Your Top 5 Must Have Make Up BRUSHES

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My top 5

Flirt skunk brush---great for MSFs and highly pigmented blush and you can't beat the price. I have 2 actually.

MAC 239---for packing on e/s color

MAC 209 for fluidlines and fine lining (esp water line)

Stila #? (dualsided eyeshadow brush that comes with the 6 pan palette)---Compact, great for my small crease, and a flat liner on the other side.

MAC 266---angled eye brow brush also great for lining with powder e/s

I love the Mary Kay Brush Set. It includes a Powder Brush, a Cheek Brush, an Eye Crease Brush, an Eye Definer Brush, and a Dual End- Lashbrush/Liner brush. Retail $45 for the set in a Leather Stand-up/Carrying Case.

:icon_love

1. MAC #187. This is the BEST Brush out there, I have two. One for foundation, the other from MSF/Blush/Bronzer etc. It gives a PERFECT finish for foundation.

2. MAC #129. This is an amazing multi-use powder brush. I use it for blush, bronzer, MSF, and powder.

3. MAC #190 or #192. These two brushes are somewhat the same, one's just smaller to reach into tighter corners. Suprisingly, I don't use my #190 for foundation unless for some reason I want to. I use it mostly for CCBs, my Chanel Sun Illuminator Base, or other cream based products. My #192 is perfect for highlighters (Like Benefit's Moon Beam) or CCBs.

4. MAC #266. Great for angled lines, cream liners, or fludlines. Also fun to play around with.

5. MAC #219. Gives of very dark, dramatic color which I love!

And also..

The MAC #222 or #217 - Great for blending or applying extra color!

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

My brushes suck next to most of ya'lls, lol. All the ones I have are sets, I just have to buy a set instead of individual, I dont know why. I have a set of some Essence of Beauty brushes (I dont like these too much but I think I have the old crappy version b/c they look totally different at CVS now.) My mom gave me a little travel set of an eyeliner, eyeshadow, and blush brush by Bobbi Brown (this is my favorite blush brush I have). Then I got the holiday Sonia Kashuk set recently, it is on sale now. I also use brushes that come with palletes, like the Stila brush in the 8 pan palette, and I have Bobbi Brown lipliner and eyeshadow ones in palettes.

25 brushes at the moment, going to add more soon.

Sephora is a great place to start building a brush collection also.

MAC 129 blush brush

MAC 168 blush/contour brush

MAC 208 short angled brow brush

MAC 217 blending shadow brush

MAC 225 tapered blending brush

I am not so much of a makeup goddess and regularly use only three brushes, none of which are name brand, as far as I know.
icon_redface.gif

I have one eyeshadow brush which is rounded at the end and works for all eyeshadow applications (with the help of pointy q-tips); one big powder brush; and an art store angled brush that's useful for eyeshadow-as-liner-when-wet. I also have been known to use my paint brushes as makeup brushes on occasion.
icon_redface.gif
Great, until the next day when I go for some watercolor downtime and have eyeshadow grains still stuck in the bristles. Oops.

Yeesh! 95 brushes?! Glad I saw this thread because I was just wondering which brushes I really need. I have about 8. I washed them tonight. Right now I'm loving my Clinique Set that I got earlier this summer. I also have the MAC 244 and a super soft Lancome flat top blush brush that I have had forever. You can't beat the SK brushes from Target either.

My top five, and I'm a bit unconventional when it comes to make-up (so keep that in mind) are

Pout Powder Brush

Nars #6

Nars #6 (I have two for two different functions)

Pout Large Eye Shadow

Pout Small Eye Shadow

I chose these brands because they're soft and they don't lose they're hair easily.

My current top 5 brushes

Stila #15

MAC #217

MAC #275

Shu #27

Chanel #4

Im not familar with brands yet....

but brushes:

1) blusher brush!!!

2) eyeshadow brush!!!

3) eyeshadow slanted brush

4) lipstick/concealer brush

5) line softener

LMAO.

Update for my TOP5 Brushes!

Shu #10 Kolinsky/Sable

Shu #5R Pure Kolinsky

MAC 187

Stila #15

Takeda Brush #23

Edit:

Delphine: I LOVE your new avatar! I've been meaning to tell you this, but I couldn't access your profile for some reason (browser/computer issue)

yea i have a ton of brushes but seem to only use half of them. my five are

EOB stand up powder brush

Upstage large & small crease brush

MAC 224

fine point e/l brush(walmart brand)

e/s fluff brush( walmart brand)

Originally Posted by Waltzgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif oooh this is hard; I love Tarte and MAC brushes most.
Tarte Kabuki

MAC 217 e/s blending

Tarte angled e/s

Tarte double ended e/l

MAC MAC 129

but that's really just scratching the surface.

OMG i have been lemming the tarte kabuki, how is it?

*stila #24

*stila #20

*smashbox crease brush

*smashbox contour brush

*MAC #212 flat eyeliner brush

Large eyeshadow brush

Contour eyeshadow brush

Medium eyeshadow brush

Crease Brush

Blush Brush

... and more actually!!!

You should make this list more like top 15!!!

Paula Dorf Powder Brush

Paula Dorf Blush Brush

Shu Uemura Eyeshadow 12 Kolinsky

Trish Eyeshadow brush

Paula Dorf Concealer brush

Can someone tell me what is the best foundation brush for bare essentuals? The ones I have seem to work at first then get hard and is hard and scratchy on my face. I have flawless application brush,handi buki,baby buki,and kabuki.

Originally Posted by jeweliette /img/forum/go_quote.gif Can someone tell me what is the best foundation brush for bare essentuals? The ones I have seem to work at first then get hard and is hard and scratchy on my face. I have flawless application brush,handi buki,baby buki,and kabuki. Many here favor the MAC 182 for minerals.

What are your fave Essence of Beauty Brushes?
smile.gif
I don't have many brushes and most of them are no-name! But I like Sephora Powder Brush and Sephora Lip/Concealer Brush!
smile.gif

Back