Jump to content


Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors


Photo

Ipsy/MyGlam: October 2012


  • Please log in to reply
923 replies to this topic

#1 GirlyEnthusiast

GirlyEnthusiast

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Possible pattern for the October MyGlam bag! I think this is my favorite one so far. 

 

 

 

 

And it looks like we have the lovely Amber (Fairest of All) to thank for it. 

 

http://www.makeuptal...90#post_1905388

 

 



#2 glamourdolleyes

glamourdolleyes

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

OMG this one would be my favorite too. It looks so classy!



#3 GirlyEnthusiast

GirlyEnthusiast

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes View Post

OMG this one would be my favorite too. It looks so classy!

 

Yes! I love the splash of red and the circular red zipper. So beautimus!



#4 Tashabunny

Tashabunny

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

Wow that's certainly a jump in quality too!! Awesome, I hope that's it =)



#5 astokes

astokes

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

The rest of the email with that bag picture said this:

 

"INTRODUCING YouMatch PERSONALIZATION
You took the myglam quiz. You told us what you like and what you don’t... And we listened! Starting in October, we will match the shade of your Glam Bag products to your skin type and preferences so that you get colors that work for you.

SNEAK PEEK: WHAT'S COMING IN 2012?
Our lineup for the rest of the year is truly incredible with deluxe samples and full-size products from your favorite cosmetics brands, including theBalm, UrbanDecay, NYX, and others that we have to keep secret for now."

 

: )



#6 Missglammygirl

Missglammygirl

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Excited for this, i just sent them an email with some product suggestions, so hopefully they will integrate some into the bags..



#7 diana16

diana16

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

I really hope that is the bag for October



#8 Fairest of all

Fairest of all

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast View Post

Possible pattern for the October MyGlam bag! I think this is my favorite one so far. 

 

 

 

 

And it looks like we have the lovely Amber (Fairest of All) to thank for it. 

 

http://www.makeuptal...90#post_1905388

 

 

Thanks for the mention!! If that is the bag for October I'll be super excited 



#9 Jennifer Love

Jennifer Love

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

This is beautiful!  I'm a new subber...been on the waitlist and finally got my email a few days ago.  I was hoping for this month's black bag, but I think this one is better.  Squee! I can't wait!  :)  



#10 divadoll

divadoll

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

Oooh! I love it! Probably the best one ever, Fairest! You are so creative...maybe they'll make you the myglam ambassador...because you are just that awesome!
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#11 zadidoll

zadidoll

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

Oooh! I love it! Probably the best one ever, Fairest! You are so creative...maybe they'll make you the myglam ambassador...eventho I'm not sure what they do...

Essentially provide the company with feedback, suggestions and some other stuff that I can't talk about (but what I'm doing will be announced soon). I think Amber already is one. I'm still bound my the NDA I signed however I can say that what's coming up is going to make many people really happy and some might down right hate it. Personally the changes that are coming I think are great and is the result of the blogger meeting in March and follow up emails and phone calls as well as so many wonderful suggestions from various people (Amber's suggestion in the black and white pattern for example). I wish I could say more but again that NDA retricts me from saying too much but there are more changes in the works.

#12 GirlyEnthusiast

GirlyEnthusiast

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Essentially provide the company with feedback, suggestions and some other stuff that I can't talk about (but what I'm doing will be announced soon). I think Amber already is one.
I'm still bound my the NDA I signed however I can say that what's coming up is going to make many people really happy and some might down right hate it. Personally the changes that are coming I think are great and is the result of the blogger meeting in March and follow up emails and phone calls as well as so many wonderful suggestions from various people (Amber's suggestion in the black and white pattern for example). I wish I could say more but again that NDA retricts me from saying too much but there are more changes in the works.

 

Yep, Amber was the original Ambassador. 



#13 divadoll

divadoll

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

...anyways, my question was a rhetorical...

 

If you are an ambassador, Amber, then you'd be an awesome one.  


An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#14 divadoll

divadoll

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

My daughter was just commenting on how striking the black and white and how well it goes with that shade of red!

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast View Post

Possible pattern for the October MyGlam bag! I think this is my favorite one so far. 

 

 

 

 

And it looks like we have the lovely Amber (Fairest of All) to thank for it. 

 

http://www.makeuptal...90#post_1905388

 

 


An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#15 calexxia

calexxia

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast View Post

 

Yep, Amber was the original Ambassador. 

Right, I remember that from back in January, long before the MG honchos were trying to repair their image from the debacle that was the February bags. Still a shame that she wasn't able to make the flight out for their big pow-wow--who knows what amazing ideas she might have suggested that would've already been implemented by now? Amber seems to be quite good at keeping her finger on the pulse of what is actually happening among MG subscribers as well as "industry insiders", which is a nice way to avoid the "echo chamber" effect that often happens when companies only listen to "insiders", rather than paying attention to what their actual customer base wants.


"The food was terrible and the portions were soooo small!"


#16 Fairest of all

Fairest of all

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

You ladies are so sweet. I feel fortunate that Myglam asked me to be involved with them shortly after their launch and that my input has in any way been helpful :) From what Myglam explained to me the NDA all the ambassadors signed were identical and basically stated we have to keep information regarding the MG hq trip confidential. In my case because I missed the trip the information, photos, sneak peeks, etc were sent to me via email and phone communication with MG as well as talking to other ambassadors who attended. Almost everything we were bound by that would interest you guys has been made public at this point so I would consider us pretty clear to talk about most things legally. Everything that has been shared with me outside of the specifications of the NDA were asked to remain confidential, but I'm certainly not bound legally. I just don't like ruining surprises ^.^

#17 calexxia

calexxia

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fairest of all View Post

You ladies are so sweet. I feel fortunate that Myglam asked me to be involved with them shortly after their launch and that my input has in any way been helpful
 

I forgot to mention it in my above post, but when you were made an Ambassador, I thought to myself, "See, she FITS what they want the public face of that company to be--spunky, involved, and unique." I know a boring, overweight ex-housewife like myself would definitely not be as attractive as a public liaison for a product that so clearly targets the youth market. WTG, girlie!


"The food was terrible and the portions were soooo small!"


#18 murflegirl

murflegirl

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by calexxia View Post

I forgot to mention it in my above post, but when you were made an Ambassador, I thought to myself, "See, she FITS what they want the public face of that company to be--spunky, involved, and unique." I know a boring, overweight ex-housewife like myself would definitely not be as attractive as a public liaison for a product that so clearly targets the youth market. WTG, girlie!

 

Yes, yes, and yes! Fully agree!

I'm resubscribing simply because of Amber's great idea for the bag pattern and the interesting YouMatch possibilities.

Very excited! Thanks for your creativity, Amber!



#19 murflegirl

murflegirl

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

And calexxia, for what it's worth, I think you're pretty and NOT boring. But come on, Amber's hair is myglam pink! haha :D



#20 calexxia

calexxia

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by murflegirl View Post

And calexxia, for what it's worth, I think you're pretty and NOT boring. But come on, Amber's hair is myglam pink! haha :D

Oh, I wasn't being derogatory towards myself: I just mean that if I WERE sixteen or so, someone like Amber would be much more appealing as a public face to a product than someone old enough to be my mother many times over ;)

 

 

But thank you.


"The food was terrible and the portions were soooo small!"





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users