moouse. I then use All Soft Velvet Whip, this is a thermal softening treatment. It helps protect from the blow dryer and flat iron. This too adds softness and shine. After I blow dry my hair, I flat iron everything, I do my bangs first, no matter what! Then I use Big Sexy Hairspray. Sometimes I will tease the root area...after that I run some Soy Paste by Healthy Sexy Hair over my bangs and the layers around my face to piece them out. Then I am done! Takes about 20 mins to dry and style it.

I use Lush 'Squeaky Green' Shampoo bar (wonderful!) and Lush Jungle conditioner (still on the fence...). I love Tigi Bedhead 'Hardhead' hairspray - my HG for years. Other than that I don't mess around with my hair much. For reference I have very thick wavy/curly fairly normal hair.

as asian my hair is usually straight and i would like to have a wave hair.

- shampoo - pantene

- conditioner - pantene

hot oil (once a week) - parlor formulation or DIY.

I just started Matrix hair sleek shampoo and conditioner. I really love the smell. I've used it before but switched. I wash my hair every other day and if I'm running late for work I'll put it up or if I have time I'll either put straightening balm in it and go from there or I'll leave it curly. I got it permed last year and I still have a lil curl. The only thing that sucks is the summer humidity. My hair get's so frizzy, it's annoying.

I don't really have a routine.. I just make sure before i come out of the shower to rinse my hair in cold water to seal it and keep its shine

I tried the biolage shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair, but it irritated my scalp, just like every other shampoo. I always get this bulid up on my scalp that my stlyist attributes to having dry scalp, so she reccomended using Head and Shoulders dry scalp formula shampoo + conditioner, and it works like a charm! I also do a tea tree oil scalp treatment about once every 2 weeks. I condition with whatever I want, usually redken color extend or a deep treatment. I was my hair about every 3 days. My stylist warned me to space out washings as much as possible since I have thick hair with a tendancy to get dried out easily. My hair is about 3 or 4 inches past my shoulders in long layers, brown with red and carmel highlights foiled in. It is pretty high matinence, but I am all about changing my hair color! As for styling, I usually blow dry straight and then flat iron my bangs and a few pieces around my face.

I use My honey child honey berry shampoo, and the honey berry conditioner, then, my honey child aloe vera leave in lotion liquid, then, blow dry, and done. or My honey child honey nutt hair cleanser and honey nutt conditioner, sometimes I use Wen cu***ber aloe, I switch around.

My hair care routine;

John Frieda Red Shampoo and Conditioner

John Frieda Colour Glaze for Red hair

Aussie Leave in Conditioner

Tresemme heat defense

no special routine, especially now that my hair is shorter.

I've been using Tresemme Natural Shampoo

Suave Conditioner - the one that is like Humectress

a dab of Kiwi Blow Serum before I blow dry it with a round brush. I little hairspray if necessary.

Back