-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Julep August 2012 Boxes

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 185 OFFLINE   bloo

bloo

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

So Julep has shared this on their FB page:

We just shared the product being featured in the August Maven box, did you miss it? Here is it...

Acetone-Free Conditioning Nail Polish Remover. Are you a fan? Like this and share with your friends.

So it looks like the other item besides polish in the August boxes will be nail polish remover. I was thinking of canceling or skipping, but this does have me a bit intrigued. Though the bottle does look a bit small to me. Only 4fl oz? I'm hoping the colors suck so I don't feel like I want this box as well. I do currently use zoya's polish remover, but I paint my nails a lot and it wouldn't hurt for me to have a back up.

483260_10151278613975884_1650346950_n.jpg

#Post 2 of 185 OFFLINE   aleeeshuh

aleeeshuh

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

This looks skipable. Depending on what colors they have this month, I'll most likely skip. I usually skip Julep bc it's pricey, but I absolutely loved last July's box :) If they add another polish for August, then maybe I won't skip. I have to wait see what they box is like. Nail polish remover does NOT intrigue me whatsoever

#Post 3 of 185 OFFLINE   bloo

bloo

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

It does for me as I paint my nails a lot and could always use more. I like the idea of remover more then I have about lip gloss for sure. But I'm waiting to see colors before I decide as well.

#Post 4 of 185 OFFLINE   aleeeshuh

aleeeshuh

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

I paint my nails about 2 -3 times a week. I'd rather buy a big giant bottle of nail polish remover from Sally's lol. It lasts months and months

#Post 5 of 185 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

I was kinda meh at first but if it can get glitter polish off, its worth it to me. I know there is the foil method but anything that requires more than a cotton ball & polish remover, I'm not gonna do it!

#Post 6 of 185 OFFLINE   DiorAdora

DiorAdora

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Joined 26-June 12
Reviews

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I don't think I'm excited for the nail polish remover .. I guess I have one that I like and works well . I guess I as well will decide when the colors come out but it may be a skipper for me this month. We shall see soon!
YouTube - <3 http://www.youtube.c.../tearfallzbreak
Beauty starts within your heart!

#Post 7 of 185 OFFLINE   CaliMel

CaliMel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Joined 23-January 12
Reviews

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

I love their extra products! I actually wish they had an option just for that stuff, instead of nail polish. I feel like I already have enough colors! I have something like 45 bottles of their polish because I bought sets last year before the Maven program existed. Then I subscribed to two box profiles back when they launched Maven. So I've been getting tons of nail polishes, and it's just way too many for me. It's overwhelming. So I'm selling a bunch of the colors on my blog just to get them out of here because I feel like it's not worth it for me to just have them sitting around.

So I really wish there was a box profile of just the polish remover, or the foot lotions or whatever, because then at least I could still support them, but I wouldn't be adding more and more nail polishes to my collection!

I feel super guilty but I think I'm going to have to skip for awhile just so I can use up what I have first.

#Post 8 of 185 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

*twitch* I just want to see the August colors!

#Post 9 of 185 OFFLINE   bloo

bloo

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

http://blog.julep.co...august-swatches

Color swatches for this month

#Post 10 of 185 OFFLINE   ladygrey

ladygrey

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Joined 16-December 11
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

Pretty, but I'm skipping. I had actually sent them an email to cancel, which was ignored. Guess I'm going to have to give them a call, or just wait until my card expires a few months from now. Who knows, I may end up wanting this one around in a month or two!

#Post 11 of 185 OFFLINE   Playedinloops

Playedinloops

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

This month is a total fail for me, and for that I am thankful, lol. 

#Post 12 of 185 OFFLINE   DragonChick

DragonChick

Feather Windward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 03-July 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

I'm on the fence here. I'm a sucker for metallics, but nothing's standing out for me this month. Is it me or is Felicity the same yellow metallic that was new in May but they sold out of?

#Post 13 of 185 OFFLINE   mjkdior713

mjkdior713

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 05-June 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

I actually decided not to skip, though I did opt to change up my box this month.  I'm classic with a twist and went for boho glam.  I don;t have any colors like that so that's what made me want to change this month.  The classic with a twist colors are pretty but I feel like I have similar colors to them...I dunno.  I feel like I def have a similar color to the goldish one.  Unless next month really excites me, I think I'm going to skip it...just to take a break for a month.

#Post 14 of 185 OFFLINE   bloo

bloo

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by ladygrey View Post

Pretty, but I'm skipping. I had actually sent them an email to cancel, which was ignored. Guess I'm going to have to give them a call, or just wait until my card expires a few months from now. Who knows, I may end up wanting this one around in a month or two!

I was able to cancel through email a couple days ago. They did say that they don't normally do that though. 

#Post 15 of 185 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Grateful I don't like the colors so I can skip. Spent way too much $ lately

#Post 16 of 185 OFFLINE   calexxia

calexxia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Joined 09-January 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

I generally love metallics, but this month left me cold and I surely don't need the totebag. Color me skipped.

"The food was terrible and the portions were soooo small!"

#Post 17 of 185 OFFLINE   TeamB13

TeamB13

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 08-June 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

I love their extra products! I actually wish they had an option just for that stuff, instead of nail polish. I feel like I already have enough colors! I have something like 45 bottles of their polish because I bought sets last year before the Maven program existed. Then I subscribed to two box profiles back when they launched Maven. So I've been getting tons of nail polishes, and it's just way too many for me. It's overwhelming. So I'm selling a bunch of the colors on my blog just to get them out of here because I feel like it's not worth it for me to just have them sitting around. So I really wish there was a box profile of just the polish remover, or the foot lotions or whatever, because then at least I could still support them, but I wouldn't be adding more and more nail polishes to my collection! I feel super guilty but I think I'm going to have to skip for awhile just so I can use up what I have first.

So glad you shared this here! I was about to buy Sofia on Julep's site this morning, but I checked out your blog sale instead... Found January which I've also really been wanting yay! I left my comment and email for the invoice over on your blog, but just wanted to say thanks for posting about it here or I never would have known! :-) Just wish I would have claimed that Eyeko eyeliner before someone else did. Darn Birchbox made me fall in love with the black one I received in June, but I really want the purple and they don't sell it on their site... Lol oh well I'm rambling now. Anyways just thanks!

#Post 18 of 185 OFFLINE   calexxia

calexxia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Joined 09-January 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'm not excited about this month's stuff, as I mentioned, but they also just posted to FB that they are doing a Suede collection. THAT should be interesting.

"The food was terrible and the portions were soooo small!"

#Post 19 of 185 OFFLINE   beautyfool

beautyfool

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 31-January 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Kim, Alfre and Sienna are all preexisting colors - I thought that the maven boxes were supposed to be all new colors for the current month. Was i wrong about that? I always thought it was weird that they came out with so many new colors each month but maybe that is not the case?

#Post 20 of 185 OFFLINE   DragonChick

DragonChick

Feather Windward

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • Joined 03-July 12
Reviews

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by beautyfool View Post

Kim, Alfre and Sienna are all preexisting colors - I thought that the maven boxes were supposed to be all new colors for the current month. Was i wrong about that? I always thought it was weird that they came out with so many new colors each month but maybe that is not the case?

Stefani is also preexisting - I picked that one up from Sephora a few months ago.