YSL Black lip gloss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious...so I probably will.

However, for those that don't want to plunk down the YSL $ I'm sure there will be drug store brands creating similar colors for much less money
smile.gif

this thread inspired me to get trucco lip gloss in a dark black color.

2087_w33_h110.jpg

honnestly i love the idea and have used black for fashonshows before on dark skin butt id much rather buy mac's lipmix at a pro store in black. much more pigmented much glossier better staying power
biggrin.gif

Not sure if anyone has posted about this yet; I searched but I couldn't find a thread.

P226105_hero.jpg

From Sephora.com

Yves Saint Laurent GLOSS PUR Black turns the lips into a spectacular fashion statement. For fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent, black is the color and lips are the focus. Straight from the catwalk, YSL GLOSS PUR Black puts the two together in a super-shiny, limited-edition gloss. From plum to ebony, YSL GLOSS PUR Black dresses lips in an infinite range of shades, depending on how it is applied—feather light or rich and bold. Transparent yet intense, it plays on the depths of black and the pure shine of a sparkle-free formula.

What do ya'll think? I've heard it looks great layered with reds and plums for a really intense, dark lip but I'd been interested in wearing it as a pure black color. I don't know...I'm kind of obsessed with this right now.

I dunno about all that, black lips? I tested it in person and yeah it could go on sheer but it obvious that it's a black gloss when applied. A goth person would love it though. Not my thing at all.

I want to try... In high school we used to mix black eyeliner with lipstick for a super dark blood red lip... I forgot about that trick

I would look riduclous with that one, there are some that would be able to get away with it really well though.

Oh... my... gawwwth!

I bet the initial purpose of this, let's say, "lip gross", was finding out how many people are going to try and buy it just because it's new. Like if YSL wanted to make an "Are you a fashion victim/make up obsessed?" poll and did it with style
biggrin.gif

I've seen it paired with red lipstick and it looked pretty neat but... it seems very niche, like you really couldn't use it enough to justify spending the money on it.

Back