Your Hair Growing Tips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree about the Flax seed oil, I notice my hair goes through faster and longer 'growth spurts' (I really dont know what to call it)
laughing.gif

Nox - Thanks for the website! I am interseted in growing my hair too, can't wait to read all the info there
smile.gif

all the tips about trimming and less heat and vitamin are what I'm doing right now also to grow out my hair.. but you should also use oil treatments once a week

the best advice i can give is to go to The Long Hair Community and look at there tips. They give a ton of advice for growing hair and all types of hair things.

i dont do all the stuff they say but some of the stuff like the sugar scrub seems to work well.

My hair is down to my butt. Whilst growing it, get regular trims and use deep conditioning treatments. The fine line you are talking about, all comes down to what the ends of your hair look like. Once you've got it long, you need to keep the ends trimmed, otherwise it's starts looking a bit ratty, every couple of weeks or so. I also find, styling can make the world of difference when you have long hair ,sometimes all you need to do is run your straightener through or blow dry, otherwise it can tend to look ratty.

It takes commitment to have long hair
smile.gif
Good luck with the growing!

I think it's alot of fun to read about haircare for long hair.I'm growing my hair to terminal length.
yay.gif

I grew my hair out about two years ago, and what really helped me were frequent trims (no more than 1"-1.5" every 8-10 wks), and limiting my heat styling time. My hair looks hideous if I don't blowdry, but I found that if I just dried the roots and left the ends to air dry most days, it kept them from looking so parched. Hope this helps!

-moisturise

-dont brush your hair...use a comb

-please be low on the heat

-protect those ends cus they are older and the more you expose them the dryer they can get

trim hair every three months, use treatments, lots of fish and nuts is good for hair.

If you want bum length hair then you shouldn't be heat styling, perming, colouring or anything. If parts of your hair are damaged you must cut off all damage because when the hair is long it will look limp and dead. Also get a trim every 2 months or so to keep split ends and damage at bay. Keep hair healthy by using a clarifying shampoo weekly or every 2 weeks. Then use a hair mask after clarifying.

-Anna-

Can't think of much else than protien which has already been mentioned a few times,

so I would definatly reccommend a bag of peanuts a day ontop of your normal diet - thats the easiest way to go about increasing your protien intake.

my hair dresser told me I should get it trimmed every 6 weeks for so, seems to work ok my hair has grown about 2 inchs in 3 months

My hair is to my butt and honestly.....I wash it everyday and use a GOOD conditioner. I might blow dry it once a month. I think It's been staying away from the drier and irons that have kept mine healthy cuz I only get it trimmed twice a year.

These are what I have tried and now my hair is to my butt.

-Trim only once or twice a year (I agree with Kelly1965rn)

-Use good quality of shampoo you can buy from natural shop

-Scalp massage sometimes

I need to use blow dryer all the time. but if I hadn't, my hair would have grown much quicker I guess?

Back