Your Top 5 Must Have Make Up BRUSHES

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Lealabell Laura, what brushes have you already got? I only have a small few Lea..
Bobbi Brown Face/Kabuki Brush

Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush

Bobbi Brown Concealer Brush

MAC #239

MAC #217

Stila #16

The Body Shop Foundation Brush

I also have a no-name brand flat e/s brush (very similiar to MAC's #239) and a no-name brand blush brush.

Originally Posted by Trisha if everybody else is adding a 6th! im adding NARS Smudge too! I'm watching one of those on ebay at the moment, along with a couple of trish mcevoy brushes. I'm not sure which ones to get though because there are tons!

Originally Posted by Trisha Hope you get it honey! im confused by the TM brushes too, they seems to be loads of em! #5 is fabulous tho! I cant believe how soft it is x I might have to add #5 to my list, at the moment I want #45, #6, and #2B. I'll probably get around to replacing my v.short handled #48 too.

Originally Posted by Trisha 2B is divine, i dont know how i lived without it, it really does deposit the perfect amount of colour! i've tried it with NARS & Stila blushes so far and the application is gorgeous! Okay, I'll have to get it then. Is it anything like MAC's 116 because I have that, but I wnat a similar brush with softer bristles.

Originally Posted by Trisha its way way softer, MACs brushes just cant even compare to TM, no way.
2b is kinda like Stila #24, maybe slightly flatter, and a touch softer, i think you still need it tho! LOL x

Cool, I'm after one like the MAC 116 though too because it's slanted.

Originally Posted by Trisha maybe they do have an angled blush brush, im not sure, theres so many, we'll have to look in London when we go. would you have objections to getting that coach to london that costs £1?? it takes 4 hours or something but i'd rather notpay £30 for the train! I know someone who uses the coach service at work, its deffo legit! LOL I've heard about this before, but I'll check out train prices because sometimes early bookings are cheaper, obviously not that cheap but eight hours travelling would be a really long time in one day.

icon_smile.gif
top 5 huh? thats a tricky one, ok, here it goes my favoriites at the moment are:

Mac no18 (Nothing special just a really good all rounder)

Mac no144

Purple dot products - Large Powder brush (feels so soft on the face)

purple dot products - Small Smudger (love this for blending in the sockets)

PDP - foundation brush

My faves are:

Stila #15

Stila #20

Stila #21

Stila #9

Stila #4

Love my Stila brushes and I just got Mac # 217, 219, and 239 today.

This thread is just what I need at the moment.

I'm looking for a great brushes set. I can't believe I never actually bought a makeup brushes; I always got many MU brushes gift instead. This time I must buy the one I like the most.

Thanks for the helpful thread Laura!

Your welcome Leony! I'm off to add most of these to my wishlist and i should have all of them by the time i'm 100!

What can I say! I took the advices from my master (you) and I am glad I did
icon_cheesygrin.gif
xxx

Originally Posted by Trisha you have a good collection there Nilufer! x

Yes, your master! I shall obey!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif
xxx

p.s. which ones dude? You've gotta give me numbers you know
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha LOL thanks! now i order you try Trish McEvoy brushes when you have the chance/can afford it!
ive gotten some great deals on Trish brushes on ebay!!

I like

• #10 - good for applying e/s all over the lid, or just stroking because it's so soft
  • #29 - blender brush, smaller than Stila #9, good for applying or blending in the crease
  • #48 - like Trisha said, good for highlighter and shimmery face producst as it doesn't apply too much. It's also great for blending blush, and blending the colour on your whole eye area

Thanks. Can't wait for the pics. xxx

Originally Posted by Trisha im not familiar with the TM brush numbers! but i have & love
  • #5 Powder brush (see my haul thread from a week ago or so in the Haulin A$$ forum)
  • #2B Sheer Blush Brush (if you are gona invest in new blushes get this, it gives the most perfect blush application!
  • #48 Highlighter Brush - great for applying h.l powders at the top of the cheekbones
i have about 9 TM brushes but duno their #s, i will look at them and photo them soon x

Thanks Lea, good info.

Originally Posted by Lealabell I like
  • #10 - good for applying e/s all over the lid, or just stroking because it's so soft
  • #29 - blender brush, smaller than Stila #9, good for applying or blending in the crease
  • #48 - like Trisha said, good for highlighter and shimmery face producst as it doesn't apply too much. It's also great for blending blush, and blending the colour on your whole eye area

wow.....95 brushes???? But how????
icon_cry.gif

I don't even know what I got, But it ain't stila! And I probly have only a total 5 anyways!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Well, most of my brushes are from the craft store.. the only 'Name brand" brush I have is the Stila #5 - and I luv it
smile.gif
Hi Janelle and all,I'm new here...so I hope this goes through right. I was wondering if those of you who buy the artist brushes (craft store) can share how you decide which brushes will work well?

Thanks in advance!

-Brinn

Originally Posted by Brinn Hi Janelle and all,I'm new here...so I hope this goes through right. I was wondering if those of you who buy the artist brushes (craft store) can share how you decide which brushes will work well?

Thanks in advance!

-Brinn

hi brinn. welcome to mut!
if you are able to, check out the professional makeup brushes at mac or something. that way you know what to look for in art store brushes.

and sinc most makeup brushes are made with animal hair, try looking for those when you buy the art store ones.

Welcome to MuT Brinn
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Brinn Hi Janelle and all,I'm new here...so I hope this goes through right. I was wondering if those of you who buy the artist brushes (craft store) can share how you decide which brushes will work well?

Thanks in advance!

-Brinn

Thanks in advance!

-Brinn

Welcome to MUT!

Back