Your Hair Growing Tips?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good hairdresser than really understands you does wonders... I'm growing out a pixie cut, and have found that finding someone who understands your definition of a 'trim' can be a godsend.

I'm growing my hair out from near bald (cut my hair down to 1 1/2 inch in April) and the things that I have helped the most are

1) Frequent moisturizing and hot oil treatments. When hair is properly moisturized and lubricated, you don't have to rip a comb or brush to get tangles out.

2) Avoiding heat. I do not blow dry, flat iron or anything like that and my hair has definitely thanked me for it.

3) Protecting the ends. I rarely wear my hair out. When the ends of the hair are out or down, they are being exposed to drying conditions or rubbing against clothes and causing friction.

4) Not trimming. Hair only grows 1/2 inch per month so getting it trimmed or cut more than twice a year to me is too drastic. Unless your hair is constantly being damaged, I don't see the point of trimming healthy ends.

Originally Posted by B_Phlyy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm growing my hair out from near bald (cut my hair down to 1 1/2 inch in April) and the things that I have helped the most are
1) Frequent moisturizing and hot oil treatments. When hair is properly moisturized and lubricated, you don't have to rip a comb or brush to get tangles out.

2) Avoiding heat. I do not blow dry, flat iron or anything like that and my hair has definitely thanked me for it.

3) Protecting the ends. I rarely wear my hair out. When the ends of the hair are out or down, they are being exposed to drying conditions or rubbing against clothes and causing friction.

4) Not trimming. Hair only grows 1/2 inch per month so getting it trimmed or cut more than twice a year to me is too drastic. Unless your hair is constantly being damaged, I don't see the point of trimming healthy ends.

Ditto I agree,this is a great thread thnx for the tips from everyone!!

Back